The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 6 January 2022, 10:37 AM   #91
Travelller
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: my sig. ;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by subtona View Post
Still waiting for delivery, this watch is being produced at a snails pace.
Fingers crossed on your behalf
Panerai 111 217 233
Rolex 16600 126600
Seiko SBGA125 SBDX001 SLA017 SLA025 SLA033
Tudor 5B GMT
Zénith A386ME
Other Mühle Glashütte S.A.R. Flieger Chronoswiss Tora
Travelller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 January 2022, 10:39 AM   #92
Travelller
2024 Pledge Member

A case study...
...38-39.7-41-42mm stack ...of awesomeness!

Of course it takes more than the diameter to really appreciate the "perceived" size with dial, bezel and lug2lug all adding to the final impression.

Panerai 111 217 233
Rolex 16600 126600
Tudor 5B GMT
Zénith A386ME
Old 6 January 2022, 02:15 PM   #93
subtona
"TRF" Member

Watch: APK & sometimes Y
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelller View Post
A case study...
...38-39.7-41-42mm stack ...of awesomeness!

Of course it takes more than the diameter to really appreciate the "perceived" size with dial, bezel and lug2lug all adding to the final impression.

Amazing pic
Old 9 March 2022, 03:43 AM   #94
Travelller
2024 Pledge Member

"Omega Days" are here!

Yet... this is still *The One* for me...
...on #SpeedyTuesday

Panerai 111 217 233
Rolex 16600 126600
Tudor 5B GMT
Zénith A386ME
Old 23 March 2022, 04:53 AM   #95
Travelller
2024 Pledge Member

Happy SpeedyTuesday

Panerai 111 217 233
Rolex 16600 126600
Tudor 5B GMT
Zénith A386ME
Old 13 April 2022, 05:28 PM   #96
ratty
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytonas and Subs
I wish I could stop looking at the pictures in this thread, they cause so much indecision!
ratty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 April 2022, 08:49 PM   #97
1William
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
I agree.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 April 2022, 09:31 PM   #98
DoricSpiker
2024 Pledge Member

Best Omega watch I have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DoricSpiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 April 2022, 11:51 PM   #99
Travelller
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratty View Post
I wish I could stop looking at the pictures in this thread, they cause so much indecision!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1William View Post
I agree.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoricSpiker View Post
Best Omega watch I have.
Who am I to argue... I was busy cleaning mine when the masses were queuing for a MoonSwatch...

Panerai 111 217 233
Rolex 16600 126600
Tudor 5B GMT
Zénith A386ME
Old 13 April 2022, 11:55 PM   #100
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Happy SpeedyTuesday

Please stop posting these amazing pictures here

Carry on … please
brandrea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14 April 2022, 01:58 AM   #101
logo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Who am I to argue... I was busy cleaning mine when the masses were queuing for a MoonSwatch...

Great photos. I find capturing the movement is the hardest part in photographing this watch.
logo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 April 2022, 11:33 PM   #102
ratty
"TRF" Member

Quote:
OK!

Indecision over, I’ve bought one!

I want to say thanks very much to the people who have started and contributed to threads like this one which have made me revisit this watch.

So far so good, even though I have managed to scratch the clasp already. I want to wear it more before I post my thoughts, but I am seeing it in a very different light to the one I saw it in a year or so ago. So far very positive though.
Old 17 April 2022, 12:56 AM   #103
logo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
OK!

I want to say thanks very much to the people who have started and contributed to threads like this one which have made me revisit this watch.

So far so good, even though I have managed to scratch the clasp already. I want to wear it more before I post my thoughts, but I am seeing it in a very different light to the one I saw it in a year or so ago. So far very positive though.
Congrats!
Old 17 April 2022, 01:34 AM   #104
Cougar1968
"TRF" Member

I never really appreciate the 321 until I saw this thread, now I realize that it’s truly amazing looking.
Cougar1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2022, 05:10 AM   #105
Stevec14
"TRF" Member

Watch: 321, Snoopy 3
Quote:
OK!

Congrats mate - that’s great news. Don’t worry about the clasp. I have a great big scratch on mine when I forgot to take it off when moving something in the garden. Still, I’ve no intention of selling it anyway, so just as well!

