The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Old 18 July 2020, 11:35 AM   #451
jamestucker
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loco-993 View Post
So I picked up the 6007 - it’s a big watch in the flesh!
Congrats and enjoy
jamestucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 July 2020, 04:06 AM   #452
GreatCircle
"TRF" Member

Nice watch but I still prefer the quit similar looking announced JLC Memovox timer. Half the price, limited to only 250 pieces and a pretty cool useful mechanical alarm complication.
GreatCircle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 July 2020, 08:36 PM   #453
Nav01L
"TRF" Member

It’s funny how no one seems to like the 6006, which is a more special watch objectively (better movement, gold case, etc.) but everyone seems to love this one for it’s hype friendly features (steel case, blue dial, limited Patek), when they’re not that different in terms of looks. I personally like both, but remain more inclined towards the 6006, for its added quirks. Also, It’s not like I was in any position to be allocated a 6007 upon launch anyway. So this entire question was purely theoretical to begin with.

What I really don’t like is this habit they’re starting of printing stuff onto caseback crystals... that’s just not for me.

Remember, the dignity you surrender at your AD‘s doorstep will never be recovered by wearing the watch he may get you.
Nav01L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 July 2020, 08:47 PM   #454
Sportsnerdy
"TRF" Member

Saw it in the flesh and really digging this watch. Sadly I am not a VIP for Patek.
Sportsnerdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 July 2020, 04:35 PM   #455
GreatCircle
"TRF" Member

Quit an interesting review! His comments about the engraving on the back are actually spot on and really makes you wonder...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1_SkShSSrU
Old 20 July 2020, 05:24 PM   #456
Russell996
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatCircle View Post
Quit an interesting review! His comments about the engraving on the back are actually spot on and really makes you wonder...

I rather like the engraving on the back, I don't have another Patek with anything written on the back and whereas most limited edition/commemorative pieces have a solid back with engraving at least the movement is still visible in this case. The strap is also lovely. With regards to the date of 2019, what seems to be being missed is that the piece is a 2020 release to commemorate the full opening of the facility in 2020 - the date reflects when the facility first opened for production but the piece is a celebration and commemoration of the factory being completed in 2020.
Russell996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 July 2020, 06:01 PM   #457
myporsche
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex♠Lange
Quote:

I actually saw this review as well few days ago it was well done and pretty spot on.
myporsche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 July 2020, 06:01 PM   #458
myporsche
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Nice watch but I still prefer the quit similar looking announced JLC Memovox timer. Half the price, limited to only 250 pieces and a pretty cool useful mechanical alarm complication.
It's wouldn't be a unrealistic proposition and not a bad alternative at all, nice one.
Old 20 July 2020, 06:06 PM   #459
myporsche
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nav01L View Post
It’s funny how no one seems to like the 6006, which is a more special watch objectively (better movement, gold case, etc.) but everyone seems to love this one for it’s hype friendly features (steel case, blue dial, limited Patek), when they’re not that different in terms of looks. I personally like both, but remain more inclined towards the 6006, for its added quirks. Also, It’s not like I was in any position to be allocated a 6007 upon launch anyway. So this entire question was purely theoretical to begin with.

What I really don’t like is this habit they’re starting of printing stuff onto caseback crystals... that’s just not for me.
It is quirky and unique and has history and some lineage to it. Loved uniqueness with the black and white dial and piano look, sticking out in a pretty sterile Calatrava line plus it has the upped movement with the micro rotor.

It IS hard to read though and has some extra case presence on the front with the bezel if you like that Patek style casing, I like cases with more open dials more. It can be sporty but the shiny strap gets it back to formal, it's a little all over the place which can be good or bad. I was close a few times to getting one (for deep discount) but ultimately passed, still think about it here are there, not 100% over it, and would definitely pick it over the 6007.
Old 22 July 2020, 06:12 AM   #460
GreatCircle
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell996 View Post
I rather like the engraving on the back, I don't have another Patek with anything written on the back and whereas most limited edition/commemorative pieces have a solid back with engraving at least the movement is still visible in this case. The strap is also lovely. With regards to the date of 2019, what seems to be being missed is that the piece is a 2020 release to commemorate the full opening of the facility in 2020 - the date reflects when the facility first opened for production but the piece is a celebration and commemoration of the factory being completed in 2020.
They just should have engraved 2020 and nobody ever needed no less then five lines to explain the 2019 .....
Old 22 July 2020, 06:40 AM   #461
ts3
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by myporsche View Post
It is quirky and unique and has history and some lineage to it. Loved uniqueness with the black and white dial and piano look, sticking out in a pretty sterile Calatrava line plus it has the upped movement with the micro rotor.

