The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Vintage Rolex Discussion

Old 16 April 2011, 05:11 AM   #61
BH13GMT
"TRF" Member

Watch: and learn
Awsome info guys, a great read

thanks again

Rolex Sub 1680, Rolex GMT 116710LN, Rolex Datejust 16220 Salmon Dial (the Mrs), Tudor BB58, Tudor Pelagos Blue and Several Seiko's
"last one in the chopper is a rotten egg" Jonathan Quayle Higgins III
BH13GMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 April 2011, 05:52 AM   #62
Porsche
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: and learn
Thanks David, fantastic post.. You just saved me a 6,000 mile trip across the ocean!

And a big thanks to Del, your passion has kept this wonderful history from fading away.

ROLEX --- SEIKO --- HEUER

TRF REHAUT
T H E R O L E X F O R U M T H E R O L E X F O R U M T H E R O L E X F O R U M T H E R O L E X F O R U M T H E R O L E X F O R U M T H E R O L E X F O R U M
Porsche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 April 2011, 07:47 AM   #63
Yazo
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
Very cool.... thanks David!
Yazo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 April 2011, 11:20 PM   #64
Frogman4me
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porsche View Post
Thanks David, fantastic post.. You just saved me a 6,000 mile trip across the ocean!

I made this thread particularly for members in your situation, it was only an hour drive for me so I am glad I could help you out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yazo View Post
Very cool.... thanks David!
No problem Sunny, just be a drink the next time I see you ...lol
Frogman4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2011, 12:11 AM   #65
Bruno C
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner 14060M
Excelent info!
thanks
Bruno C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2011, 09:54 AM   #66
Mike B
"TRF" Member

Watch: DSSD, Omega SMP
I was actually there the day this exhibit debut, and had the great honor to meet Mr. Dell Deaton himself !! Fred, Stan and myself all had a personal tour with Dell himself !! It was a GREAT time, and I just wanted to thank Dell again for taking the time to go through all of the James Bond watches (basically piece by piece) and telling us the back-story behind them all. Something I will never forget !!

Mike
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_6214.JPG (88.6 KB, 36 views)
Mike B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2011, 01:33 AM   #67
ob1

Watch: new pussycat?
Thanks for replying to my post Dell
ob1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2011, 03:33 PM   #68
suntaelee
"TRF" Member

where can i find the seiko 7a28-7020 spr007???? omg that watch is beautiful! anything close to it from a newer seiko line? i must have it!
suntaelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 April 2011, 12:54 AM   #69
delldeaton
"TRF" Member

Watch: Never kiss & tell!
Icon14 Memory lane ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike B View Post
I was actually there the day this exhibit debut, and had the great honor to meet Mr. Dell Deaton himself !! Fred, Stan and myself all had a personal tour with Dell himself !! It was a GREAT time, and I just wanted to thank Dell again for taking the time to go through all of the James Bond watches (basically piece by piece) and telling us the back-story behind them all. Something I will never forget !!

Mike
Thanks for re-posting this photo, Mike. I can honestly say that hooking up with all you guys at the opening (several times!) was one of the greatest joys I had in putting all this together. And that's saying something - as I had the opportunity to sit in Ian Fleming's chair when I was at his stepdaughter's home in conjunction with picking up the original James Bond watch (wait for it - his Rolex 1016 Explorer) so that I could personally bring it back for exhibit at the Museum.

Although this isn't a GTG thread, per se, might I ask for a reminder of how far away you all are from Columbia? Short notice, but I might have something to propose....

Old 22 April 2011, 01:04 AM   #70
StarSovereign
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116234, 116710LN
Very cool. Thanks Frogman!
StarSovereign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 April 2011, 04:25 AM   #71
Ubique
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1016
Quote:
Originally Posted by delldeaton View Post
I had the opportunity to sit in Ian Fleming's chair when I was at his stepdaughter's home in conjunction with picking up the original James Bond watch (wait for it - his Rolex 1016 Explorer) so that I could personally bring it back for exhibit at the Museum.
Good God.
Ubique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 April 2011, 11:43 AM   #72
Mike B
"TRF" Member

Watch: DSSD, Omega SMP
Quote:
Originally Posted by delldeaton View Post
Thanks for re-posting this photo, Mike. I can honestly say that hooking up with all you guys at the opening (several times!) was one of the greatest joys I had in putting all this together. And that's saying something - as I had the opportunity to sit in Ian Fleming's chair when I was at his stepdaughter's home in conjunction with picking up the original James Bond watch (wait for it - his Rolex 1016 Explorer) so that I could personally bring it back for exhibit at the Museum.

Although this isn't a GTG thread, per se, might I ask for a reminder of how far away you all are from Columbia? Short notice, but I might have something to propose....

Dell - It's an honor to know that you enjoyed meeting us all so much !! Believe me, that was one of the BEST GTG's we've ever had, and your exhibit was tops with me :) :) (especially seeing that Omega 2531.80 in that big poster that was hung in front of the building :) ). EXCELLENT job with everyone involved in setting that up, simply amazing !!

As for how far we are all from Columbia, well, Stan and Fred all came from Kentucky, and I came from CT. The trip took me about 5-6 hours to get there, and it took Fred and Stan probably about the same, if not an hour or two longer.

We are having another GTG that Fred, Stan, myself, and a bunch of other TRF'ers are attending in Monroeville, PA on June 17th. (Here is a link to that thread : http://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=166080 )

We all try to meet up once a year, and take a few days off work just to meet up with each other. This will be our 3rd year in a row doing so, and beleive it or not, I've had more fun with these guys then during my own family vacations lol
Hope you can make it, it would be an honor to have you !

Mike
Mike B is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
james bond , nawcc