Will be really good to get your thoughts once you’ve had it a while.
Stevec14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2022, 05:50 AM   #106
bobski
"TRF" Member

Fantastic photos and a great write up!
bobski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2022, 10:20 PM   #107
ratty
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevec14 View Post
Congrats mate - that’s great news. Don’t worry about the clasp. I have a great big scratch on mine when I forgot to take it off when moving something in the garden. Still, I’ve no intention of selling it anyway, so just as well!

Will be really good to get your thoughts once you’ve had it a while.
Thanks for this Steve.

I have to say that so far it's been very positive.

I've been thinking about why my thoughts on this watch have changed so much. I was first offered one in November or December 2020, just after they came out. I had bought a hesalite Moonwatch the day before so this was very fresh in my mind and I was directly comparing the two against each other. I have to say that there have been a few posts about the 321 recently and these have made me think about the watch again, but more on a stand alone basis as opposed to a comparison with the Moonwatch.

My first thoughts are that the 321 is very comfortable. I don't have any problems with getting the watch over my hand when putting it on or taking it off. I wish there was a bit more adjustment in the clasp, there are just two adjustment holes, but this isn't the end of the world. The beautifully brushed clasp marks easily, the first scratch has a few friends now already! I don't mind the design of the bracelet, but to my eyes it's not the nicest one I've seen. It is very thin, but it certainly doesn't feel as flimsy as I remembered it. I was a bit concerned about the lug to lug measurement but on the wrist this is no problem for me at all. I think the watch being narrower than the professional Speedies I'm used to makes it look longer but, as I say, no problems. I really like the dial and colour and length of the hour markers. I think that this makes the watch look a bit older rather than it being brand new. I also really like the seconds hand used for the chrono on the watch. When the 321 came out I thought it should have been made with a hesalite 'glass' and an aluminium bezel like the original had, but again having worn the watch I no longer see these things as problems. Mine is currently running at about minus 3 seconds per day which is way better that the Moonwatch I mentioned above which runs at about plus 10 or 11 seconds per day, so I'm comfortable with this as well.

I do not see my 321 as a replacement for my professional moonwatches, I see it as an addition rather than a replacement. To me they wear different enough to justify having both. I have said it before and I say it again though, I would really like to see a 321 version with the professional case. If this 321 is the Ed White version, I would like to see a new 321 equipped version of the Buzz Aldrin watch, the first watch on the moon. I know there are not many 321 movements made but I suspect that it wouldn't be too hard to make a few more and I think the 'Aldrin' watch's case is very similar to the case used for the Snoopy 3 so is also available. (I think the Ed White watch used the 3rd generation ST 105.003 Speedmaster case and the Aldrin watch was the 4th generation ST 105.012 but if this is wrong, please correct me on this) I think a version of Aldrin's watch could also be made as a limited supply version the same as the current 321 and would sell well to enthusiasts. I would be interested to hear what others on here think of this idea!

Well these are my initial thoughts on the 321. I'm sure that I will have more to come, but overall I'm very positive about this watch. I would encourage anyone who has the chance to have a look at it.

I suppose the price has to be mentioned! As I have said, to me, having experienced it first hand, this watch is more than just a modified standard Speedmaster, it is a stand alone watch which Omega appears to see as a 'Halo' watch in the Speedmaster range and as such it will be priced accordingly. At the moment in the UK a Moonwatch is priced at about £5500 to £6500 depending on the version and the 321 is about £12600. If you think of the 321 as a version of the Moonwatch range the same as the other versions, it certainly appears to be expensive. If you think of it as a stand alone 'halo' version, maybe not quite so expensive? (I hope that this makes sense!) I do not see the 321 as a competitor to the standard SS Moonwatch range, I see it as something different.

Do I regret buying the 321? Not at all.

Do I think it was worth the cost? Yes I do.

Do I think everyone will agree with me on these points? No I certainly don't.

If a 321 version of the 'Aldrin' watch come out would I consider it? Definitely!

I hope that my thoughts on my 321 are interesting and helpful to some people in the same way as some other posts have been to me. If anyone has any questions please fire away.
Old 18 April 2022, 12:37 AM   #108
ratty
"TRF" Member

I also think the 321 looks really good on a strap, so plenty of scope for people wanting to experiment with the look of the watch and it’s easier to wind.

