The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 17 September 2020, 03:07 AM   #4651
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Watch: One of Not Many
Quote:
Originally Posted by visualplane View Post
Question: I been hearing about buying gold now with the economy. I'm not finance expert, but should I pick up some gold? Would collectibles be even better (rolex, sportscards, comic books)?
Impossible to answer without knowing a lot more about your overall portfolio.

Gold is typically an inflation hedge or an anchor against uncertainty.

Do you think there will be inflation? Are you worried about something affecting your other investments?

How long would you hold the gold for? If you bought "collectibles" when would you sell them?

Why have you been hearing about buying gold with the "economy"?

Not trying to be difficult but I think you need to look at your overall situation and goals over time.

https://money.usnews.com/investing/i...invest-in-gold
Vacheron Constantin Traditionnelle Complete Calendar, Glashutte PanoInverse, Glashutte SeaQ Panorama Date, Omega Aqua Terra 150, Omega CK 859, Omega Speedmaster 3861 Moonwatch, Glashutte Senator Exellence, Rolex 116710 GMT Master II BLNR, Breitling Superocean Steelfish, JLC Atmos Transparent
beshannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 September 2020, 03:10 AM   #4652
Zack21
"TRF" Member

Anyone looking at SNOW? Currently at 247, it is at more than double its IPO price of 120. The articles I read suggested the IPO price was really high. It will be interesting to see what direction this takes but at these levels it seems too risky for me.
Zack21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 September 2020, 03:12 AM   #4653
JParm
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Yes!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack21 View Post
Anyone looking at SNOW? Currently at 247, it is at more than double its IPO price of 120. The articles I read suggested the IPO price was really high. It will be interesting to see what direction this takes but at these levels it seems too risky for me.
The IPOs lately have been absurd in terms of price jumps, in my opinion (just look at BIGC).

I'd rather see the stocks level out and stabilize, as well as go through a few earnings, before jumping onboard.
Old 17 September 2020, 03:15 AM   #4654
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I am watching but the valuation makes no sense. Is this another SHOP or UBER?
Vacheron Constantin Traditionnelle Complete Calendar, Glashutte PanoInverse, Glashutte SeaQ Panorama Date, Omega Aqua Terra 150, Omega CK 859, Omega Speedmaster 3861 Moonwatch, Glashutte Senator Exellence, Rolex 116710 GMT Master II BLNR, Breitling Superocean Steelfish, JLC Atmos Transparent
Old 17 September 2020, 03:19 AM   #4655
logo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
SNOW was absurdly priced. At 75-80 it was steep but not unreasonable, the fact they boosted it to 120 yesterday last minute tells me all I need to know about management - greedy. Let the product speak for itself, not the stock price. Anyway, at an annual revenue of 500M (remember, NET is 400M, FSLY 300M), a share price at 240 is well >60B valuation in contrast to NETs 11B and FSLYs 8.5B. Can’t imagine who bought at over 300.... heavy bags. SNOW has higher annual growth, but all three are negative EPS.
logo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 September 2020, 04:23 AM   #4656
-dustin

and the first trade was at something like $240?
-dustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 September 2020, 04:35 AM   #4657
JParm

https://seekingalpha.com/news/361470...os-belski-says

Interesting take on the impact of retail investors in the market, or rather lack of - we've all talked about the RH crowd affecting things...but maybe not so much apparently?

We are low low LOW on that totem pole, it seems.
Old 17 September 2020, 04:45 AM   #4658
visualplane
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5513
Quote:
Originally Posted by beshannon View Post
Impossible to answer without knowing a lot more about your overall portfolio.

Gold is typically an inflation hedge or an anchor against uncertainty.

Do you think there will be inflation? Are you worried about something affecting your other investments?

How long would you hold the gold for? If you bought "collectibles" when would you sell them?

Why have you been hearing about buying gold with the "economy"?

