The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 14 April 2014, 06:54 PM   #24781
SearChart
TechXpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
Does Leo, or anyone know how to stop cats using my garden as their personal litter tray? Is driving me insane.
Well there are some medieval ways to keep them away but I'm not sure if that's such a good idea
SearChart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14 April 2014, 06:56 PM   #24782
The Joker
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SearChart View Post
Well there are some medieval ways to keep them away but I'm not sure if that's such a good idea
Haha, I love cats, but they are becoming a real pain. Maybe I need a dog to keep them away.
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 April 2014, 09:57 PM   #24783
Lisa
"TRF" Member

I have the same problem, Wes. Cats aren't supposed to be allowed to roam the neighborhood, but they do anyway. I've heard that you can sprinkle hot pepper or chili powder in the flowerbeds, or bits of lemon or orange peel. Supposedly cats don't like the smell and avoid the areas. I've even tried coyote urine granules, but they're expensive. And no matter what method you try, you have to reapply whenever you water, or it rains.
Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 April 2014, 10:33 PM   #24784
SearChart
TechXpert

Quote:
Haha, I love cats, but they are becoming a real pain. Maybe I need a dog to keep them away.
There are some of those stinky things on the market that are supposed to keep cats away, not sure if they really work as good as they claim though.
We don't mind cats roaming around our neighborhood as long as they don't mess up our flowers or eat our carp from the pond...
SearChart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15 April 2014, 12:28 AM   #24785
vitalsignsrn
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116234 - 14060M
Wes, what about putting a small litter box on the side. LOL yes, I'll stop now... LOL LOL
vitalsignsrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 April 2014, 12:29 AM   #24786
Lisa
"TRF" Member

It was about 80 degrees yesterday... and today it's snowing.

Old 15 April 2014, 12:33 AM   #24787
vitalsignsrn
"TRF" Member

Lisa, those poor plants aren't going to know what hit them. :-(
Old 15 April 2014, 12:39 AM   #24788
Lisa
"TRF" Member

Wes, maybe you could just let the cats be part of your garden experience, and you can harvest them when the time is right.

Old 15 April 2014, 12:40 AM   #24789
Lisa
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitalsignsrn View Post
Lisa, those poor plants aren't going to know what hit them. :-(
It's about 10 degrees above freezing, Judy, but we're in for a hard freeze tonight and will break some records. I'll have to get out soon and start covering up things.

Old 15 April 2014, 01:38 AM   #24790
The Joker
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa View Post
Wes, maybe you could just let the cats be part of your garden experience, and you can harvest them when the time is right.

Haha, actually I love cats, just hate cat crap. Never really thought about it, but sure cats are allowed to roam free here, but no other pets are.

Don' think there is anything I can do about it, putting stuff down is a pain, and it pretty much rains every day here. We used to have a cat and I swear they don't crap in their own garden, and deters others. Maybe I should get one.
Old 15 April 2014, 01:40 AM   #24791
The Joker
"TRF" Member

Hi Judy, my whole garden is litter tray. I wonder if it is ok to catapult cat crap over your neighbours fence.
Old 15 April 2014, 01:44 AM   #24792
Lion
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT-II 16710 PEPSI
For the past two days we have a Robin attempting to get into our second story bedroom through the glass windows. It spends the whole day flying into the windows or jumping at them as there is a roof from the first floor underneath each window...poor bird!!!
All we have is beak prints and poop all over the windows and roofs.....

SS GMT-II 16710 PEPSI(Z-serial#)
THE ONLY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN MEN AND BOYS IS THE PRICE OF THE TOYS!!!
MontBlanc Meisterstuck Doue Silver Barley
MontBlanc Meisterstuck Solitaire Doue Signum
Proud Card Carrying Member of the Curmudgeons.....Yikes!!!
Lion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 April 2014, 01:47 AM   #24793
Lion
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Hi Judy, my whole garden is litter tray. I wonder if it is ok to catapult cat crap over your neighbours fence.
I don't know but maybe if you feed them or give them treats you can bribe them into going to someone else's yard to do their business...otherwise you can look at it as free fertilizer for your garden beds and borders!!!

