The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 27 May 2017, 02:25 PM   #31
Pattyb69
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR|LVC|PAM 911
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyc27000 View Post
Yes that's right. That's all they had to try so didn't have a choice. I was more interested in checking out the flare on my wrist and it was way too much. No such issue on the Rubber B. I'm loving it.
You wouldn't have got that flare with the deployant version of Everest. It fits differently. Congrats and enjoy your new strap!
Pattyb69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2017, 02:51 PM   #32
sanosan34
"TRF" Member

Nyc27000, glad to hear that the RB is working out for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattyb69 View Post
You wouldn't have got that flare with the deployant version of Everest. It fits differently. Congrats and enjoy your new strap!
I have to disagree. I own the Everest deployant and RB tang, and the Everest still flares out noticeably more than RB.

The Everest is still very comfortable, but RB stays on center better for me. And of course if your wrist is much bigger than 6.5" then stay away from RB.
sanosan34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2017, 03:03 PM   #33
nursejm
Banned

Watch: Rolex, PAM, Tag.
Everest or RubberB for my sized wrist?

Quote:

Finally, success!! In my relief and haste to attach the deployant, I attached the safety lock side with the safety lock on the inside and not outside of the band, forcing me to unscrew and do it again. Finally, after about 45 minutes, everything was complete.

For removing the bracelet and installing, tweezer is the best tool:

Installing the rubber strap tweezer is not the way to go, use a single spring bar tool.

It took me only 5 minutes to finish all the procedure using this tool.

Best regards,
nursejm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2017, 09:28 PM   #34
Nyc27000
"TRF" Member

First set of pics. As you can see, the band wraps around my wrist without flare and is very secure. The fit against the lugs is perfect, no gaps. The end link design looks very nice, although I would have preferred the horizontal lines to be lower, in line with where the lugs end.

BTW how do you keep the photos from rotating when uploading?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 01.jpg (57.0 KB, 319 views)
File Type: jpg 02.jpg (38.0 KB, 322 views)
File Type: jpg 03.jpg (38.6 KB, 313 views)
File Type: jpg 04.jpg (50.4 KB, 316 views)
File Type: jpg 05.jpg (50.0 KB, 312 views)
Nyc27000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2017, 09:39 PM   #35
Nyc27000
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanosan34 View Post
Nyc27000, glad to hear that the RB is working out for you.

I have to disagree. I own the Everest deployant and RB tang, and the Everest still flares out noticeably more than RB.

The Everest is still very comfortable, but RB stays on center better for me. And of course if your wrist is much bigger than 6.5" then stay away from RB.
Nursejm's pics of his Everest certainly suggest the Everest flares, much more than the Rubber B, at least for our sized wrists, even though is wrist is slightly smaller at 6.25"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nursejm View Post
For removing the bracelet and installing, tweezer is the best tool:

Installing the rubber strap tweezer is not the way to go, use a single spring bar tool.

It took me only 5 minutes to finish all the procedure using this tool.

Best regards,
Thanks I wish I would have known this beforehand! What about putting the Oyster back on, same procedure with the single spring bar tool? I'd be worry about denting the top edges of the oyster using this method similar to what I did to my lugs, although maybe with careful taping that could be prevented?
Old 27 May 2017, 09:47 PM   #36
nursejm
Banned

Everest or RubberB for my sized wrist?

Quote:
Nursejm's pics of his Everest certainly suggest the Everest flares, much more than the Rubber B, at least for our sized wrists, even though is wrist is slightly smaller at 6.25"

Thanks I wish I would have known this beforehand! What about putting the Oyster back on, same procedure with the single spring bar tool? I'd be worry about denting the top edges of the oyster using this method similar to what I did to my lugs, although maybe with careful taping that could be prevented?

Putting back the oyster bracelet i use the tweezer. Just depress those springbars at the same time. Then carefully slide the solid end links into the lugs.

To sum things up:
Use tweezer for the following tasks:
-Removing oyster bracelet
-Installing oyster bracelet
-Removing rubber strap

Use springbar tool for the following tasks:
-Installing rubber strap

Best regards,
Old 27 May 2017, 09:48 PM   #37
Nyc27000
"TRF" Member

More pics, showing how the straps attach to the lugs and the clasp. The clasp connection fits to the links like the Everest which I much prefer to having to cut the strap like the Rubber B EZ link versions (this would be a deal breaker for me if I was trying to fit a Rubber B to a GMT or any other watch with EZ link).

I tried to take a picture of the lug damage - again, nothing major, just some very small denting at the edge of the inner lug.

I also included a picture of the tools, including the ~18 amazon tool that has the special shaped head that provides for a much better fit in the screw than a traditional flathead that angles in in a diamond shape. Ironically I got the oyster bracelet sized at an airport AD when flying out. I asked to do it myself and they let me, but their screwdriver had the traditional flathead shape, so it was actually harder using the AD tool!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 06.jpg (46.5 KB, 305 views)
File Type: jpg 07.jpg (111.1 KB, 303 views)
File Type: jpg 08.jpg (118.0 KB, 305 views)
File Type: jpg 09.jpg (53.2 KB, 307 views)
File Type: jpg 10.jpg (64.9 KB, 309 views)
File Type: jpg 11.jpg (85.8 KB, 310 views)
File Type: jpg 12.jpg (48.9 KB, 304 views)
Old 27 May 2017, 10:37 PM   #38
kelv_w
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nursejm View Post
Putting back the oyster bracelet i use the tweezer. Just depress those springbars at the same time. Then carefully slide the solid end links into the lugs.

