The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 20 January 2022, 06:38 AM   #1
DaveTheWatchGuy
"TRF" Member

Finding a white dial for the new speedy sapphire model

Hi everyone,

My latest obsession is tracking down a silver speedy dial (ideally from the latest white gold model…see attached) and putting that on my latest speedy. How sweet would that look?!

I already got shutdown by the omega service centre in Canada, where I’m based. Which I expected.

Is this a crazy pipe dream? Anyone have any tips on acquiring this dial? Or have any older silver speedy dials that you’re looking to sell?
Let me know.

Appreciate your help!

Dave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DaveTheWatchGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2022, 08:36 AM   #2
Vittorio77
"TRF" Member

Watch: YM, Explo, Pelagos
Wonna white dial, buy one. Wonna frankewatch? What for? There are some white dial speedys out there so you can scratch your itch differently.
Btw ask if someone knows where to get snoopy 2&3 dials. Same stupid quest but more rewarding��
Vittorio77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2022, 08:46 AM   #3
David5807
"TRF" Member

I guess you could always try to source is Mitsutoshi dial. I think that would fit onto the new generation Speedie? Alternatively, just save up and buy the Canopus.
David5807 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2022, 08:57 AM   #4
DaveTheWatchGuy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vittorio77 View Post
Wonna white dial, buy one. Wonna frankewatch? What for? There are some white dial speedys out there so you can scratch your itch differently.
Btw ask if someone knows where to get snoopy 2&3 dials. Same stupid quest but more rewarding��

Having a bad day are we?

Old 20 January 2022, 08:59 AM   #5
DaveTheWatchGuy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by David5807 View Post
I guess you could always try to source is Mitsutoshi dial. I think that would fit onto the new generation Speedie? Alternatively, just save up and buy the Canopus.

Thanks for the tip! I’m going to ask my watchmaker friend about old dial compatibility with the newer speedies.

Old 21 January 2022, 11:04 AM   #6
vintage38
"TRF" Member

I like you thought process on the White dial. But think it's going to extremely tough and expensive sourcing out a white dial. I had a itch for a white dial speedmaster. I ended up picking up a couple Speedmaster Tokyo 2020's which are both favorites in the collection. They're not cheap but a third of the cost of the Canopus.
vintage38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2022, 01:38 PM   #7
zengineer
"TRF" Member

The Rhodium dial used on the 10th anniversary Apollo XI can be found on ebay and other sites. Not sure if it fits a newer Speedy.

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk
zengineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2022, 09:09 PM   #8
AEC
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Idiot Savant
A watchmaker with an Omega parts account might be able to get you the dial and hands from the current white gold Speedmaster Pro, so if that's the dial you want then you probably need to, um, dial (sorry) up bunches of Omega-authorized independent watchmakers and see if any of them can get the parts. Al Jensky at Archer Watches in Southern Ontario is a good example, and that's who I would start with because he's in your neighborhood.

Otherwise, I'm guessing there will be some "limited edition" variant of the current Speedmaster Pro that has a white dial in it at some future time, and perhaps the parts for those watches will be available if the parts from the white gold model aren't. One criticism of the Speedmaster Pro in the past has been the myriad of limited edition models Omega pumps out, and I don't see any reason that will change.
AEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 January 2022, 09:47 AM   #9
gnuyork
"TRF" Member

I love my black dial Speedmaster, but if they made a version of the 3861 with a silver dial in steel, I'd have a terrible time deciding. I'd most likely prefer the silver dial, and if I took the black, it would only be because it was the classic Speedmaster.

I really love the look of the Canopus gold one, but I would never spend $45K on a Speedmaster. At least not currently.
gnuyork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 January 2022, 11:21 AM   #10
DaveTheWatchGuy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zengineer View Post
The Rhodium dial used on the 10th anniversary Apollo XI can be found on ebay and other sites. Not sure if it fits a newer Speedy.

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

Old 26 January 2022, 11:22 AM   #11
DaveTheWatchGuy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintage38 View Post
I like you thought process on the White dial. But think it's going to extremely tough and expensive sourcing out a white dial. I had a itch for a white dial speedmaster. I ended up picking up a couple Speedmaster Tokyo 2020's which are both favorites in the collection. They're not cheap but a third of the cost of the Canopus.

I do love the new speedy, just looking for some added flexibility in swapping out the dials. Really like the Tokyo though!

Old 26 January 2022, 11:23 AM   #12
DaveTheWatchGuy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnuyork View Post
I love my black dial Speedmaster, but if they made a version of the 3861 with a silver dial in steel, I'd have a terrible time deciding. I'd most likely prefer the silver dial, and if I took the black, it would only be because it was the classic Speedmaster.

I really love the look of the Canopus gold one, but I would never spend $45K on a Speedmaster. At least not currently.

Me too!

Old 26 January 2022, 11:24 AM   #13
DaveTheWatchGuy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEC View Post
A watchmaker with an Omega parts account might be able to get you the dial and hands from the current white gold Speedmaster Pro, so if that's the dial you want then you probably need to, um, dial (sorry) up bunches of Omega-authorized independent watchmakers and see if any of them can get the parts. Al Jensky at Archer Watches in Southern Ontario is a good example, and that's who I would start with because he's in your neighborhood.

Otherwise, I'm guessing there will be some "limited edition" variant of the current Speedmaster Pro that has a white dial in it at some future time, and perhaps the parts for those watches will be available if the parts from the white gold model aren't. One criticism of the Speedmaster Pro in the past has been the myriad of limited edition models Omega pumps out, and I don't see any reason that will change.

Thanks for the info! I’ll reach out to those watchmakers