Old 15 April 2014, 02:37 PM   #24794
threemonkeys
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMTIIc, AK, LVc
Kitty cats? We put a bunch of hazelnut shells next to our house and that kept the kitties out. I don't think they like walking on them.
threemonkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 April 2014, 11:48 PM   #24795
vitalsignsrn
"TRF" Member

Morning all.....Im in deep depression this morning. Whats the 1st thing I see when I look out the window? S N O W...... I wore flip flops for 3 days and now back to the boots. ** sigh ** Art, Im moving to Florida. Got a good Real Estate agent? LOL Can you rent a room? LOL

Lisa, did you manage to cover your plants up?

Leo, I know this is mean, but Im laughing at the image of that bird flying in to the window "over and over" again. Must be the one that hatched last or something.

Wes...if you put a litter box out they might go in that....but then you said it rains all the time so thats not a good idea. :-(

Craig, great idea. Wes, start eating hazelnuts...stat!

Dawna...you all done with renos? You must be in the home stretch by now.

Hi Craig...

Well...today all I have to do is hit the gym. Other than that...nothing. LOL Glad I did all my grocery shopping yesterday.

I picked up some Westone W20 in ear monitors last week. I really like the dual drivers. Very clear. I tried out about 5-6 of them. Thankfully this place in Toronto lets you try them on cause they are too expensive to just buy and not see if they fit. The only Sure that fit were the 215 but the cord was too thick and rigid. They are over ear too. The Westone Adventure ones were great and had a nice sports cord but when I listened to different kinds of music, the W20 sounded better overall for all genres I had in my playlist. Ok, so thats my mini review. LOL

Have a good day all..
Old 16 April 2014, 12:50 AM   #24796
dbelle7
"TRF" Member

Watch: Everose DD

wellllll, yes n no. almost finished at home....but I think i just bought a mountain house that needs updating.
dbelle7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 April 2014, 12:51 AM   #24797
dbelle7
"TRF" Member

Quote:
well you would just be returning what's theirs.....
Old 16 April 2014, 12:54 AM   #24798
dbelle7
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa View Post

Old 16 April 2014, 01:18 AM   #24799
Art 1
Banned

Watch: Rol/Seik/Tud/Omega
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitalsignsrn View Post
Morning all.....Im in deep depression this morning. Whats the 1st thing I see when I look out the window? S N O W...... I wore flip flops for 3 days and now back to the boots. ** sigh ** Art, Im moving to Florida. Got a good Real Estate agent? LOL Can you rent a room? LOL

Lisa, did you manage to cover your plants up?

Leo, I know this is mean, but Im laughing at the image of that bird flying in to the window "over and over" again. Must be the one that hatched last or something.

Wes...if you put a litter box out they might go in that....but then you said it rains all the time so thats not a good idea. :-(

Craig, great idea. Wes, start eating hazelnuts...stat!

Hi Craig...

Well...today all I have to do is hit the gym. Other than that...nothing. LOL Glad I did all my grocery shopping yesterday.

I picked up some Westone W20 in ear monitors last week. I really like the dual drivers. Very clear. I tried out about 5-6 of them. Thankfully this place in Toronto lets you try them on cause they are too expensive to just buy and not see if they fit. The only Sure that fit were the 215 but the cord was too thick and rigid. They are over ear too. The Westone Adventure ones were great and had a nice sports cord but when I listened to different kinds of music, the W20 sounded better overall for all genres I had in my playlist. Ok, so thats my mini review. LOL

Have a good day all..
I have extra rooms and do know a few realtors. Lets have the whole crew come and have a GTG.
Art 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 April 2014, 02:39 AM   #24800
Lisa
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbelle7 View Post

wellllll, yes n no. almost finished at home....but I think i just bought a mountain house that needs updating.

