The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX


Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12 July 2022, 01:59 AM   #121
pursang_
"TRF" Member
 
pursang_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2022
Location: DFW
Posts: 169
June 2022 dated Pepsi sold on Moda at auction for 21k last night.

July 2022 dated 126610LN sold for 14.3k

June 2022 124060 sitting unsold at 12.6k atm.
pursang_ is offline  
Old 12 July 2022, 02:29 AM   #122
HelloMelo
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: New york
Posts: 586
Quote:
Originally Posted by pursang_ View Post
June 2022 dated Pepsi sold on Moda at auction for 21k last night.

July 2022 dated 126610LN sold for 14.3k

June 2022 124060 sitting unsold at 12.6k atm.

Keeps going lower and lower


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HelloMelo is offline  
Old 12 July 2022, 02:43 AM   #123
huncho
2024 Pledge Member
 
huncho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: nyc
Posts: 6,378
Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloMelo View Post
Keeps going lower and lower


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dealers just flooding the market with too much supply. i remember when people were saying rolex should increase production to fit demand. imagine if they did? we'd be seeing an even bigger crash

this is like the week btc went from 30k to 17k because of mass liquidations of funds going bankrupt. i still feel like once it's over things will go back up slowly
huncho is online now  
Old 12 July 2022, 02:50 AM   #124
Meltingicecube
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2022
Location: UK
Posts: 101
People think Rolex are some genuines playing three dimensional chess! If they are, why did their watches trade at a massive discount prior to 2018?

I think this was a 5 year bubble that's in process of bursting! Many things (covid helicopter money, people saving during lockdowns, interest rates & QE, stocks/crypto boom) went right all at the same time and all those factors are now reversing!

I'm watching the China situation very closely, if China goes down, flippers/speculators are in big big trouble!
Meltingicecube is offline  
Old 12 July 2022, 02:57 AM   #125
huncho
2024 Pledge Member
 
huncho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: nyc
Posts: 6,378
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meltingicecube View Post
People think Rolex are some genuines playing three dimensional chess! If they are, why did their watches trade at a massive discount prior to 2018?

I think this was a 5 year bubble that's in process of bursting! Many things (covid helicopter money, people saving during lockdowns, interest rates & QE, stocks/crypto boom) went right all at the same time and all those factors are now reversing!

I'm watching the China situation very closely, if China goes down, flippers/speculators are in big big trouble!
rolex played a big part in it though. everything you said was part of the reason why prices went crazy but let's not act like rolex didn't sit there enabling it with bundling, fake waitlists and closing down a lot of ADs

they took advantage of the environment to go up market and now the inevitable correction is happening. time will tell if they'll cut production to keep their image and hype and force the floor to be msrp going forward or if things will go back to pre 2016. i can't believe people are still questioning the brand's marketing at this point. you really think they aren't geniuses? lol
huncho is online now  
Old 12 July 2022, 03:12 AM   #126
SubMillennial
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: USA
Watch: Sub 41 Date
Posts: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by pursang_ View Post
June 2022 dated Pepsi sold on Moda at auction for 21k last night.

July 2022 dated 126610LN sold for 14.3k

June 2022 124060 sitting unsold at 12.6k atm.

same thing is happening in real estate. Anyone denying the trend now is either a fool or has a vested interest in pretending otherwise.

Once we hit <20% of MSRP margin, flipping to greys becomes a net negative transaction, and the floodgates will open.
SubMillennial is offline  
Old 12 July 2022, 03:18 AM   #127
MoStuff
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2022
Posts: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubMillennial View Post
same thing is happening in real estate. Anyone denying the trend now is either a fool or has a vested interest in pretending otherwise.

Once we hit &lt;20% of MSRP margin, flipping to greys becomes a net negative transaction, and the floodgates will open.