Not trying to be difficult but I think you need to look at your overall situation and goals over time.

https://money.usnews.com/investing/i...invest-in-gold
No problem. I heard with all the money being printed, inflation will happen? Looking for something hold for at least a year, but probably longer. Looking for alternative investments.
visualplane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 September 2020, 05:01 AM   #4659
trippinjimmy
"TRF" Member

Averaged down in oxy this am. If oil stabilizes, this will take off!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
trippinjimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 September 2020, 08:40 AM   #4660
logo
"TRF" Member

Hopped aboard the INO express yesterday with a few speculative calls and went for a nice ride today. To me, this is an interesting stock. Long history of no product, but they are still small and very much foundational research focused rather then new product focused. Reason for that is their technology (DNA medicine) has never been done before. They have been the subject of numerous pump and dumps the past 6 months due to covid vaccine, most recently a violent sell off to well below their 100 day moving average so I considered it a reasonable “deal”. Now they’ve got a deal with ThermoFosher Scientific, and there’s speculation of data being published soon, along with funding, FDA approvals etc etc.

Now, I have my doubts - maybe this is another pump and dump, could dump tomorrow, could continue going up. BUT, I will say that IF their technology as a whole actually pans out (Not just covid, but DNA Medicine in general), then they are worth far more than what covid has them priced for - I.e., a positive result in covid actually means much more than that in my view. DNA medicine would revolutionize healthcare, and they’ve put up some solid data on HPV vaccines in very respected medical/scientific journals.... To the moon or bust I guess.

Anyways, as always do your due diligence, and buyer beware - this one can rocket or tank in the blink of an eye.
Old 17 September 2020, 08:53 AM   #4661
HippoPAPAmus
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by logo View Post
Hopped aboard the INO express yesterday with a few speculative calls and went for a nice ride today. To me, this is an interesting stock. Long history of no product, but they are still small and very much foundational research focused rather then new product focused. Reason for that is their technology (DNA medicine) has never been done before. They have been the subject of numerous pump and dumps the past 6 months due to covid vaccine, most recently a violent sell off to well below their 100 day moving average so I considered it a reasonable “deal”. Now they’ve got a deal with ThermoFosher Scientific, and there’s speculation of data being published soon, along with funding, FDA approvals etc etc.

Now, I have my doubts - maybe this is another pump and dump, could dump tomorrow, could continue going up. BUT, I will say that IF their technology as a whole actually pans out (Not just covid, but DNA Medicine in general), then they are worth far more than what covid has them priced for - I.e., a positive result in covid actually means much more than that in my view. DNA medicine would revolutionize healthcare, and they’ve put up some solid data on HPV vaccines in very respected medical/scientific journals.... To the moon or bust I guess.

Anyways, as always do your due diligence, and buyer beware - this one can rocket or tank in the blink of an eye.

I’ve been watching this for a while. A friend of mine got in around May and has done quite well playing both spikes. Exciting science.

HippoPAPAmus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 September 2020, 09:11 AM   #4662
Screwly
"TRF" Member

Watch: “Pepsi”
Quote:
Originally Posted by trippinjimmy View Post
Averaged down in oxy this am. If oil stabilizes, this will take off!

I’m ready!! Been seeing nothing but red in oxy for a while now. Today was a good day!
126613lb
326934 jubilee/blue dial
Screwly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 September 2020, 01:19 PM   #4663
RyanO
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: LVc
If the overnight futures are any indication, looks to be another difficult day ahead of us in the markets.

RyanO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 September 2020, 01:39 PM   #4664
HippoPAPAmus
"TRF" Member

More TikTok drama -

The congressional objections raise the question of whether Mr. Trump could face criticism for the Oracle-TikTok proposal on the campaign trail. Mr. Trump, who had made positive comments about a deal on Tuesday, appeared to be aware of the growing debate.