You THINK you bought one? Care to share details? New Mexico? Colorado?
Old 16 April 2014, 05:51 AM   #24801
Art 1
Banned

From today.

Old 16 April 2014, 05:57 AM   #24802
The Joker
"TRF" Member

Nice pics Art, like the top one. We are having nice weather here at the mo.
Old 16 April 2014, 07:05 AM   #24803
Lion
"TRF" Member

Wes, are you still enjoying the He!! out of driving your new car? I can just imagine this Summer how much fun you will have driving around the countryside and then stopping for lunch at a pub for a sandwich and a pint.....

Old 16 April 2014, 07:23 AM   #24804
Lion
"TRF" Member

Judy, that crazy Robin today is still banging away at our windows with its beak and head...I have no idea what to do!!!

I don't know if this will make you feel any better but last nite we had snow showers which by the time it was done just coated the lawns, shrubs, trees and cars.....

Also your in ear monitors sound really nice...I picked up a pair myself last Summer. They are made by Monster(a company which is known for speaker wire cables and also cables for connecting components in a stereo or surround system as well as TV's to a DVD Player and such)and the pair I picked up are called "A Tribute" To Miles Davis. They are trumpet shaped and are especially made for listening to Jazz music. Since I listen to Jazz 95% of the time I found them to be a great choice. You can listen to all forms/types of music through them but Jazz music sounds fantastic. Monster also makes two other models which cost a bit less but did not sound as good and they also had "Demo" covers to slip over the ends so you could test them out before buying!!!

Old 16 April 2014, 08:00 AM   #24805
The Joker
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion View Post
Wes, are you still enjoying the He!! out of driving your new car? I can just imagine this Summer how much fun you will have driving around the countryside and then stopping for lunch at a pub for a sandwich and a pint.....
So weird you would say that Leo, have a few days off, and today a mate from work came over as wanted to have a spin. And we went to a local pub for lunch, and sat outside as the weather was nice. Should of taken a pic for you guys.
Old 16 April 2014, 08:33 AM   #24806
Art 1
Banned

I like Deborah Harry, and I like Andy Warhol. So naturally I have always liked Andy's silk screen of Deborah Harry. I always wanted to go see it. So I did. And I took a pic of it. This is the pic. It was amazing to see and it was very difficult for me to take my eyes off of it.
Old 16 April 2014, 08:35 AM   #24807
The Joker
"TRF" Member

Cool art, Art.
Old 16 April 2014, 08:37 AM   #24808
The Joker
"TRF" Member

Check out these adrenaline junkie monkeys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kb0XR3_obJ4
Old 16 April 2014, 10:43 PM   #24809
Lion
"TRF" Member

Quote:
So weird you would say that Leo, have a few days off, and today a mate from work came over as wanted to have a spin. And we went to a local pub for lunch, and sat outside as the weather was nice. Should of taken a pic for you guys.
Wes, sounds like a lot of fun and of course you have a fine car for bumming around in with lots of power/speed(acceleration) and amenities. I'm sure that sandwich or fish and chips and a pint tasted extra special. To me it's always enjoyable when Winter slides into Spring and with temperatures climbing to get out and feel the warming Sun on your face as you drive through the countryside.....

When I was around 19yrs. to 20yrs. old with a friend or two we would start an adventure by pointing the car in any direction leaving off in the early evening and just drive all night. With music playing through the radio or cassette player we would just talk and goof around and could drive between 300 to 500 miles before morning. Then we'd stop for breakfast turn the car around and head home. A full breakfast would cost around a dollar, Petrol was relatively cheap being approximately 40 cents a gallon and a pack of smokes cost about the same. Of course the cars we could afford back then were only slightly better than "Beaters" but we had a good time just the same.....

Old 17 April 2014, 04:47 AM   #24810
The Joker
"TRF" Member

Sounds like good times Leo. Don't think the youth of today can afford to be so fancy free due to the cost of motoring, at least here in the UK.

Anyway, yes love my car, and has been as good as gold. A pic for you.