Canít wait. Have cash in hand need MoStuff!!!!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MoStuff is offline  
Old 12 July 2022, 03:49 AM   #128
pursang_
"TRF" Member
 
pursang_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2022
Location: DFW
Posts: 169
Few more datapoints:

Unworn 03/22 full set fluted meteorite baguette WG DD40 sold for 68.5k after sitting over the weekend.

Worn but great condition 01/20 126622 YM40 Rhodium sold for 14.8k after 24 hours.

Unworn baguette Platona full set has been sitting at 135k for almost a week.

2022 Airking has been sitting since July 1st for 10.7k

09/20 nice condition 124060 full set sans tag sitting for an hour at 11.7k. This one is damning.

05/18 great condition Panda sold for 32.9k
pursang_ is offline  
Old 13 July 2022, 01:53 AM   #129
HelloMelo
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: New york
Posts: 586
Prices slump by up to 50% for discontinued Rolex watches (Watchpro)

Mint BLRO naked sitting for sale at 18.5 now


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HelloMelo is offline  
Old 13 July 2022, 01:57 AM   #130
SubMillennial
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: USA
Watch: Sub 41 Date
Posts: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloMelo View Post
Mint BLRO naked selling for 18.5 now


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wow. What's a 2020 then? 15, 16?

Let me know what you see stock YG DDs going for
SubMillennial is offline  
Old 13 July 2022, 02:16 AM   #131
pursang_
"TRF" Member
 
pursang_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2022
Location: DFW
Posts: 169
Three Olive RG DD40s recently:

NIB 04/21 RG Olive DD40 sold for "60k or obo" after sitting for a bit.

A used '18 full set RG Olive DD40 is sitting at 54k.

NIB 2022 full set sitting at 60.2k
pursang_ is offline  
Old 13 July 2022, 02:17 AM   #132
SeattlePNWguy
"TRF" Member
 
SeattlePNWguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Seattle
Posts: 72
This thread is really insightful, thanks all. Anybody have any recent sales data on the YG Green Dial Daytona - 116508? Feels like this one is ripe for over-pricing, but I'm curious about real transactions. Appreciate it.
SeattlePNWguy is offline  
Old 13 July 2022, 02:20 AM   #133
pursang_
"TRF" Member
 
pursang_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2022
Location: DFW
Posts: 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattlePNWguy View Post
This thread is really insightful, thanks all. Anybody have any recent sales data on the YG Green Dial Daytona - 116508? Feels like this one is ripe for over-pricing, but I'm curious about real transactions. Appreciate it.

In April a NIB one sold for 113k.

Last month a few used ones moved around 75k
pursang_ is offline  
Old 13 July 2022, 02:26 AM   #134
SeattlePNWguy
"TRF" Member
 
SeattlePNWguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Seattle
Posts: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by pursang_ View Post
In April a NIB one sold for 113k.

Last month a few used ones moved around 75k
Helpful, thanks!
SeattlePNWguy is offline  
Old 13 July 2022, 02:30 AM   #135
VegasBaby
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2021
Location: Henderson, Nevada
Posts: 356
and yet, regardless of the prices going crazy to the upside or downsize, most of you aren't buyers are either level............whining on the way up, cheerleaders on the way down....LOL!!!!!
VegasBaby is offline  
Old 13 July 2022, 02:31 AM   #136
rolexpatek363
"TRF" Member
 
rolexpatek363's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: up a hill
Posts: 1,666
The Moda people are relentless.
rolexpatek363 is offline  
Old 13 July 2022, 02:34 AM   #137
pursang_
"TRF" Member
 
pursang_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2022
Location: DFW
Posts: 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolexpatek363 View Post
The Moda people are relentless.
Everybody loves their free market capitalism until it punches them in the face.
pursang_ is offline  
Old 13 July 2022, 02:53 AM   #138
blargle
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Location: finland
Posts: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasBaby View Post
and yet, regardless of the prices going crazy to the upside or downsize, most of you aren't buyers are either level............whining on the way up, cheerleaders on the way down....LOL!!!!!
hilarious lol, you are indeed correct about 80% of posters i would imagine