It IS hard to read though and has some extra case presence on the front with the bezel if you like that Patek style casing, I like cases with more open dials more. It can be sporty but the shiny strap gets it back to formal, it's a little all over the place which can be good or bad. I was close a few times to getting one (for deep discount) but ultimately passed, still think about it here are there, not 100% over it, and would definitely pick it over the 6007.
I am in a similar boat and keep coming back to the 5000 and 6000. If the 5000G wasn't rhodium plated I would have pulled the trigger a long time ago as I like everything else about it and don't mind wearing a small dress watch now and then. I am a little less sure about the 6000 because of the date track but I do prefer the 6000G blue over the 6007. IIRC the blue dial 6000G-012 was only available in 2015 and 16 and should be quite rare as well.
ts3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 July 2020, 08:38 AM   #462
bob101
"TRF" Member

In all honest no one would be fussing over such a watch if it wasn’t a limited edition. Is it nice? Yeah it’s alright. Would I buy it at that price? Nope I’d rather have a 5196 or used 3940 :)
bob101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 July 2020, 07:21 AM   #463
Loco-993
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob101 View Post
In all honest no one would be fussing over such a watch if it wasn’t a limited edition. Is it nice? Yeah it’s alright. Would I buy it at that price? Nope I’d rather have a 5196 or used 3940 :)
As someone who has been lucky enough to get an allocation and subsequently bought the watch, I think your point is a fair one.
I would say that the people that are were allocated this watch own numerous s Pateks so having something different in their collection is an attractive proposition. It is certainly different! I think it may develop a following as a result as it definitely grows on you!
Loco-993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 July 2020, 11:42 AM   #464
321Forever
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: SD43
Quote:
As someone who has been lucky enough to get an allocation and subsequently bought the watch, I think your point is a fair one.
I would say that the people that are were allocated this watch own numerous s Pateks so having something different in their collection is an attractive proposition. It is certainly different! I think it may develop a following as a result as it definitely grows on you!
In that context, and only that context, it makes sense. Otherwise, it's a completely dull watch with a messy set of features jumbled together. The 5522 makes a lot more sense as an LE. This one, it looks like something from the LV shop with the harlequin/daumier dial. I'd be really bummed if this was designed as a wide release. One wonders if the next wide release new model will be slightly more interesting. Being Patek, one does not raise their expectations too high.
321Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 July 2020, 03:22 PM   #465
Russell996
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakemeister View Post
In that context, and only that context, it makes sense. Otherwise, it's a completely dull watch with a messy set of features jumbled together. The 5522 makes a lot more sense as an LE. This one, it looks like something from the LV shop with the harlequin/daumier dial. I'd be really bummed if this was designed as a wide release. One wonders if the next wide release new model will be slightly more interesting. Being Patek, one does not raise their expectations too high.
Have you handled the piece?
Old 24 July 2020, 05:59 PM   #466
Pim
Banned

Quote:
If you want to compare, then take the other JLC Limited

Shows you that also JLC is lazy...

Still would favor the PP
Pim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 July 2020, 06:06 AM   #467
DC116710LN
"TRF" Member

I was lukewarm on the piece at first but the wrist shots and the photographs in the swisswatches magazine article (link sent earlier in the thread) have made me a supporter. Congrats to all who were lucky enough to get one!
DC116710LN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26 July 2020, 04:32 AM   #468
Loco-993
"TRF" Member

So what’s the opinion on the 5208T... shares a fair amount of design similarities.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 2E29B49F-5A36-4875-A9E8-B56E9AD35A6B.jpeg (153.7 KB, 521 views)
Loco-993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 July 2020, 11:04 AM   #469
Pateklvr
"TRF" Member

Love my 6007A
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 736B0E1E-A58B-48FB-A83D-2DF1B9C8298D.jpeg (103.4 KB, 461 views)
Pateklvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 July 2020, 11:23 AM   #470
jcoltrane
"TRF" Member

Quote:
So what’s the opinion on the 5208T... shares a fair amount of design similarities.
That partially the reason I bought the 6007A, I knew that's as close as I was ever going to get to the 5208T
jcoltrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 July 2020, 02:24 PM   #471
jamestucker
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pateklvr View Post
Love my 6007A
Congrats
Old 4 August 2020, 08:56 PM   #472
Ichiran
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Mostly blue dials
There is now hope for the mortals - a piece is available in C24 for 89k!
Ichiran is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4 August 2020, 09:18 PM   #473
liljctl
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichiran View Post
Stay away. Lol

The listing photos looks like a screenshot.

Sent from my SM-G985F using Tapatalk
liljctl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 August 2020, 12:53 AM   #474
Ichiran
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Mostly blue dials
Quote:
Originally Posted by liljctl View Post
Stay away. Lol

The listing photos looks like a screenshot.

Fret not, there's a 2nd piece at just 82k.

When it rains it pours.
Ichiran is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6 August 2020, 02:34 AM   #475
Pim
Banned

I hope that Patek buys these watches and blacklists the original buyers
Pim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 August 2020, 02:45 AM   #476
Russell996
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pim View Post
I hope that Patek buys these watches and blacklists the original buyers
They might just do that.
Old 6 August 2020, 04:47 AM   #477
eiesh
"TRF" Member

Quote:

When it rains it pours.

“She like the way I (err)
Mike Amiri, Mike Amiri
Billie Jean, Billie Jean (uh)
Christian Dior, Dior
I'm up in all the stores
When it rains, it pours
She like the way I (err)”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
eiesh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6 August 2020, 09:05 PM   #478
liljctl
"TRF" Member

Quote:

When it rains it pours.
Both sold.
Damn.

liljctl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 August 2020, 03:50 PM   #479
jamestucker
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Quote:

When it rains it pours.
Quote:
Originally Posted by liljctl View Post
Both sold.
Damn.

2 pieces from the same 2 Italian dealers have reappeared on Chrono 24 and this time both have a lower asking price which is the same for both pieces. I and sure we can figure out what happened! There is another dealer from Hong Kong with an even lower asking price. I don't think these watches are selling at the asking premium. Nice watch but not worth the premium.
Old 8 August 2020, 03:54 PM   #480
jamestucker
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell996 View Post
They might just do that.
Some say Anna Nicole Smith married for love