The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 12 December 2021, 05:57 AM   #1
only1swami
"TRF" Member

Icon11 Visited AP NYC & Vegas

Had a chance to swing by both in November

-----
NYC
-----

This was my second boutique after my local. Much bigger shop

On display from the current line up (which they said they can’t take out to try on as they’re exhibition only):

- Silver 15500
- ROC 38 white/blue
- RO 34mm Silver

I really wanted to try on the ROC for size but sadly could not…

There were at least 8 folks working there. I got in just after the boutique opened and there was a good amount of new folks showing up

I chatted with SJ on the sales side and introduced myself

Obviously they’re sold out of everything but he mentioned how NYC volume is just extreme and that there must be just a thousand folks who are personally his clients and all are still waiting for any piece

Now the most magical part of the visit is all the historic/grail pieces on display. Like a mini museum. It was a treat for anyone who loves time pieces

He mentioned AP House in meatpacking will open “soon” and that it is much more lifestyle and that this boutique will remain the main sales office

Overall great time. Sharing some pics below

----
Vegas
----

Absolute dog shit boutique. Entered and tried to have a convo...it seemed like a competition how soon can we send people out. Not a single time piece in sight as expected. I guess they are moving to new management so I expect the problems to be resolved

Surprisingly the best part in Vegas was visiting the Richard Mille boutique just next to AP. Had a 60 min convo, got to see 3 pieces (starting at 300k-1.25M) and try em on. Rolex was also a much more friendly experience with a good selection of watches to try on if one chooses to

---------

only1swami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 December 2021, 06:01 AM   #2
AG_Watches
"TRF" Member

Watch: 26331ST/116710BLNR
Visited AP NYC & Vegas

Quote:
Originally Posted by only1swami View Post
Had a chance to swing by both in November

-----
NYC
-----

This was my second boutique after my local. Much bigger shop

On display from the current line up (which they said they can’t take out to try on as they’re exhibition only):

- Silver 15500
- ROC 38 white/blue
- RO 34mm Silver

I really wanted to try on the ROC for size but sadly could not…

There were at least 8 folks working there. I got in just after the boutique opened and there was a good amount of new folks showing up

I chatted with SJ on the sales side and introduced myself

Obviously they’re sold out of everything but he mentioned how NYC volume is just extreme and that there must be just a thousand folks who are personally his clients and all are still waiting for any piece

Now the most magical part of the visit is all the historic/grail pieces on display. Like a mini museum. It was a treat for anyone who loves time pieces

He mentioned AP House in meatpacking will open “soon” and that it is much more lifestyle and that this boutique will remain the main sales office

Overall great time. Sharing some pics below

----
Vegas
----

Absolute dog shit boutique. Entered and tried to have a convo...it seemed like a competition how soon can we send people out. Not a single time piece in sight as expected. I guess they are moving to new management so I expect the problems to be resolved

Surprisingly the best part in Vegas was visiting the Richard Mille boutique just next to AP. Had a 60 min convo, got to see 3 pieces (starting at 300k-1.25M) and try em on. Rolex was also a much more friendly experience with a good selection of watches to try on if one chooses to

---------

Sharing some pics from NYC below!

I 100% agree with Vegas being dogshit.

I walked in wearing my AP quite clearly and existing customer and he literally tried to push me out of the door. He said hello and then promptly said nothing for sale cant help you and said nothing else to me. This was AP at Palazzo so different vegas boutique but same vibe.

I am visiting NYC in 2 weeks so will go check it out because these photos are awesome! Tons of history!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AG_Watches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 December 2021, 06:06 AM   #3
only1swami
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AG_Watches View Post
I 100% agree with Vegas being dogshit.

I walked in wearing my AP quite clearly and existing customer and he literally tried to push me out of the door. He said hello and then promptly said nothing for sale cant help you and said nothing else to me. This was AP at Palazzo so different vegas boutique but same vibe.

