The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Panerai Discussion Forum

Old 9 August 2020, 03:53 PM   #31
Bucky
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvbert8 View Post
It’s funny that you posted this because my 233 also was serviced last year. It just stopped working this week, with about three weeks left on the one-year warranty. Exact same problem that happened last time, that it stops with one quarter to third left on power reserve.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Mine had full power reserve charged and just didn’t move. How old is your 233. Mine is 2010 am/pm dial. Do you wear it as a daily? Are you quite hard on it. I don’t wear mine often and never wear it doing anything physical that would make the movement bounce around.
Did yours have to get sent back to Switzerland to be fixed? Am waiting to hear back from Panerai for the update on the problem and what needs to be done.
Bucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 August 2020, 07:07 AM   #32
Bucky
"TRF" Member

Panerai Boutique called me today and said my watch is ready for me to pick up. They said the reason why it stopped working is it had been magnetized. They demagnetized it and said that the movement was fine. It has hardly been worn since it got serviced and I don’t work on a computer. Take my watch off when I am at home so struggling to understand when it would have happened.
Old 14 August 2020, 10:42 AM   #33
KBM
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
Panerai Boutique called me today and said my watch is ready for me to pick up. They said the reason why it stopped working is it had been magnetized. They demagnetized it and said that the movement was fine. It has hardly been worn since it got serviced and I don’t work on a computer. Take my watch off when I am at home so struggling to understand when it would have happened.
Good news that it was a simple fix! Enjoy it, OP!

KBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 August 2020, 02:37 AM   #34
Mystro
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
Cell phone speakers, cases, iPads, refrigerator doors, etc... It can happen quick.
Mystro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 August 2020, 06:51 AM   #35
rvbert8
"TRF" Member

I’m not hard on mine, mostly wear after workday is over at home, and on Friday’s and during the weekend. It’s in my multi watch rotation.

It was sent into boutique for service recently and waiting to hear back. I want to say mine is an I series but don’t know if that corresponds with 2009 or 2010?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rvbert8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 August 2020, 09:19 AM   #36
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Hard drive magnets too. If you play around with electrostatic speakers....
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 August 2020, 09:23 AM   #37
Bucky
"TRF" Member

I knew magnets were in lots of things but didn’t realise they were powerful enough to make a watch movement completely stop.
Old 15 August 2020, 06:38 PM   #38
Bucky
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvbert8 View Post
I’m not hard on mine, mostly wear after workday is over at home, and on Friday’s and during the weekend. It’s in my multi watch rotation.

It was sent into boutique for service recently and waiting to hear back. I want to say mine is an I series but don’t know if that corresponds with 2009 or 2010?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mine is from 2010. So sound the same time they were born. Would be interesting to hear what your fault was. It seems strange that last year they said it needed a full service (which it probably was due one anyway) and then the same issue came back and they said it had been magnetized.