The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 23 April 2022, 10:36 PM   #31
JRell
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126610LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matc View Post
Thanks for all of the replies. The majority are so kind and respectful.

It’s great to see so many people new to the forum that have joined in the last 2 years tell me I’m clueless and otherwise denigrate me.

Gentlemen, I wish good luck and farewell. May the impending economic implosion bring you all that you deserve.
It has turned to speculators and investors that don’t want to admit their money will be flushed at some point. Ignore them - all the best to you.
Old 23 April 2022, 10:36 PM   #32
rolexpure
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricaneforce View Post
I'm new here also. This forum sometimes reminds me of Twitter when I was on it. I welcome different points of view. I would agree with OP as I just recieved a new Sub date this week after waiting exactly 1 month.
If you paid MSRP your fine.

These 20-30% corrections will be related to inflated gray market prices.

Pieces are trading at double or triple their MSRP. A 30%....heck even a 50% drop in prices is good for actual watch lovers.

If your actually in this hobby because you genuinely love watches these corrections wont matter to you anyway. So who cares if the flippers get burnt?
rolexpure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 April 2022, 10:56 PM   #33
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Watch: One of Not Many
Quote:
Gentlemen, I wish good luck and farewell. May the impending economic implosion bring you all that you deserve.
Like lots and lots of high end luxury jewelry that I can now afford since I am homeless and jobless? Thanks!
Vacheron Constantin Traditionnelle Complete Calendar, Glashutte PanoInverse, Glashutte SeaQ Panorama Date, Omega Aqua Terra 150, Omega CK 859, Omega Speedmaster 3861 Moonwatch, Glashutte Senator Exellence, Rolex 116710 GMT Master II BLNR, Breitling Superocean Steelfish, JLC Atmos Transparent
beshannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 April 2022, 11:23 PM   #34
Calatrava r
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex and Patek
Quote:
Originally Posted by majidessa View Post
Rolex produces 1 million watch a year every year, it is not a rare commodity, the main reasons for the high price are flipping and Grey market dealings. The current social media hype also fueled the demand but it wont last forever and one day only true enthusiasts will remain.

Prices will fall eventually and will be near retail for MOST models, it might be this year or in the next 5 eventually it will happen but it will be gradual.

Let us not forget that the retail prices of Rolex watches are already expensive as it is, and my guess is another official price increase will take place maybe early next year as the inflation has hit hard the whole world, and as such I don't think many people will have interest in buying watches if they cannot flip them for a good profit.
I frankly do not understand how flipping and gray markets drive up prices. The used market price is what it is, whatever people are willing to pay. It the customer/demand that sets the used market prices. The more watches put on the used market, the greater the supply which can only put downward pressure on used market prices, not increase them. It's because so few watches are actually resold quickly, relative to total Rolex output, that the used prices are where they are.
Calatrava r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 April 2022, 11:29 PM   #35
Calatrava r
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex and Patek
Quote:

It’s great to see so many people new to the forum that have joined in the last 2 years tell me I’m clueless and otherwise denigrate me.

Don't take any of this too seriously. Who knows where the markets will go. If we knew the future that we would all be wealthy. Its great people here have opinions, and just maybe, someone will turn out to right.
Calatrava r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 April 2022, 11:44 PM   #36
Brny11
"TRF" Member

This dumb thread once every few months, smh.
Brny11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 April 2022, 12:08 AM   #37
rolexpure
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brny11 View Post
This dumb thread once every few months, smh.
To be fair these threads are not that dumb.

To be informed about current market prices and movements is always a good thing when spending large amounts of money.

In fact its good to be informed about price and movements on ANY purchase in life really. Its just being financially educated, updated and savvy.

You wouldnt buy a car or a house without being up to date with markets and these days watches sometimes cost more than either.
rolexpure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 April 2022, 01:01 AM   #38
Brny11
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolexpure View Post

To be informed about current market prices and movements is always a good thing when spending large amounts of money.

In fact its good to be informed about price and movements on ANY purchase in life really. Its just being financially educated, updated and savvy.

You wouldnt buy a car or a house without being up to date with markets and these days watches sometimes cost more than either.

In the span of 10 threads scrolling there were “prices haven’t peaked, some other price thread and this one. My comment was based on the overwhelming count of posts that have nothing to do with Rolex and only speculation on prices.

You have been here since 2021, which is about a year after all since threads went away from Rolex information and appreciation to Rolex status and prices. Not judging you, or assuming your part of the instagram flock of new users this forum is painfully enduring, but if you were here prior, you’d understand.
Brny11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 April 2022, 01:05 AM   #39
Chester01
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610
Quote:
I’ve been seeing it, but haven’t posted.

Thank god. Maybe the market and this forum will return to being about the joy of ownership Vs investment.
Let’s not get ahead of ourselves. I’ll believe that when the models are available on walk on basis as they were about 2015 and earlier and could be had for a discount (though that may be going back to 2010 and earlier).
Chester01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 April 2022, 01:10 AM   #40
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Watch: One of Not Many
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolexpure View Post

Except the stated purpose of this forum used to be to discuss Rolex watches, not investment potential, shopping advice, relationship building, prices rising, prices falling, comic book names, avoiding tax and guessing about anything.

