The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 19 September 2006, 10:57 PM   #1
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
New Ferrari Panerai.

I suppose that if you have to have a corporate logo on a watch dial, you could do far worse than have the name Ferrari!.But they will be sold apparently at the Panerai Boutiques,and they do a 3 register chrono as well.

Quote:
New Ferrari watches engineered by Officine Panerai, the renowned Italian manufacturers of premium watches, were displayed during a press presentation in Dubai, UAE on September 5 and 6, 2006. Both brands represent technological skills in a quintessential Italian tradition.

To nurture unique excellence of Ferrari, the celebrated producer of luxury Italian cars, Panerai was chosen to create a new watch collection through a deep study of the former’s culture, cars, workmanship and reputation. The Ferrari engineered by Officine Panerai timepieces have been conceived with the highest quality and reliability prerequisites. The appearance of the Ferrari watches is strongly influenced by the aesthetical, contoured lines of a Ferrari, in a continuous cross reference between the watch and the details of the engine and bodywork.

“The watch, bearing the brand Ferrari needs to reflect a unique excellence. We are pleased to launch this precious collection in the world and to bring these timepieces to the Middle East,” said Romain Le Chevallier, Brand Manager of Officine Panerai, speaking on the occasion.

The two collections Granturismo and Scuderia on display stood out with their sporty look and simultaneously the modem technology incorporated in the models presented. Both models define the stylistic code of the Ferrari design and their sporty character.

Officials from Ahmed Seddiqi & Sons and Al Manara Jewellery, UAE retail partners and other special invitees were present for this presentation ceremony.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19 September 2006, 11:07 PM   #2
Atomic

You know... I like the concept and the corporate marriage, but i'm torn on the Ferrari models. I like the look of the split second chrono much better (black dial) but still...

IMHO you should only wear one if you have a Ferrari and if you have a Ferrari and wear the watch, it'll look too stoopid.

Over branding makes you look silly, but that's my opinion.
Old 19 September 2006, 11:50 PM   #3
hutchman
"TRF" Member

Watch: All things Patek
They do absolutely nothing for me and I love Panerai as much as anyone!

Warren Buffett
hutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 September 2006, 03:22 AM   #4
madformac
"TRF" Member

As much as I love Panerai right now. I hate Ferrari just as much.

Their arrogance and public behaviour lately, especially in F1 means that no matter how good the road cars (the F430 is amazing in every department except maybe looks) if I was in the position and looking for a sports car I would not be looking at Ferrari.

Give me the emotional and passionate Ferrari that made unreliable cars over the cold clinical and reliable modern company any day. They have no character anymore...
madformac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 September 2006, 03:42 AM   #5
Atomic

Quote:
Originally Posted by madformac View Post
As much as I love Panerai right now. I hate Ferrari just as much.

Their arrogance and public behaviour lately, especially in F1 means that no matter how good the road cars (the F430 is amazing in every department except maybe looks) if I was in the position and looking for a sports car I would not be looking at Ferrari.

Give me the emotional and passionate Ferrari that made unreliable cars over the cold clinical and reliable modern company any day. They have no character anymore...
Now, now... I hate Ferrari F1 as much as you... but the road cars are still every bit as unreliable as ever and all the more reason to love them.

If my lotto numbers came up I'd be jumping all over an F430 spyder. But as for cheering for their F1 team... no way, Jose.
Old 20 September 2006, 04:43 AM   #6
mamas
"TRF" Member

i think wearing a branded watch is really sad...wouldnt be seen dead with a ferari watch whether it be omega/ panerai / rolex etc ..too cheesy.
mamas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 September 2006, 04:54 AM   #7
Goodwatch
"TRF" Member

Watch: the sunrise...
I don't hate Ferrari and with the latest models they are on the right track again. Not raw suicide machines like Koenigseggs or Pagani Zondas but still well designed cars. (As if I ever could buy one, duh ). But tribute watches...... I don't know. There also is a Ferrari after shave, very cheesy. Then again, there is also the Breitling Bentley which I also don't like very much. But when some of you bored millionaires would like to mail his Panerai Ferrari to me, PM me for my address
Goodwatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 September 2006, 04:55 AM   #8
Launch Mini
"TRF" Member

Watch: can I?
They do not do much for me either.
Once I see one in the flesh, I might be able to appreciate them more.
BUT, I don't like walkind around advertising for these big corps either.

Member # 293
Launch Mini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 September 2006, 05:19 AM   #9
SWOS

i hate ferrari stuff like watches or perfumes ... or whatever..
SWOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 September 2006, 08:05 AM   #10
----

That watch does not appeal to me at all. In fact not a fan of this sort of thing on a watch.
Old 20 September 2006, 08:37 AM   #11
madformac
"TRF" Member

Its not a major surprise I suppose. Omega have the 007 Bond watch (have you seen the latest "tribute" model ?!?!?), Breitling and Bentley, IWC and Miami Vice..

At least the Rolex association with Comex is legitimate.. Even if the Dominos Pizza watches are probably not..
madformac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 September 2006, 02:39 PM   #12
dman
Lifetime TRF Patron

Watch: the road
I have seen one in person, and will see the rest this Thursday at a party and new model viewing that Panerai is hosting here in Dallas.

These watches don't say Panerai anywhere but on the caseback, much different then when GP had the contract with them.

I actually really like the GMT model, it looks great. Not that I would ever buy one, but I was surprised how great it looked in the flesh.

I really hope that midget cop doesn't find me in Kokomo.
dman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 September 2006, 10:47 PM   #13
Atomic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman View Post
I have seen one in person, and will see the rest this Thursday at a party and new model viewing that Panerai is hosting here in Dallas.

These watches don't say Panerai anywhere but on the caseback, much different then when GP had the contract with them.

I actually really like the GMT model, it looks great. Not that I would ever buy one, but I was surprised how great it looked in the flesh.
There's no question they are beautiful watches and I also appreciate that the only place Panerai is branded is on the caseback and on the inside of the display box. As I said, the flyback chrono is a stunner...

But I just wouldn't wear one. A little over the top for my tastes.
Old 22 September 2006, 07:10 AM   #14
dman
Lifetime TRF Patron

Watch: the road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic View Post
There's no question they are beautiful watches and I also appreciate that the only place Panerai is branded is on the caseback and on the inside of the display box. As I said, the flyback chrono is a stunner...

But I just wouldn't wear one. A little over the top for my tastes.

I really hope that midget cop doesn't find me in Kokomo.
dman is offline   Reply With Quote