i am not ashamed to admit that I'm essentially done with Rolex, was invited into one of my local ADs at the weekend and offered something I had registered for a very long time ago indeed, just no interest anymore and to both my (and particularly my ADs) surprise, i politely declined

and something tells me I'm not the only person declining 'the call' at the moment... just a hunch
blargle is offline  
Old 13 July 2022, 03:21 AM   #139
dmash
"TRF" Member
 
dmash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: USA <> BKK
Posts: 5,912
Just my 2c, and no offense to new guys who won’t care about watches once the ‘flippability’ has dissipated….

But I’d rather practically all Rolex be worth MSRP, we get done with this trend and sift out the people who don’t really care about horology. A bit tired of what’s it been like for last 3-4 years. I’m not trying to sell stuff so aftermarket pricing is irrelevant to me. Simply maintaining what I paid is wholly sufficient in my eyes.
dmash is offline  
Old 13 July 2022, 03:31 AM   #140
huncho
2024 Pledge Member
 
huncho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: nyc
Posts: 6,378
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmash View Post
Just my 2c, and no offense to new guys who won’t care about watches once the ‘flippability’ has dissipated….

But I’d rather practically all Rolex be worth MSRP, we get done with this trend and sift out the people who don’t really care about horology. A bit tired of what’s it been like for last 3-4 years. I’m not trying to sell stuff so aftermarket pricing is irrelevant to me. Simply maintaining what I paid is wholly sufficient in my eyes.
posted this in another thread but i think eventually when things settle down most will be at msrp. you'll still have 50% (or up to 100?) premiums for the special watches like olive dd, green daytona, steel daytona, pepsi, ROs, nautilus models, etc. i think the 3x+ premiums were a flat out bubble, fueled by dealers flipping and crypto going to the moon, that's obviously popped but i do legitimately see premiums not going away for a certain basket of watches. i just don't see how some of these watches will ever readily be available in cases, at least in the near future
huncho is online now  
Old 13 July 2022, 04:01 AM   #141
pursang_
"TRF" Member
 
pursang_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2022
Location: DFW
Posts: 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by huncho View Post
posted this in another thread but i think eventually when things settle down most will be at msrp. you'll still have 50% (or up to 100?) premiums for the special watches like olive dd, green daytona, steel daytona, pepsi, ROs, nautilus models, etc. i think the 3x+ premiums were a flat out bubble, fueled by dealers flipping and crypto going to the moon, that's obviously popped but i do legitimately see premiums not going away for a certain basket of watches. i just don't see how some of these watches will ever readily be available in cases, at least in the near future

I tend to agree. I suppose one counterargument could be made is that the long term desirability of green dials is unproven.

Speaking of which, three RG Olive DD40s have sold today around 60k, about 50% premium over MSRP. We'll see how that holds up.
pursang_ is offline  
Old 13 July 2022, 04:12 AM   #142
dmash
"TRF" Member
 
dmash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: USA <> BKK
Posts: 5,912
Quote:
Originally Posted by huncho View Post
posted this in another thread but i think eventually when things settle down most will be at msrp. you'll still have 50% (or up to 100?) premiums for the special watches like olive dd, green daytona, steel daytona, pepsi, ROs, nautilus models, etc. i think the 3x+ premiums were a flat out bubble, fueled by dealers flipping and crypto going to the moon, that's obviously popped but i do legitimately see premiums not going away for a certain basket of watches. i just don't see how some of these watches will ever readily be available in cases, at least in the near future
I foresee Daytona being the only ‘allocation’ type watch. Outside of like limited edition meteorite, rainbow, all that jazz. GMT and Sub were never meant to be something revered, they were simply entry levels into the brand and a solid all around daily time piece. I see them all settling around MSRP +/-10-15%

It’s still mind blowing to me what some people paid for 5711 and 15202 at the peak though. Absolutely unreal.