I am visiting NYC in 2 weeks so will go check it out because these photos are awesome! Tons of history!

ah didn't know there was something at Palazzo! would have went...next time :)
Old 12 December 2021, 07:26 AM   #4
brkn
"TRF" Member

these photos made me wish I checked out the NYC boutique when I was there a few months ago. I just assumed they had nothing and I didn't want to waste anyone's time as I wasn't trying to buy. (there was nothing on display outside for sure)
brkn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 December 2021, 11:39 AM   #5
SMD
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/PP
Quote:
Originally Posted by brkn View Post
these photos made me wish I checked out the NYC boutique when I was there a few months ago. I just assumed they had nothing and I didn't want to waste anyone's time as I wasn't trying to buy. (there was nothing on display outside for sure)
SJ is great. If you are long term committed you will get some nice pieces.
SMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 December 2021, 05:55 PM   #6
smallcollector
"TRF" Member

Vegas new mgmt? Are these current employees leaving?
smallcollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 December 2021, 12:28 AM   #7
brkn
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smd View Post
sj is great. If you are long term committed you will get some nice pieces.
sj?
brkn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 December 2021, 12:44 AM   #8
only1swami
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brkn View Post
sj?
he's one of the sales leads
Old 13 December 2021, 01:13 AM   #9
RaZCaL
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116500,116610,VCO
How hard is it to purchase a lady’s Royal Oak at the boutique nowadays? Are they just as difficult as the 15500? I was planning on making an appointment at this particular store to have my wife try some on, such as the 34mm. Is it pointless and I should go straight to the grey market?

Do they take deposits or is it a waitlist? Excuse my ignorance, new to AP.
RaZCaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 December 2021, 01:16 AM   #10
only1swami
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaZCaL View Post
How hard is it to purchase a lady’s Royal Oak at the boutique nowadays? Are they just as difficult as the 15500? I was planning on making an appointment at this particular store to have my wife try some on such as the 34mm. Is it pointless and I should go straight to the grey market?

Excuse my ignorance, new to AP.
https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=832224
Old 13 December 2021, 04:57 AM   #11
bmaier
"TRF" Member

Watch: 14790ba
the boutique manager at the NY location once said to me "I am AP. So if i tell you its not possible, its not possible."
AP at it again with the wonderful customer service!
bmaier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 December 2021, 08:30 AM   #12
VogelPhoenix
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmaier View Post
the boutique manager at the NY location once said to me "I am AP. So if i tell you its not possible, its not possible."
Story would be more enlightening if one also knew what the question was?
VogelPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 December 2021, 10:04 AM   #13
bmaier
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VogelPhoenix View Post
I asked about getting a particular watch. I think the question is quite irrelevant. What is relevant is the arrogant response "I am AP."
No you're not, you are quite literally an employee. Called another boutique- they took payment and delivered the piece 3 days later.
Old 13 December 2021, 01:08 PM   #14
icjewelry2
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex 16613lb
Wow look at all those amazing pieces

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
icjewelry2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 December 2021, 03:23 PM   #15
GreenLantern
"TRF" Member

The whole thing is one big joke.
GreenLantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 December 2021, 12:35 AM   #16
jaydav2306
"TRF" Member

8 members of staff and no stock what is the point honestly? They must be bored out of their minds
jaydav2306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 December 2021, 12:39 AM   #17
only1swami
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydav2306 View Post
8 members of staff and no stock what is the point honestly? They must be bored out of their minds

rest and vest like big tech baby lol
Old 16 December 2021, 08:50 AM   #18
PaulB330
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I asked about getting a particular watch. I think the question is quite irrelevant. What is relevant is the arrogant response "I am AP."
No you're not, you are quite literally an employee. Called another boutique- they took payment and delivered the piece 3 days later.
Sounds like the unfathomably dramatic and smug Assistant Boutique Manager, Khrys Bargaineer. Many higher end clients have had poor experiences with him driving them to build relationships with other boutiques or abandon the brand.
PaulB330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 December 2021, 10:11 AM   #19
macrowatch
"TRF" Member

Nice photos and write up!
macrowatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 December 2021, 10:22 AM   #20
bmaier
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulB330 View Post
Sounds like the unfathomably dramatic and smug Assistant Boutique Manager, Khrys Bargaineer. Many higher end clients have had poor experiences with him driving them to build relationships with other boutiques or abandon the brand.
Good to know that I'm not the only one treated poorly by that location.
Im on the brink of abandoning the brand myself. Ive loved AP since age 12 and i got my first piece last year at age 24 upon finally being able to afford one. Tried to get on "the list" for another piece this year and was given the run around by two different boutiques. How am i supposed to build a purchase history when you wont sell me a watch or even entertain the idea?
Old 16 December 2021, 10:27 AM   #21
GreenLantern
"TRF" Member

