The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Grand Seiko & Seiko Discussion Forum

Old 19 September 2020, 03:30 PM   #1
chinguel
"TRF" Member

Seiko SRPE35

Friends in this beautiful Vice of Horology.
Today, Friday, September 18, 2020, I received a watch that I gave myself this 2020 pandemic. And I waited for made in Japan, waiting for the closest thing to perfection.
I tell them what I like and what I don't.
1. Good number one as a purist. I did not like that on the bezel the light point that should go to number 60 is not perfect.
2. On the same ceramic bezel which is precious within 40 there is an error in 4 another error in the stroke of 45 or where 45 should be.
3. The hour and minute hands are brushed or scratched but not perfectly scratched. Which I will certainly have to change.
4. I am anti gold or gold in whatever tone for a men's watch and the second hand, although it is of perfect quality, comes in gold color so it will also have to be kept in the box of oblivion.
5. Although the date stamp has its own winding in the first step from 11:20 pm, it is wanting to change the day which clock is 80 years ago or current.
6. The dial is pantographed well done and with excellent serigraphy although I am one of those who love that at least the brand is engraved in stainless steel (I don't like Gold of any color other than white) but at least the SEIKO brand would be nice if they spent a few more yen and made it in stainless steel.
7. Sapphire crystal is thick to impact.
8. I would pay about US $ 150 more so that the back will show through the Sapphire glass the beautiful machine that this Seiko makes.
9. The drop that amplifies the Rolex-style date is perfect. (Although not the numbers in the background with a 10x flat magnifying glass)
10. The watch like all Seiko leaves much to be desired in its ordinary bracelet to the touch although it looks very good to the eye.
11. Excellent for everyday use as in the country full of disgusting political rats who have the people sunk in ignorance and give them alms to keep them in the same pigsty for generations. This watch is ideal. Since today I received my FedEx box with so much waiting and dream from JAPAN. It turns out that they attack my collaborators and family who work with me in one of my stores; for stealing money for the hunger that plagues the country. Anyway. The sheep voted for the Left because of the governments of yesteryear. In search of moving for life to the countries of my family in the First World and being able to go out with my toys every day and not get the least worst so as not to lose the most important.
Anyway, how the proceedings took me until now 11:55 pm time in my FOURTH WORLDWIDE country, Mexico, I went to the photos that I was able to take at night because I arrived today in the afternoon together with the news of the Robbery. Which fortunately was a white balance in a matter of lives.
I send you greetings and Blessings
Mike
IMG_5099.jpg
IMG_5108.jpg
IMG_5111.jpg
IMG_5109.jpg
IMG_5120.jpg
IMG_5125.jpg
IMG_5128.jpg
IMG_5130.jpg
I you have any questions will be glad to add pictures here or in private and ask your answers as well.
chinguel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 September 2020, 07:47 PM   #2
AEC
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Idiot Savant
Cool watch. Thanks for the review. It sounds like your friends or family were victims of violent crime, and if so then I'm sorry to hear of this. Hope everyone is all right.
AEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 September 2020, 04:32 AM   #3
chinguel
"TRF" Member

Fortunately yes we all are ok.
Thanks for asking
Old 20 September 2020, 05:30 AM   #4
chinguel
"TRF" Member

A few more with Burgers in the Grill

Old 20 September 2020, 03:20 PM   #5
kieselguhr
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1601
Congratulations! I love the samurai series of Seiko Divers! That waffle dial was one that drew my attention to the model but got the PADI variant instead
kieselguhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 September 2020, 03:59 PM   #6
Psmith
"TRF" Member

Watch: spring-driven
Nice piece, congrats
Old 20 September 2020, 04:01 PM   #7
chinguel
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kieselguhr View Post
Congratulations! I love the samurai series of Seiko Divers! That waffle dial was one that drew my attention to the model but got the PADI variant instead

Deer Kieselguhr thanks
Old 20 September 2020, 04:02 PM   #8
chinguel
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psmith View Post
Nice piece, congrats

Dear PSmith it’s indeed a very nice piece.

Old 20 September 2020, 09:14 PM   #9
1William
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
Congratulations.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 October 2020, 09:32 AM   #10
Alexwwjd
"TRF" Member

Watch: Out!!!
Congrats on the incoming. I'm also in Mexico and the only time I was robbed at gunpoint was 20+ years ago and the guy stole my beloved Titanium Timex.

I usually travel to Mexico City and other cities and never had a problem with a Rolex. I always carry a Casio G-Shock in my backpack if I ever feel unsafe.

Enjoy your Samurai!
Alexwwjd is offline   Reply With Quote