“I’m not prepared to sign off on anything. I have to see the deal,” he said at a news conference on Wednesday. “They’re going to be reporting to me tomorrow morning.” He added that he was “not going to be happy” if TikTok remained largely owned by a Chinese company.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nyt...ition.amp.html

Old 17 September 2020, 08:34 PM   #4665
avidflyer

Looks down for the open...may be a rough Thurs - Fri
avidflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 September 2020, 08:58 PM   #4666
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by visualplane View Post
No problem. I heard with all the money being printed, inflation will happen? Looking for something hold for at least a year, but probably longer. Looking for alternative investments.
The Fed has been trying to create inflation since 2009, they just announced yesterday that they will keep rates close to ZERO until 2023
Old 17 September 2020, 09:07 PM   #4667
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Dow Futures, Snowflake, Oracle-TikTok - 5 Things You Must Know Thursday

https://www.thestreet.com/markets/5-...hursday-091720

The markets are tired here without any news news one way or another

Quote:
Off their overnight lows, U.S. stock index futures are still down 1% following a session that turned sour yesterday after the big Fed meeting. While the FOMC said interest rates could stay anchored to the zero-bound through 2023 (as the central bank tries to spur inflation), Jerome Powell kept asset purchases at current levels and sounded some alarm bells. "More fiscal support is likely to be needed," he declared, signaling the Fed can't rescue the "highly uncertain" economy alone and Congress needs to act quickly on another coronavirus relief package.
https://seekingalpha.com/news/361483...-over-stimulus
Old 17 September 2020, 09:44 PM   #4668
JParm

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/09/17/snow...hat-debut.html

As most of us have said - be a tad weary of the Snowflake hype.
Old 17 September 2020, 11:08 PM   #4669
-dustin

oof
Old 17 September 2020, 11:22 PM   #4670
wrxdev
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, Omega
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeezy14@hotmail.com View Post
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/09/17/snow...hat-debut.html

As most of us have said - be a tad weary of the Snowflake hype.
Completely agree. I will sit it out for at least 2 quarters and then think about it.
wrxdev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 September 2020, 01:17 AM   #4671
logo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HippoPAPAmus View Post
I’ve been watching this for a while. A friend of mine got in around May and has done quite well playing both spikes. Exciting science.

Just watched the interview with their CEO this morning. Impressive pipeline over the next 1-3 months for COVID, and impressive over the next year for their other disease targets. We’ll see what the data shows.
Old 18 September 2020, 02:15 AM   #4672
JParm

Added to GOOGL, FB, SQ and AMZN.

Still have a bit more to deploy, should we squeeze down some more tomorrow.
Old 18 September 2020, 03:31 AM   #4673
JParm

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/09/17/opti...te-stocks.html

Options expiration Friday...could be another volatile ride tomorrow.
Old 18 September 2020, 03:37 AM   #4674
HippoPAPAmus
"TRF" Member

“Revised term sheet” bringing some hope that Tiktok saga may finally come to a favorable end.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bus...p-2020-9%3famp

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...erms-on-tiktok

Old 18 September 2020, 03:39 AM   #4675
chadwick4eva
"TRF" Member

Does anyone know if apple was planning on releasing their 5G ready phone this year?
chadwick4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 September 2020, 03:44 AM   #4676
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadwick4eva View Post
Does anyone know if apple was planning on releasing their 5G ready phone this year?
There has been no announcement as yet
Old 18 September 2020, 03:55 AM   #4677
-dustin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeezy14@hotmail.com View Post
Added to GOOGL, FB, SQ and AMZN.

Still have a bit more to deploy, should we squeeze down some more tomorrow.
any particular reason for GOOGL over GOOG?
Old 18 September 2020, 04:02 AM   #4678
JParm

Quote:
Originally Posted by -dustin View Post
any particular reason for GOOGL over GOOG?
https://www.investopedia.com/ask/ans...20are%20issued.

Good read here.
Old 18 September 2020, 04:45 AM   #4679
kieselguhr
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1601
Talking Stocks 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by logo View Post

Reentered at $9-$10. They don’t have an actual product yet but I think they were definitely oversold. Looking forward to the peer reviewed publication regardless of the financial implications. I think VGX-3100 will be more significant in making or breaking the company rather than INO-4800
kieselguhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 September 2020, 06:03 AM   #4680
JParm

Not upset about that close today, considering how the day was going / where we started.