The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 14 July 2020, 12:25 PM   #1
thesingularity7
"TRF" Member

Limes Endurance GMT Review

This was a fun one to review. I had the opportunity to spend a few weeks with the Limes Endurance GMT watch. Limes is belongs to the Ickler company that also makes Archimede watches. I gravitated towards the Endurance GMT because (1) it's blue and (2) I really liked the angular case design.

You can read my full review here - https://www.beansandbezels.com/revie...ce-gmt-review/

And there's a video review here - https://youtu.be/GYdEzRJ2aKc

To quickly summarize for those not interested in reading / watching:
  • Interesting design that is very aggressive / utilitarian
  • Excellent case construction
  • Fantastic bracelet
  • One of the best crown/guard designs I've experienced
  • Easily legible dial (even though there's a lot going on)
  • Very good date window integration
  • Some bezel movement (vertical)
  • No bezel back-play
  • Dial finishing is good (noticed one or two dust particles and some stray paint particles under the macro lens)
  • Very good lume on hands, good lume on indices

Onto the good stuff - pictures:

Overview:

Case:

Dial:

Case - Bracelet - Bezel:

Lume shot:

Thanks for looking / reading / watching! I'm happy to continue discussing this watch here.

thesingularity7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 July 2020, 07:56 PM   #2
Psmith
"TRF" Member

Watch: spring-driven
Nice review Sir

I like the watch although the bright blue dial with red seems a bit harsh, at least in the pics. The black version probably more to my taste. One personal nit-pick is that I don't like the "beaver's teeth" 12 o' clock marker. The hardware looks good, as you'd hope from Ickler. Combining a diver and a GMT will hopefully provide a reasonable value proposition at the price point.
Old 14 July 2020, 11:20 PM   #3
thesingularity7
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psmith View Post
Nice review Sir

I like the watch although the bright blue dial with red seems a bit harsh, at least in the pics. The black version probably more to my taste. One personal nit-pick is that I don't like the "beaver's teeth" 12 o' clock marker. The hardware looks good, as you'd hope from Ickler. Combining a diver and a GMT will hopefully provide a reasonable value proposition at the price point.
Thank you for taking a look, I appreciate it!

The funny thing is the blue dial isn't actually bright blue, and is purple-ish instead. It's just that my amateur photography skills couldn't capture the subtle difference between dial and bezel colors.

This photograph shows off the colors best I think:

Yeah the beaver's teeth is a hit-or-miss I think. I like it in terms of functionality - it's very easy to line-up the seconds hand at 12 o'clock while hacking because of the little space between the teeth.

Yeah I think its a solid watch for $1500. But for those chasing just the 'GMT' complication, there's a bunch of microbrands putting out watches at $750 and even below that
thesingularity7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 July 2020, 01:35 PM   #4
Psmith
"TRF" Member

Watch: spring-driven
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesingularity7 View Post
Thank you for taking a look, I appreciate it!

The funny thing is the blue dial isn't actually bright blue, and is purple-ish instead. It's just that my amateur photography skills couldn't capture the subtle difference between dial and bezel colors.

This photograph shows off the colors best I think:

Yeah the beaver's teeth is a hit-or-miss I think. I like it in terms of functionality - it's very easy to line-up the seconds hand at 12 o'clock while hacking because of the little space between the teeth.

Yeah I think its a solid watch for $1500. But for those chasing just the 'GMT' complication, there's a bunch of microbrands putting out watches at $750 and even below that
Ah yes, I see the dial color better in the latest pic. $1,500 does seem a bit spendy even with that case and bracelet, although VAT is deducted if buying from outside the EU.

Tags
gmt watch , limes endurance , limes endurance gmt , limes watch , limes watch review