The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 16 November 2018, 12:55 PM   #1
Pw92676
"TRF" Member

Boutique or AD?

I stopped into my local Omega boutique today as I was in the area, looked at the new Seamaster 2018 Basel. Very nice watch, in person I really liked the blue dial on blue rubber and thinking strongly about adding one.

At the boutique I thought the service was fantastic and the people were very friendly. My question is If I do pull the trigger on this, is there advantage to going the Boutique route? From what I can think, may be a way to get on a list for future LE? I doubt I’d ever start chasing the Omega LEs but ya never know I guess. Going via my AD would definitely increase my purchase history but to be honest, I just like the folks at my AD and would rather support them. Any reason to venture away and go the Boutique route or stick with AD?
Pw92676 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 November 2018, 08:34 PM   #2
AEC
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Idiot Savant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pw92676 View Post
...to be honest, I just like the folks at my AD and would rather support them...
I think this is a good reason to continue doing business with your AD. I'll admit that I don't know from experience what it's like to be a Boutique customer, so perhaps others will chime in here with more info about benefits of that.
AEC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17 November 2018, 09:18 AM   #3
wlchuccc
"TRF" Member

I always got the best treat from OB. If you are always after Omega LE watches, I would suggest to buy it from OB. There will be few good LE next year like Apollo and James Bond. I don't know many ADs could get you these LE watches
wlchuccc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 November 2018, 09:37 AM   #4
ap1
2024 Pledge Member

I recently had an OB try to bundle, I’m not joking. I’ll stick with my AD
ap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 November 2018, 09:50 AM   #5
wlchuccc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ap1 View Post
I recently had an OB try to bundle, I’m not joking. I’ll stick with my AD
for which timepieces?
Old 17 November 2018, 09:58 AM   #6
ap1
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlchuccc View Post
for which timepieces?

I asked about an Ultraman if a client passed on it upon picking it up. They came back and asked if there was also something from the regular lineup I might also pickup.

I expect this from nasty Rolex ADs but was shocked this came from an actual OB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 17 November 2018, 10:05 AM   #7
wlchuccc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I asked about an Ultraman if a client passed on it upon picking it up. They came back and asked if there was also something from the regular lineup I might also pickup.

I expect this from nasty Rolex ADs but was shocked this came from an actual OB.

Sorry to hear that. I suspect it was the Ultraman as well. I think this is because they still have a long waiting list for Ultraman, so if they give you one, they feel that they are doing you a favor or something.

By the way, Ultraman is really one of the best timepieces from Omega in recent years. I like it more than the White Snoopy to be honest. Try to get one soon in the grey market, no one knows if it will become another Snoopy or not in terms of the grey market price. Only time will tell....
Old 17 November 2018, 10:07 AM   #8
ap1
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Sorry to hear that. I suspect it was the Ultraman as well. I think this is because they still have a long waiting list for Ultraman, so if they give you one, they feel that they are doing you a favor or something.

By the way, Ultraman is really one of the best timepieces from Omega in recent years. I like it more than the White Snoopy to be honest. Try to get one soon in the grey market, no one knows if it will become another Snoopy or not in terms of the grey market price. Only time will tell....

Already acquired. I’m seeing pricing falling to price plus tax though. It’s such a shame. Most of the people that reserved this did it solely to sell. This watch game is getting real...

Old 17 November 2018, 10:12 AM   #9
wlchuccc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Already acquired. I’m seeing pricing falling to price plus tax though. It’s such a shame. Most of the people that reserved this did it solely to sell. This watch game is getting real...

Really sad to see that. I heard someone has reserved 10 Ultraman. That’s insane! Hopefully they will do something like Rolex in the near future.
I am sure you will like this Ultraman, hope you will get it soon!

Old 17 November 2018, 11:43 AM   #10
ap1
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Really sad to see that. I heard someone has reserved 10 Ultraman. That’s insane! Hopefully they will do something like Rolex in the near future.
I am sure you will like this Ultraman, hope you will get it soon!

I see you went vintage bracelet - I’ve ordered the racing bracelet for it btw - for a quick second I considered one of those divers right there then came to my senses.
Old 17 November 2018, 11:47 AM   #11
wlchuccc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I see you went vintage bracelet - I’ve ordered the racing bracelet for it btw - for a quick second I considered one of those divers right there then came to my senses.
I tried on the speedy racing bracelet as well, I like the vintage one more to be honest. It's easier to fit with the racing bracelet though
Old 17 November 2018, 05:39 PM   #12
Rolexwatch12
"TRF" Member

In this exact situation, all you have to do is to follow your heart
Rolexwatch12 is offline   Reply With Quote