The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 31 May 2019, 05:39 PM   #1
BayLax
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
126660 advice on fit

I've owned my 126660 for over a year and I'm finding myself wearing it less and less because it drags my skin. I do have skinny wrists but the weight doesn't bother me. I've noticed it's the special non-polished finish on the back of the watch that's catching my skin and dragging it down (I'm sure it's great over a diving suit).

And hacks or advice on how I can minimize this issue?
BayLax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 May 2019, 11:09 PM   #2
Devildog
"TRF" Member

Watch: ^^^ for now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Furious_Feng View Post
I've owned my 126660 for over a year and I'm finding myself wearing it less and less because it drags my skin. I do have skinny wrists but the weight doesn't bother me. I've noticed it's the special non-polished finish on the back of the watch that's catching my skin and dragging it down (I'm sure it's great over a diving suit).

And hacks or advice on how I can minimize this issue?
The case back is titanium.

Sounds like you are wearing the watch too loose. Try tightening the bracelet so it doesn't move about on your wrist

Present: 16600, 116509, Cartier Santos Green.
Devildog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 May 2019, 11:14 PM   #3
psv
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devildog View Post

Sounds like you are wearing the watch too loose. Try tightening the bracelet so it doesn't move about on your wrist
This. I'd remove the diver-extension from the bracelet for a better fit, but you need to wear a top-heavy watch like that rather snuggly.
psv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 June 2019, 03:17 AM   #4
BayLax
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devildog View Post

this might sound stupid, will a standard sub caseback fit the deepsea? I'm trying to hack this. Easier than hitting the gym and getting a wider wrist LOL
Old 1 June 2019, 05:40 AM   #5
psv
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furious_Feng View Post
this might sound stupid, will a standard sub caseback fit the deepsea? I'm trying to hack this. Easier than hitting the gym and getting a wider wrist LOL
No, the Deepsea has a completely different caseback (and construction in general).

If the fit isn't a great, I'd say go look at a 116600 Sea-Dweller instead. The case has shorter lugs and much better fit IMO, and not as top heavy. 40mm, as a Sea-Dweller should be.
psv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 June 2019, 06:50 AM   #6
BayLax
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by psv View Post
No, the Deepsea has a completely different caseback (and construction in general).

If the fit isn't a great, I'd say go look at a 116600 Sea-Dweller instead. The case has shorter lugs and much better fit IMO, and not as top heavy. 40mm, as a Sea-Dweller should be.
Funny, the changes made to the 126660 was supposed to make it fit better. Wider lugs, thinner bezel...if the previous gen fits better I'm going to be pissed.