Why is it that people who have no idea how to properly do "Retail" are in retail?
Old 16 December 2021, 10:55 AM   #22
macrowatch
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
Why is it that people who have no idea how to properly do "Retail" are in retail?
And how do you feel when you walk into Home Depot? Lol.
macrowatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 December 2021, 12:00 PM   #23
GreenLantern
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by macrowatch View Post
Considering that every time I walk out of Home Depot, I have exactly what I wanted in hand... I feel pretty good about walking into Home Depot.

The "salespeople" there also know their stuff pretty well, and always help me find what I want. What I want is 99% of the time in stock, and there's a good selection of things to test out / play with to ensure that it's exactly what I need.

This is the polar opposite of what I get when I walk into most (if not all) AP boutiques.

Old 16 December 2021, 12:35 PM   #24
bmaier
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by macrowatch View Post
Maybe I'm alone here, but i expect more from salespeople that sell expensive luxury goods than I do from people working minimum wage (or close to it) selling wooden planks and toilets.
Old 16 December 2021, 12:39 PM   #25
GreenLantern
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Maybe I'm alone here, but i expect more from salespeople that sell expensive luxury goods than I do from people working minimum wage (or close to it) selling wooden planks and toilets.
I'm with you.

What's terrible is that I do get an infinitely better experience at Home Depot than at AP Boutiques.

When my ADs carried AP, I had a great experience (obviously, due to a multi-brand relationship). I miss those days.

Also, if you look up the senior staff at most AP boutiques in the US (on LinkedIn), most of them have been in those positions for 1-2 years max. All the highly experienced folks have long departed.
Old 16 December 2021, 12:49 PM   #26
VogelPhoenix
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Considering that every time I walk out of Home Depot, I have exactly what I wanted in hand... I feel pretty good about walking into Home Depot.

The "salespeople" there also know their stuff pretty well, and always help me find what I want. What I want is 99% of the time in stock, and there's a good selection of things to test out / play with to ensure that it's exactly what I need.
Best of all, they give discounts
VogelPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 December 2021, 01:23 PM   #27
GreenLantern
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Best of all, they give discounts
I remember when I got a sizable discount on a ROO Safari.

Those were the days. It was fun collecting back then.
Old 16 December 2021, 01:26 PM   #28
AG_Watches
"TRF" Member

Watch: 26331ST/116710BLNR
I remember walking into Wempe in NY in 2017 and being able to get new stickered 15400’s for 12,800$ 20-30% discounts.. I regret not buying what I wanted then, but then again who could of foreseen this insane demand increase when Nautilus or anything you really wanted was walk-in accessible.

Tiffany at Galleria in Dallas had a white dial 5711 tiffany stamped for 26800.. thats the one I regret the most 🥲

Service levels left with the demand.

Oh well you live and you learn and hindsight is always 20/20

AG_Watches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 December 2021, 01:28 PM   #29
GreenLantern
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AG_Watches View Post
I remember walking into Wempe in NY in 2017 and being able to get new stickered 15400’s for 12,800$ 20-30% discounts.. I regret not buying what I wanted then, but then again who could of foreseen this insane demand increase when Nautilus or anything you really wanted was walk-in accessible.

Tiffany at Galleria in Dallas had a white dial 5711 tiffany stamped for 26800.. thats the one I regret the most 🥲

Service levels left with the demand.

Oh well you live and you learn and hindsight is always 20/20
You're so right.

Once watches became just another alternative investment vehicle to crypto, customer service went out the door.

If you have to put in negative effort to sell something, customer service is one of the first things to go. You just don't need it anymore.

Such a shame.

The whole thing has become a joke. And the joke's on us all.
Old 18 December 2021, 04:23 PM   #30
PBJ1925
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 326934
Just stopped by the LV AP store. Zero in displays but had a great time chatting with the security guard and SA.

Richard Mille had zero interest in conversations and lead off with we have 2 pieces, there right there. If you want let me know otherwise we have nothing.
PBJ1925 is offline   Reply With Quote