The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Panerai Discussion Forum

Old 23 October 2006, 01:28 PM   #1
djemmtee
"TRF" Member

Watch: LV Sub
anyone have the 2006-07 panerai pricing list?

im looking to see if any of you pam guys have the list handy.

thanks

mike

Instagram: rolexfan69
djemmtee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 October 2006, 01:36 PM   #2
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Watch: ALL SOLD!!
I'm still waiting for my 2006 Rolex price list from my AD!!

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
JJ Irani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 October 2006, 03:57 PM   #3
djemmtee
"TRF" Member

19000 already? dang u have alot of posts

Old 23 October 2006, 04:10 PM   #4
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Quote:
Originally Posted by djemmtee View Post
19000 already? dang u have alot of posts
Thanks, Mike!!

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
Old 23 October 2006, 06:20 PM   #5
mike
"TRF" Member

Mike, I've got a 2006 if there's a particular model you're interested in.
mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 October 2006, 05:34 AM   #6
djemmtee
"TRF" Member

well im still researching panny's but i really like the gmt model 88 i think it is, i saw it with the black straps.....that thing is to die for, but have no idea what it costs.....are pannys more than rollies ?

Old 24 October 2006, 05:47 AM   #7
Launch Mini
"TRF" Member

Watch: can I?
Depends on the model. I have a 2005 price list at home, I can scan and email to you. the prices have increased slightly, but it would give you an idea of the various models.
pm me your email and I can send that to you.

Member # 293
Launch Mini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 October 2006, 05:50 AM   #8
Atomic

Quote:
well im still researching panny's but i really like the gmt model 88 i think it is, i saw it with the black straps.....that thing is to die for, but have no idea what it costs.....are pannys more than rollies ?
I believe a new PAM88 is about US$5100. To price compare against Rolex isn't really feasible since the watches are about as similar as Jessica Alba and Rosanne Barr.

Generally speaking the historic models are priced lower than say the SS sports models and go up from there.
Old 24 October 2006, 06:14 AM   #9
RogerF
"TRF" Member

Watch: a gonna do?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic View Post
I believe a new PAM88 is about US$5100. To price compare against Rolex isn't really feasible since the watches are about as similar as Jessica Alba and Rosanne Barr.

Generally speaking the historic models are priced lower than say the SS sports models and go up from there.

I like my tiny Jessica Alba, you can have your big Roseanne

but then again that PAM 50 is a very sleek little number (LOVE THAT BRACELET!!!!!). I know I know, Dman is going to say its the perfect size............for his wife
RogerF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 October 2006, 08:25 AM   #10
mike
"TRF" Member

Quote:
My price list--May 1, 2006 shows the PAM 88 at $5100.
Old 24 October 2006, 12:08 PM   #11
djemmtee
"TRF" Member

nice, they have a op store in beverly hills...is that a rare model? am i out of line if i ask for discount?

Old 24 October 2006, 04:46 PM   #12
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Quote:
nice, they have a op store in beverly hills...is that a rare model? am i out of line if i ask for discount?
A customer is NEVER out of line to ask for a discount, Mike!!

Old 24 October 2006, 04:54 PM   #13
amanda
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ Irani View Post
A customer is NEVER out of line to ask for a discount, Mike!!
Yeh thats right, they might laugh at you but that doesnt mean you are out of line
amanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 October 2006, 04:55 PM   #14
amanda
Banned

Ok.. whilst the pannie price list is out.. whats a PAM 48 and 49 worth and a 112 and 111... oh thanks soooo much! I am saving up already for another one.... dont worry i do really lurve my GMT! The GMT is a total spunk!
Old 24 October 2006, 04:57 PM   #15
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda View Post
Ok.. whilst the pannie price list is out.. whats a PAM 48 and 49 worth and a 112 and 111... oh thanks soooo much! I am saving up already for another one.... dont worry i do really lurve my GMT! The GMT is a total spunk!
Yes, we gathered that.....you do sound so very excited, Amanda!!

Old 24 October 2006, 06:19 PM   #16
mike
"TRF" Member

Quote:
48--$4,200
49--$4,200
112--$3,650
111--$3,950 All USD
Old 24 October 2006, 08:18 PM   #17
amanda
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike View Post
48--$4,200
49--$4,200
112--$3,650
111--$3,950 All USD
Thanks Mike. I just wanted a starting point price wise, I am off to Hong Kong early next year... hoping to come back with a Pannie (I'll have to send my other half off to watch some martial arts type thing and then do a quick runner to watch shop ) In aussie $ they want $6000 for a 48... OUCHeeee Mamma and with only 1 AD that has Panerai in Melbourne (only 2 ADs in the entire country thats sells Panerai and they are a franchise) forget getting any kind of deal done
Old 24 October 2006, 09:44 PM   #18
hutchman
"TRF" Member

Watch: All things Patek
Quote:
The BH Boutique is a corporate store and doesn't discount however you may get an extra strap or two. Most AD's don't discount much either and usually require a waiting list for most watches. Don't expect to walk in and find exactly what you're looking for. I was at the BH Boutique three weeks ago to find a total of five watches in stock mostly 40mm's and some gold pieces.

Warren Buffett
hutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 October 2006, 04:18 AM   #19
djemmtee
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hutchman View Post
The BH Boutique is a corporate store and doesn't discount however you may get an extra strap or two. Most AD's don't discount much either and usually require a waiting list for most watches. Don't expect to walk in and find exactly what you're looking for. I was at the BH Boutique three weeks ago to find a total of five watches in stock mostly 40mm's and some gold pieces.

wow at a corp store the selection is limited as well?