To sum things up:
Use tweezer for the following tasks:
-Removing oyster bracelet
-Installing oyster bracelet
-Removing rubber strap

Use springbar tool for the following tasks:
-Installing rubber strap

Best regards,
Thanks that's a good tip to know.
kelv_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2017, 07:20 AM   #39
nursejm
Banned

Quote:

I made a video regarding removing/installing everest strap.

https://youtu.be/2lRSYIyhDro

Hope this will be helpful.

Best regards,
Old 28 May 2017, 12:37 PM   #40
Eric88
"TRF" Member

I have a 6.5" wrist and own the black XS RubberB that I use with the glide lock clasp. I tried the tang buckle and HATE it. My wrist is too small and I can't stand that extra material and tail hanging out. Very pleased with the RubberB.

I also have the Everest in orange and like it quite a bit. It does "flare" just a tiny bit more, but the rubber is softer and more pliable. I find it a bit more comfortable than RubberB.

I'm VERY fickle on these rubber options vs. the oyster bracelet. Intend to like the rubber for a few days, maybe a week, and then put the oyster bracelet back on the watch. At which point I'm like, "why did I ever get those rubber straps."

I don't think I've worn a rubber strap in 2017 yet. Might be time to try one.
Eric88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2017, 12:42 PM   #41
Nyc27000
"TRF" Member

Hey Eric, thanks for the insight, would love to see some pics of the Everest on your wrist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric88 View Post
I have a 6.5" wrist and own the black XS RubberB that I use with the glide lock clasp. I tried the tang buckle and HATE it. My wrist is too small and I can't stand that extra material and tail hanging out. Very pleased with the RubberB.

I also have the Everest in orange and like it quite a bit. It does "flare" just a tiny bit more, but the rubber is softer and more pliable. I find it a bit more comfortable than RubberB.

I'm VERY fickle on these rubber options vs. the oyster bracelet. Intend to like the rubber for a few days, maybe a week, and then put the oyster bracelet back on the watch. At which point I'm like, "why did I ever get those rubber straps."

I don't think I've worn a rubber strap in 2017 yet. Might be time to try one.
Old 28 May 2017, 12:52 PM   #42
Eric88
"TRF" Member

Here's a thread from a year ago when I got the Everest.

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=477865
Old 3 June 2017, 05:02 AM   #43
sanosan34
"TRF" Member

Nyc27000 - How is the Rubber B holding up for you?

It looks like you are almost fully extended on the glidelock, how many more points of adjustment are available to make it bigger?
Old 3 June 2017, 07:30 AM   #44
Nyc27000
"TRF" Member

Still loving it. Don't think I will take it off for a long time. Glidelock is basically in the middle. I have no links on that side other than the half link. I can see 3 of the glidelock adjustment grooves in its normal position. Occasionally I tighten so I only see two grooves, but never have to loosen. Wraps around my wrist beautifully and comfortably.

Thanks again for helping me make a great decision!

Quote:
Nyc27000 - How is the Rubber B holding up for you?

It looks like you are almost fully extended on the glidelock, how many more points of adjustment are available to make it bigger?
Old 3 June 2017, 08:29 AM   #45
sanosan34
"TRF" Member

Thanks for the info! I'm going to try the deployant version in the future and want to make sure the XS size isn't too small. It sounds like it has enough adjustability either way.
Old 3 June 2017, 10:14 PM   #46
Nyc27000
"TRF" Member

It absolutely does as it's basically positioned in the middle. I took a picture below. But this is with a Sub with glidelock. You have a GMT WITH EZ-link? I think the Rubber Bs with EZlink attach directly into the clasp and you have to cut it to size, which I don't like. If I had the GMT I'd take a chance on the everest deployant.

Quote:
Thanks for the info! I'm going to try the deployant version in the future and want to make sure the XS size isn't too small. It sounds like it has enough adjustability either way.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1433.jpg (76.9 KB, 258 views)
Old 5 June 2017, 01:37 PM   #47
Eric88
"TRF" Member

Just wore my RubberB for a week and had to switch back to oyster bracelet. So much better. The rubber is ok for a very brief change, but I really like the bracelet so much more.
Old 5 June 2017, 04:31 PM   #48
sueno213
"TRF" Member

Watch: fpj tantalum bleu
I have small wrists also, but are flat on top. Your wrist seem to be rounded on top, making the watch sit higher. Bill at Everest is really friendly and their customer service responds to questions very quickly, I like the everest curved rubber straps with the tang buckle, but prefer the rubberb for the rolex clasp assembly.
sueno213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 June 2017, 10:58 PM   #49
cmajpwc
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer 1
The RubberB was definitely the right choice. It looks great on you!

Since you'll be switching out often it seems between the bracelet and the rubber I might suggest picking up an extra glide lock clasp. It's expensive but it'll save you time switching it out and wear and tear on the screws/links.
cmajpwc is offline   Reply With Quote