Last edited by ratty; 18 April 2022 at 01:36 AM.. Reason: Adding
Old 20 April 2022, 11:33 AM   #109
Travelller
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougar1968 View Post
I never really appreciate the 321 until I saw this thread, now I realize that it’s truly amazing looking.
Glad I could sway your opinion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandrea View Post
Please stop posting these amazing pictures here...
My pleasure to torture you (until your name is called - gonna happen, just you see

Quote:
Originally Posted by logo View Post
Great photos. I find capturing the movement is the hardest part in photographing this watch.
Many thanks - such a photogenic watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobski View Post
Fantastic photos and a great write up!
So many thanks

~~~

Quote:
Indecision over, I’ve bought one! I want to say thanks very much to the people who have started and contributed to threads like this one which have made me revisit this watch...
Congrats We're always happy to play the role of the "enabler" when it comes to such special references as this one

Quote:
...I had bought a hesalite Moonwatch the day before... wish there was a bit more adjustment in the clasp... I really like the dial and colour and length of the hour markers. I think that this makes the watch look a bit older rather than it being brand new ... I do not see my 321 as a replacement for my professional moonwatches, I see it as an addition rather than a replacement...
All great points, T4S!
I can imagine that having just bought a Moonwatch, it's no surprise that the 321 didn't get your attention as much as it did this time around. They are very different, but it's just hard to justify buying watches every day... IMHO and as noted in my review, the long, C3 markers are one of the big pleasures of this reference, both by day & by night!

Enjoy it and please do keep sharing your thoughts with us all

Panerai 111 217 233
Rolex 16600 126600
Tudor 5B GMT
Zénith A386ME
Old 24 April 2022, 02:52 AM   #110
ratty
"TRF" Member

Well, over a full week into ownership now, and I don't want to take my watch off!

As some of you will know I was a bit sceptical of some people's observations on their 321, but I certainly 'get' them now!

I can't really say what I like so much about it but I do really like it. It is very comfortable and clear and easy to read. I can't think of anything negative about it. I feel very lucky because mine seems to have settled down and keeps very accurate time, neither loosing or gaining time when it's wound regularly.

I know that this watch is about double the price of a standard Moonwatch, but to me, it's worth it! Didn't think I would ever be typing that, but there you go!
Old 24 April 2022, 03:07 AM   #111
logo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Well, over a full week into ownership now, and I don't want to take my watch off!

As some of you will know I was a bit sceptical of some people's observations on their 321, but I certainly 'get' them now!

I can't really say what I like so much about it but I do really like it. It is very comfortable and clear and easy to read. I can't think of anything negative about it. I feel very lucky because mine seems to have settled down and keeps very accurate time, neither loosing or gaining time when it's wound regularly.

I know that this watch is about double the price of a standard Moonwatch, but to me, it's worth it! Didn't think I would ever be typing that, but there you go!
Despite how difficult the 321 is to get, I still think it is an absolute sleeper on the watch market given how good it is. Everything about it is perfect with the build quality exceeding Rolex tolerances imo.
Old 24 April 2022, 04:40 AM   #112
Tomek-
Banned

Watch: Rolex Batman
Nice post,amazing photos
Tomek- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 April 2022, 06:31 AM   #113
Stevec14
"TRF" Member

Watch: 321, Snoopy 3
Quote:

Ah ha - I told you!

For what it’s worth, I feel exactly the same a year on. I got rid of various speedies in my time, but this one has something about it that ticks every box. I wear it most days and if it wasn’t for water resistance, I don’t think I’d ever need another watch! Congrats again mate, and glad you are loving it.
Stevec14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9 May 2022, 06:35 AM   #114
Goose 104
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126622
A couple more shots from me. This watch is magnificent.
Old 9 May 2022, 08:46 PM   #115
1William
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
Nice picture.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 May 2022, 10:48 PM   #116
Travelller
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goose 104 View Post
A couple more shots from me. This watch is magnificent...
Nice shots & yes, I agree 110%

T4S
Panerai 111 217 233
Rolex 16600 126600
Tudor 5B GMT
Zénith A386ME
Old 11 May 2022, 12:08 PM   #117
Travelller
2024 Pledge Member