The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Miscellaneous Forums > Pens & Writing Instruments

Old 20 January 2014, 11:15 PM   #31
68camaro
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodsworth View Post
I've always liked Sailor 1911 pens- Should be in your price range (preowned).
[/QUOTE]Consider Visconti Rembrandt. You can find them for around $200[/QUOTE]

My wife has this visconti which I love, great feel to pen and writes amazingly.

One of two FP's I have with me at all times is the mid-size Sailor 1911 in EF. I love it for editing docs and spreadsheets.

I highly recommend both, I bought my Sailor for 125 new on ebay and never regretted it.

Chuck
68camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 February 2014, 06:39 PM   #32
shu_uemura
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Submariner
Try the Pilot Elite 95S. 14K gold nib for ~$100 brand-new off some Japanese sellers on eBay. Pilot QC is amazing and the pen should write well out of the box.
shu_uemura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 February 2014, 06:50 PM   #33
rustyduck
"TRF" Member

I have several pens including Mont Blanc, Pelikan, Pilot, TWSBI, Lamy, Parker P51 and I've used many others over the years. I would first ask yourself if you want a piston fill or a cartridge/converter fill. Few Piston fill pens exist in the under 200 price range. One is TWSBI. the current line of TWSBI pens are solid, trustworthy performers and TWSBI stands behind their products. all of those are in the sub 100 range. I like the 580 and the new mini. videos are available on Gouletpens.com --go to the blog. my favorite cartridge pen (use the large converter) for 160 is the Pilot custom 74. gold nib. very good value. favorite inks include Noodlers, private reserve and waterman. again, goulet pens website is the best for videos and reviews on pens, inks, paper etc. very good to buy from as well. If you're in DC, visit Fahrneys. best deals you will get there are in person. the fountain pen hospital in NY downtown is also very good. visit them personally and try out some of the vintage parkers and other pens. I own a vanishing point. cool pen but the converter has a very small capacity. you're constantly filling up the converter. it's good pen though. overall best value under 200 is probably the pilot custom 74. best of all worlds, large capacity with the larger converter, looks good. workhorse too. check out gouletpens.
rustyduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 February 2014, 02:45 AM   #34
mikkibarry
"TRF" Member

Watch: Your Six
Just a quick opinion from a n00b. My Vanishing Point is wonderful. I have to carry a second pen for signing multi part forms, however. But I do love the way it rolls. I'm learning about inks and pens very slowly (the way I learned about watches I suppose). I've sort of kind of collected them over the years, but really don't have enough knowledge to know what is good from an objective standpoint. Reading this forum helps. Thanks!
mikkibarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 February 2014, 02:51 AM   #35
BNA/LION
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: ROLEX
I prefer Montblanc... Best of luck pen hunting.

✦ 28238 President DD 18K/YG ✦ 16610LN SS Sub ✦ 16613 18K/SS Serti ✦ 16550 Exp II Non-Rail Cream Dial ✦ Daytona C 116500 ✦ 126710 BLRO GMT-Master II ✦ NEXT-->?
Hole In One! 10/3/19 DMCC 5th hole, par 3, 168 yards w/ 4-Iron.
BNA/LION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 March 2014, 04:45 AM   #36
mycoleptodiscus
"TRF" Member

Fountain

Well, a Pilot vanishing is a retractable fountain that is practical for the office. I use one daily. AKA pilot capless.
mycoleptodiscus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 March 2014, 03:48 PM   #37
rmurphy
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 16600
Advice for a rookie: nice pen $50-$200 not Montblanc?

Besides price point .... I'm confused under what circumstances a nice Montblanc would not fit the bill in the office. Now sure maybe something like my Legrand Platinum would be out of place at times ... But not to many in my humble opinion. You can pick up a very nice Carrera Model Montblanc with a very low key look for $150 bucks on eBay. That's my next one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rmurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 May 2014, 07:12 AM   #38
b46822
"TRF" Member

Ive bought several of the Tourneau New York Discontinued models on Ebay, at a fraction of the price! I bought my first Tourneau Pen from American Express Merchandise offers in the gold card mailing, it still is grande!
I think I paid $349 in the early 90'sd.
Now Ive bought a few below $100!
I just went to Ebay and searched Tourneau gold pen
b46822 is offline   Reply With Quote