Being informed is one thing, looking at one website, one day and making a factual statement about what the market is doing is simply absurd.
Vacheron Constantin Traditionnelle Complete Calendar, Glashutte PanoInverse, Glashutte SeaQ Panorama Date, Omega Aqua Terra 150, Omega CK 859, Omega Speedmaster 3861 Moonwatch, Glashutte Senator Exellence, Rolex 116710 GMT Master II BLNR, Breitling Superocean Steelfish, JLC Atmos Transparent
beshannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 April 2022, 01:11 AM   #41
Krash
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Sub, DJ41, GMT
Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Krash is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24 April 2022, 01:15 AM   #42
macrowatch
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krash View Post
Lol

Lol, +1.

Why go long Rolex when money is worth 2.5% again!!! No need to enjoy these beauties on the wrist. Must more enjoyable to stare at the bank balance creep up every 30 days by such an astounding return.
macrowatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 April 2022, 01:17 AM   #43
Chris
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by beshannon View Post
Except the stated purpose of this forum used to be to discuss Rolex watches, not investment potential, shopping advice, relationship building, prices rising, prices falling, comic book names, avoiding tax and guessing about anything.

Being informed is one thing, looking at one website, one day and making a factual statement about what the market is doing is simply absurd.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 April 2022, 01:32 AM   #44
Bazil
"TRF" Member

Watch: Nicknames �
I’m new here and use forums for reference not Twitter style wars, I’ve been impressed with the replies I’ve received to questions no doubt been asked a thousand times ..
I can take it or leave it I’m too old (51) to argue over a watch or be offended by a different view to mine ..
I’d love to secure my first Rolex with my AD - think paying way over the odds for a watch bonkers to be honest but of course each to their own ..
I’m finding I’ve learned so much in a real short space of time, some of it is fascinating to see what drives people to part with their money on watches but I certainly see the appeal and obsession that can be had.
Bazil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 April 2022, 01:35 AM   #45
Majin Buu
"TRF" Member

Watch: Datejust now
Good

J.
Majin Buu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24 April 2022, 01:50 AM   #46
Dyim
"TRF" Member

We need an eating popcorn or hold my beer emoji.

Seriously, I don't know why people is so worked up over prices.

If you buy high, you should know you could be exposed if you ever have to sell when the market is down.

If you truly believe the price will go up forever, then don't worry about the price drop threads.

You can't control the market, which unfortunately is what buying Rolex has become. You are buying a commodity on the open market, if you don't have a relationship with an AD.
Dyim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 April 2022, 02:11 AM   #47
Kevin of Larchmont
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Ingersoll Mickey
Quote:

Ah friend, don’t give up so soon. In addition to the kabuki theater around here there’s still plenty left to teach and learn.
Kevin of Larchmont is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24 April 2022, 02:25 AM   #48
daveswordfish
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by majidessa View Post
Rolex produces 1 million watch a year every year, it is not a rare commodity, the main reasons for the high price are flipping and Grey market dealings. The current social media hype also fueled the demand but it wont last forever and one day only true enthusiasts will remain.

Prices will fall eventually and will be near retail for MOST models, it might be this year or in the next 5 eventually it will happen but it will be gradual.

Let us not forget that the retail prices of Rolex watches are already expensive as it is, and my guess is another official price increase will take place maybe early next year as the inflation has hit hard the whole world, and as such I don't think many people will have interest in buying watches if they cannot flip them for a good profit.

This….

daveswordfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 April 2022, 02:29 AM   #49
Mathematoxic
"TRF" Member

I’m hoping for the market to drop till I can get a 116508(not Green dial) at between 10% to 15% above MSRP. Will this day come? Really hope so
Mathematoxic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 April 2022, 02:44 AM   #50
Bmats
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

I’m just hoping that by the time the grey market reaches my comfort zone for a BLRO I still have a job, retirement fund, etc. a gentle glide sounds good to me. A Netflix price drop would make me worry we’ve got bigger problems than too expensive watches.

At least for me, I’d be a little more hesitant dropping $20k on a watch today than 6 months ago. (And I know BLROs still are above that price.)

Of course if this is all a temporary slide / stabilization and things stay the same or go up — well I’m happy with what I have anyway.
Bmats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 April 2022, 02:44 AM   #51
mikelprz
Banned

Watch: Rolex Batman
I wish things would go back to being able to buy from a grey market at a discount. The market is flooded with flippers that are asking ridiculous prices for beat up used watches.
I can understand the price increases from grey market dealers during this time period. However, not from non-watch enthusiasts private sellers asking for high prices on beat up wrecked watches.
It's just destroying the fun of the hobby.
mikelprz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 April 2022, 02:48 AM   #52
Lennxi
"TRF" Member

Watch: Hulk/Batman/Pepsi
Agree, with myself as an example. I would only buy one watch this year instead of 3 since just lost quite a bit in the stock market.
Lennxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 April 2022, 02:49 AM   #53
Bomber A
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Thank god. Maybe the market and this forum will return to being about the joy of ownership Vs investment.