Old 25 October 2006, 04:39 AM   #20
Atomic

Quote:
wow at a corp store the selection is limited as well?
Yeah, but they have an extensive strap selection.
Old 25 October 2006, 04:47 AM   #21
hutchman
"TRF" Member

Watch: All things Patek
Quote:
Very true and I was given three excellent hard cover Panerai history books as well.

Warren Buffett
hutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 October 2006, 06:55 AM   #22
djemmtee
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hutchman View Post
Very true and I was given three excellent hard cover Panerai history books as well.

nice....im gonna call them.

Old 25 October 2006, 07:53 AM   #23
Otis
"TRF" Member

Watch: Omega x 2
What's the story with ordering direct from Florenze? Is that able to be done?

Amanda, did you happen to get some prices for the 112 /111 from your dealers in Melb?
Old 25 October 2006, 10:51 AM   #24
amanda
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otis View Post
Amanda, did you happen to get some prices for the 112 /111 from your dealers in Melb?
Yep, these prices came from The Hour Glass in Melb, the only Panerai AD down here. They also have the Syd store too. I popped in for a look last week and they had 6 Panerai's... all very expensive ones!

PAM 00111 AUD$5,700.00
PAM 00112 AUD$5,200.00
PAM 00048 AUD$6,000.00

From my preliminary investigations, another Melbournian I found on another Forum had a brand new 112 shipped over via FedEx for $4400 so I think on these babies... buying OS will be more successful and cheaper.

From the attitude I got from one of the sales guys at The Hour Glass for not buying my Rolex from them (how stupid of me for wanting to save $3400 off new price) I wont be purchasing a Panerai from them either!
Old 25 October 2006, 11:50 AM   #25
Otis
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Yep, these prices came from The Hour Glass in Melb, the only Panerai AD down here. They also have the Syd store too. I popped in for a look last week and they had 6 Panerai's... all very expensive ones!

PAM 00111 AUD$5,700.00
PAM 00112 AUD$5,200.00
PAM 00048 AUD$6,000.00

From my preliminary investigations, another Melbournian I found on another Forum had a brand new 112 shipped over via FedEx for $4400 so I think on these babies... buying OS will be more successful and cheaper.

From the attitude I got from one of the sales guys at The Hour Glass for not buying my Rolex from them (how stupid of me for wanting to save $3400 off new price) I wont be purchasing a Panerai from them either!
Thank you
Yeeouch, it does look like buying from OS is better.
I would've thought that they'd be in the high 4's BNIB here, but oh well....

I believe that the extra stuff added on by our friends at customs here is 10% GST and a flat rate of 5% duty on watches, if you buy OS and have it shipped in. Where did he have it shipped from?
Old 25 October 2006, 12:00 PM   #26
Arthur Daley
"TRF" Member

Panerai discounting...

I bought a PAM88 a little over 6 months ago from a local AD in Houston. There was no wait list - in fact they happened to have exactly the model in stock when I walked in (very unusual). The did state that they could get a hold of one "pretty quickly" (read: within 4-6 weeks) if a buyer is seriously interested. Their allocation from Panerai is apparently unpredictable (Panerai ships what they please), but higher volume dealers have the ability to nudge sought after pieces to the top of the shipping list, if they want to. It's work on their part, but it's possible. Moral: find an AD who's willing to help/work for the sale. Many are not.

Re: discounts, Panerai AD's are a bit like Rolex AD's. They don't really need to discount, so they choose not to. I negotiated weakly and saved the sales tax (~5% saving). Most get no discount. Some get 5%. I've heard of 10% but think that's unlikely. If the AD doesn't want to discount, ask for a couple of extra straps. They're $200-300 a piece, and can always be resold if you don't like them. Paneristi.com is the place to hang out if you're serious about the watch. I love mine. Solid as a rock, and it seems to get better looking over time. The only issue is that its size and high polish attracts scratches and dings VERY easily, which I don't mind all that much. Oh yeah, and all your other watches will feel girly when you finally take off the Panerai. Oh yeah - and make absolutely sure you get a 44mm version. I've yet to meet a 40mm owner who didn't regret going "small", after a couple of weeks.

I'll also trade dealer references if you're interested. Maybe you can share the name of your local AD who'd be willing to help me with a new Rolex SD purchase, and I can share the name of my helpful Panerai AD....
Arthur Daley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 October 2006, 02:41 PM   #27
knowledge
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD & GMT IIc
Arthur, I think we have similar taste. I currently own the SD and must say I very pleased with the watch. I got my SD a year ago a paid $4000. I have recently been bit by the Panerai bug. I am currently researching the PAM 88. I absolutely love the 88, but I think it is a little too pricey.
knowledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 October 2006, 04:00 PM   #28
amanda
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otis View Post
Where did he have it shipped from?
I think (not entirely sure tho) that it was from Hong Kong or Singapore, somewhere in that region.

I am getting an invite to the panerai night at the local AD here in Melb, I think its in mid Nov.. so I'll have a sticky beak and see what I think after that. I might change my mind (my bank balance can only be so wishful) about wanting one... but I doubt it!
Old 25 October 2006, 04:04 PM   #29
Otis
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I think (not entirely sure tho) that it was from Hong Kong or Singapore, somewhere in that region.

I am getting an invite to the panerai night at the local AD here in Melb, I think its in mid Nov.. so I'll have a sticky beak and see what I think after that. I might change my mind (my bank balance can only be so wishful) about wanting one... but I doubt it!
Tell me about it!
A night at the AD sounds dangerous..... you don't want to pick one up either. I swear those things are infectious

Panerai night hey....hmmm.....
Old 28 October 2006, 11:26 AM   #30
Arthur Daley
"TRF" Member

Knowledge...

Get the Pam - you won't regret it. Hey, I just paid for a new SD (and didn't get to pay a mere $4k), so it't the least you can do
Arthur Daley is offline   Reply With Quote