We’ll see though!
dmash is offline  
Old 13 July 2022, 04:15 AM   #143
HelloMelo
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: New york
Posts: 586
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmash View Post
I foresee Daytona being the only Ďallocationí type watch. Outside of like limited edition meteorite, rainbow, all that jazz. GMT and Sub were never meant to be something revered, they were simply entry levels into the brand and a solid all around daily time piece. I see them all settling around MSRP +/-10-15%

Itís still mind blowing to me what some people paid for 5711 and 15202 at the peak though. Absolutely unreal.

Weíll see though!
What about the colored OP's as well. Supposed to be an entry level piece...
HelloMelo is offline  
Old 13 July 2022, 04:19 AM   #144
dmash
"TRF" Member
 
dmash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: USA <> BKK
Posts: 5,912
Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloMelo View Post
What about the colored OP's as well. Supposed to be an entry level piece...
Honestly I get why they got so hot. Rolex capitalized on the newfound crowd who werenít all conservative horologists. They never release fun stuff like that and people absolutely LOVED it. Was a fantastic market pivot, anybody who says Rolexís entire team arenít geniuses are disillusioned.

Iíd say thatís yet to be determined. Itís weird to me though because like the red yellow green ones, I have an AD who said heís seeing less of those than he is for instance a Sub. So despite being almost half the price heís just not getting a lot.
dmash is offline  
Old 13 July 2022, 04:29 AM   #145
Kinnakeet
"TRF" Member
 
Kinnakeet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Real Name: Michelle
Location: Canada/Florida
Watch: WG Breguet Typexx
Posts: 2,717
Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloMelo View Post
What about the colored OP's as well. Supposed to be an entry level piece...
Expect soon for there to be no more green, pink or Tiffany to be shipped in any sizes. Expect them to be soon discontinued.
Kinnakeet is online now  
Old 13 July 2022, 04:31 AM   #146
AndyEdwards
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 3
Totally agree.

Last edited by AndyEdwards; 13 July 2022 at 04:33 AM.. Reason: .
AndyEdwards is offline  
Old 13 July 2022, 04:51 AM   #147
dmash
"TRF" Member
 
dmash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: USA <> BKK
Posts: 5,912
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinnakeet View Post
Expect soon for there to be no more green, pink or Tiffany to be shipped in any sizes. Expect them to be soon discontinued.
If this happens, that Tiffany dial OP will become the most sought after womenís Rolex ever. Jeez, I can see people coveting that for decades if they never release another model with that color dial.
dmash is offline  
Old 13 July 2022, 05:08 AM   #148
Kinnakeet
"TRF" Member
 
Kinnakeet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Real Name: Michelle
Location: Canada/Florida
Watch: WG Breguet Typexx
Posts: 2,717
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmash View Post
If this happens, that Tiffany dial OP will become the most sought after womenís Rolex ever. Jeez, I can see people coveting that for decades if they never release another model with that color dial.
Iím hoping to get one from my AD in Florida. Heís been good to me. Time will tell.
Kinnakeet is online now  
Old 13 July 2022, 05:13 AM   #149
axelfoley
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: NY
Posts: 37
Does anyone have experience actually buying on MODA? Can the sellers be trusted? They "vouch" for one another but I don't know how much weight to give that...
axelfoley is offline  
Old 13 July 2022, 05:18 AM   #150
Kingranch
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2022
Location: Texas
Watch: DSSD
Posts: 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desperadoes View Post
You guys are making me itching for a Turquoise addition

Those watches are doing what they should be doing, distracting you from the nasty In and Out hamburger joint.

__________________
It is only treason if you lose.
Kingranch is offline  
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

OCWatches

DavidSW Watches

Bernard Watches

Takuya Watches

My Watch LLC


*Banners Of The Month*
This space is provided to horological resources.





Copyright ©2004-2024, The Rolex Forums. All Rights Reserved.

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Rolex is a registered trademark of ROLEX USA. The Rolex Forums is not affiliated with ROLEX USA in any way.