I hope so too! Many people buying then worrying about what their watch is worth down the road. If you really bought a watch to wear and enjoy, the resale on it shouldn't matter, unless it was a investment from the start, and the end goal was to sell it.
Bomber A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 April 2022, 03:09 AM   #54
LVx2
Banned

Quote:

"TRF" Member

Watch: SS Blk Daytona
SS Daytona found! Crazy price?

Interesting comment from someone with multiple price threads, all the way back to 2008, lol
LVx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 April 2022, 03:13 AM   #55
JParm
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Yes!
Who cares, unless you're flipping or buying for investment purposes (which is dumb, in my opinion).

Buy what you like and wear it!
Old 24 April 2022, 03:33 AM   #56
rolex16
Banned

The reason true watch lovers care is because they cannot buy a mass produced product they like at MSRP because of greedy people taking advantage. It is infuriating to have to wait years for something at MSRP that used to be readily available while seeing the same watches marked up hundreds of percent and well stocked at greys, etc. I have wanted a BLNR for over a year and have been waiting. I could buy at more than 2x MSRP and have it tomorrow, but I would feel like I was fleeced and refuse. So for me, it's not about value/$/etc., but about availability to buy what I like without being gouged. It is the same game with sneakers, etc. I find it to be a major turnoff, and I refuse to participate. I also find it a turn off that so many on this forum defend this as capitalism, simple supply and demand, call people who complain about this entitled, etc. It is greed, plain and simple, that is causing artificial/manufactured shortages in supply, while the pump and dump youtubers/posters create FOMO demand. If you truly love watches, it is no longer fun.

I am waiting on two watches from my AD, one of which is my exit watch. I check in here to see if there seems to be any progress in inventory, etc. but will likely stop visiting watch forums and move on once I get these two pieces. I feel the joy has been totally sucked out of the hobby.
rolex16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 April 2022, 03:42 AM   #57
mikelprz
Banned

Watch: Rolex Batman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomber A View Post
I hope so too! Many people buying then worrying about what their watch is worth down the road. If you really bought a watch to wear and enjoy, the resale on it shouldn't matter, unless it was a investment from the start, and the end goal was to sell it.
mikelprz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 April 2022, 03:46 AM   #58
CarlOver
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolex16 View Post
The reason true watch lovers care is because they cannot buy a mass produced product they like at MSRP because of greedy people taking advantage. It is infuriating to have to wait years for something at MSRP that used to be readily available while seeing the same watches marked up hundreds of percent and well stocked at greys, etc. I have wanted a BLNR for over a year and have been waiting. I could buy at more than 2x MSRP and have it tomorrow, but I would feel like I was fleeced and refuse. So for me, it's not about value/$/etc., but about availability to buy what I like without being gouged. It is the same game with sneakers, etc. I find it to be a major turnoff, and I refuse to participate. I also find it a turn off that so many on this forum defend this as capitalism, simple supply and demand, call people who complain about this entitled, etc. It is greed, plain and simple, that is causing artificial/manufactured shortages in supply, while the pump and dump youtubers/posters create FOMO demand. If you truly love watches, it is no longer fun.

I am waiting on two watches from my AD, one of which is my exit watch. I check in here to see if there seems to be any progress in inventory, etc. but will likely stop visiting watch forums and move on once I get these two pieces. I feel the joy has been totally sucked out of the hobby.

Your view is consistent with many of the forum members views. Wish eveyone the best!
CarlOver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 April 2022, 03:57 AM   #59
rmwill
2024 Pledge Member

You think being an enthusiast entitles you to an MSRP watch? It is very simple, you are unwilling to pay market price for an in demand luxury good. No need to be salty about it. I would love to buy a 911 at MSRP, but I recognize I am not ENTITLED to one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolex16 View Post

Attached Images
File Type: jpeg Veruca.jpeg (77.2 KB, 465 views)
Rolex Explorer II 226570 Polar
Omega Moonwatch Sapphire Sandwich
Panerai PAM00111

2 Factor Authentication
rmwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 April 2022, 04:06 AM   #60
rolex16
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmwill View Post
You think being an enthusiast entitles you to an MSRP watch? It is very simple, you are unwilling to pay market price for an in demand luxury good. No need to be salty about it. I would love to buy a 911 at MSRP, but I recognize I am not ENTITLED to one.
I think I am entitled to buy a mass-produced product at MSRP in a reasonable timeframe without being price gouged. Clearly, you think it is OK to hoover up all supply and overcharge people while "influencing" with posts and videos.

Go ahead and keep posting that meme and belittling and gaslighting people.
rolex16 is offline   Reply With Quote