The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 25 October 2020, 11:39 AM   #1
synrrgy
"TRF" Member

Navitimer A23322 current value??

I want to ask a question to all the Breitling aficionados... what would be the current value of a complete Navitimer set that’s in excellent condition? It has everything, bought new in 2011 from a Breitling AD. It was used sparingly, maybe a handful of times a year at most. I bought it with the OEM Polished SS pilots bracelet, but loved the look of it on the OEM alligator strap so I had the AD take off the pilot bracelet and bought the alligator and deployment buckle with it. But I still have the OEM polished ss bracelet too, that’s never ever been used! The reason I ask is because I’m cleaning up my collection and possibly letting go of those that have seen limited wrist time.

Would love to get all your thoughts on this. Thanks in advance!
synrrgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 October 2020, 04:53 PM   #2
boogiebot
"TRF" Member

Watch: me post!
I think you’re looking at half of the Msrp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
boogiebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 October 2020, 05:57 PM   #3
synrrgy
"TRF" Member

So all things considered, that would be what?... $4K USD?
Old 25 October 2020, 06:30 PM   #4
arcadelt
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by synrrgy View Post
So all things considered, that would be what?... $4K USD?

Given you have the full set, and both the bracelet and an alligator strap, I'd suggest you start by asking US$4.5K and then work down incrementally from that. They've sold anywhere from US$3.25K and up to US$4K on eBay in the last 60 days, but none have your inclusions. They are listed on Chrono24 from US$3.75K upwards, but those are asking prices, not sales prices. Asking prices for watches listed on WatchRecon at the moment fall between $3K and $4.8K.
arcadelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 October 2020, 06:32 PM   #5
arcadelt
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by synrrgy View Post
I bought it with the OEM Polished SS pilots bracelet...
BTW, did you mean Navitimer bracelet or Pilot bracelet - they are quite different.
arcadelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 October 2020, 04:11 AM   #6
synrrgy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcadelt View Post
BTW, did you mean Navitimer bracelet or Pilot bracelet - they are quite different.

Yes I meant the polished Navitimer bracelet. Attaching a pic for everyone.
Old 26 October 2020, 04:12 AM   #7
synrrgy
"TRF" Member

Navitimer A23322 current value??

What do you all think? Should I keep the set even if I don’t use the watch as much or would it be worth it to sell it altogether?? What’s the collectibility of the A23322?
Old 27 October 2020, 10:57 AM   #8
Dave455
"TRF" Member

Personally, even if I didn’t wear the watch that much, I’d keep it! Though I'm probably the wrong person to ask, being one of the “aficionado’s” in question!

Firstly, it’s a classic design. Others may come in and out of fashion, but that won’t. It’s got the classic B23 movement, and also the classic sub dial design. The logo is the classic wings, which I can’t believe Breitling are fiddling around with, but they are.

Collectibility at the moment isn’t great, but it’s only going to get more desirable over time. While I do see a fair number of these used, many have been quite heavily used, and few are as nice as yours appears to be. Fewer still have the bracelet. Bearing in mind that this model is out of production, I think you would struggle to replace it with one as nice.

When you factor in what you would currently get, I don’t think there is any incentive to sell, and every incentive to keep! Most folks have got the odd, how shall I phrase it - less than tasteful piece, in their collection. Sell one of those and keep the Navitimer!
Dave455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 October 2020, 02:39 AM   #9
synrrgy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave455 View Post
Personally, even if I didn’t wear the watch that much, I’d keep it! Though I'm probably the wrong person to ask, being one of the “aficionado’s” in question!

Firstly, it’s a classic design. Others may come in and out of fashion, but that won’t. It’s got the classic B23 movement, and also the classic sub dial design. The logo is the classic wings, which I can’t believe Breitling are fiddling around with, but they are.

Collectibility at the moment isn’t great, but it’s only going to get more desirable over time. While I do see a fair number of these used, many have been quite heavily used, and few are as nice as yours appears to be. Fewer still have the bracelet. Bearing in mind that this model is out of production, I think you would struggle to replace it with one as nice.

When you factor in what you would currently get, I don’t think there is any incentive to sell, and every incentive to keep! Most folks have got the odd, how shall I phrase it - less than tasteful piece, in their collection. Sell one of those and keep the Navitimer!

Thank you for your input Dave. Much appreciated. I have been on the fence deciding whether or not to keep and have teetered back and forth for the last week on it. A friend asked to buy it since I haven’t been using it at all and offered about $3500 for the whole set. I did think about it for a bit and figure I would let it go since I haven’t been using it
and make some money on the side, but it also seemed on the low end and he didn’t want to go up in price. For that amount I was leaning towards keeping it especially since it’s in such excellent condition. Your comments make a lot of sense, Thanks again.