The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 16 April 2020, 03:24 AM   #1
WhiteRhino
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD43
Omega AD Discount ?

Can anyone give me an idea of what an AD may discount? I'm hearing anywhere from 10-30 % off MSRP, but wanted some input from you guys. I know the market is crazy now, so that may factor in. I'm salivating over the Seamaster Pro with the white face and black bezel on rubber.
WhiteRhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 April 2020, 03:44 AM   #2
mmaggi
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710
Really depends on the watch. Speedmasters should be 15%-20% as well as Seamasters has been the experience with friends of mine who have recently purchased from ADs.
mmaggi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 April 2020, 04:51 AM   #3
Amazing Lady
Banned

Watch: Rolex, Patek
Depends on the AD. 0% at a boutique.
Amazing Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 April 2020, 05:00 AM   #4
Talbel
"TRF" Member

As others have said, it depends on the AD. I typically get 25%, but I have a very strong relationship and I don’t think that is the norm. I would say 15% - 20% would be realistic depending on the model based, on my conversations when browsing other AD’s. I wouldn’t count on any discount at a boutique.
Talbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 April 2020, 05:33 AM   #5
trippinjimmy
"TRF" Member

I bought 4 in the past 6 months
From ADs
15% off two tone SMPc
30% off sapphire sandwich
30% off white SMPc on bracelet
From boutique
5% off plus no tax meteorite GSOTM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
trippinjimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 April 2020, 06:48 AM   #6
Amazing Lady
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by trippinjimmy View Post
I bought 4 in the past 6 months
From ADs
15% off two tone SMPc
30% off sapphire sandwich
30% off white SMPc on bracelet
From boutique
5% off plus no tax meteorite GSOTM

That's unusual to get a discount from a boutique, the two that I frequent that won't happen. But I have never really pushed or was ready to buy, they were up front about no discount.
Old 16 April 2020, 07:13 AM   #7
Emich
"TRF" Member

25% off Aqua Terra 150M on bracelet from out of state AD. I never did business with them before. Hope this helps!
Emich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 April 2020, 09:34 AM   #8
WhiteRhino
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD43
Let me ask a dumb question. If the Omega Boutiques refuse to discount how do they sell anything when you can go down the street to and AD and get a discount? Who would ever buy from the boutique. I guess some people dont care and will pay sticker.
WhiteRhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 April 2020, 09:56 AM   #9
Amazing Lady
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteRhino View Post
Let me ask a dumb question. If the Omega Boutiques refuse to discount how do they sell anything when you can go down the street to and AD and get a discount? Who would ever buy from the boutique. I guess some people dont care and will pay sticker.
I have wondered the same. The two I have frequented are in wealthy area frequented by tourists.
Old 16 April 2020, 10:33 AM   #10
trippinjimmy
"TRF" Member

Quote:

They provide an experience when you purchase, as well extend invitations to exclusive events/possibility to get first dibs on le pieces, etc.

The boutique will discount tax if you’re pushy enough and ready to buy...I’m still kinda dumbfounded I got anything extra off of that.

My situation was unique, since no two meteorite dials look the same, and I loved the pattern on the one I purchased. Had it been any other mass produced watch, I would have bought from an AD.

trippinjimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 April 2020, 10:50 AM   #11
JayB
"TRF" Member

Watch: EXP, DJ, NF
Quote:
If the Omega Boutiques refuse to discount how do they sell anything when you can go down the street to and AD and get a discount? Who would ever buy from the boutique.
Your assuming everyone knows discounts are available, this and other watch communities are probably not a fair example of the general public.

Rolex Explorer -- Rolex Datejust -- Tudor North Flag -- Omega De Ville Trésor -- Tudor Black Bay GMT -- Omega Speedmaster Professional -- Tudor Black Bay Fifty Eight
JayB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 April 2020, 12:22 PM   #12
texasmade
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP RO 15400, FOIS
Quote:
My first watch I bought was an Omega Seamaster from a boutique. I didn't know any better at the time that discounts are readily available and bought from the boutique. Now I just go to the boutique to buy accessories.
texasmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2020, 01:25 AM   #13
samson66
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: my money leaving!
I was offered 15% on a Moonphase. I'm a regular but that was the best they would do. This is a high volume AD so they don't need to discount to move product.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S10 using Tapatalk
samson66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2020, 10:00 AM   #14
myporsche
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex♠Lange
15%-20% sounds right depending if the particular AD will discount, although ADs are all closed now.
myporsche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 April 2020, 01:33 AM   #15
Bluebirdwatch1
"TRF" Member

Like everyone else says it depends on the location, also depends on the piece and how long they’ve had it etc kinda like a car dealer works

Bluebirdwatch1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 August 2020, 01:49 PM   #16
startrolexendrolex
"TRF" Member

Before 25% on most maybe 30 if your buying one that been in the case for a while. Now adays 15 to 20% but not on new releases.

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk
startrolexendrolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 August 2020, 02:21 PM   #17
Seamaster59
"TRF" Member

20% on smp 4 months ago, AD, never been before.
Seamaster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 August 2020, 01:16 PM   #18
Tenebris Equum
Banned

Watch: Speedy and Pepsi
What saves me from over spending on new Omega purchases is going on chrono24. TWC is always a very competitive Japanese grey dealer, i use his prices to secure my omega watches from my local AD's or grey market shops.

Worst case scenario I buy from him directly and pay our local tax on it. On majority of the Omega watches I have bought or looked at buying he was 40% off rrp.

Bloody easy to get Omegas at a decent discount.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
Tenebris Equum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 August 2020, 10:21 AM   #19
RoscoPico
"TRF" Member

Watch: ingMe,WatchingYou.
I believe even at boutiques you can get 20% off no ?
RoscoPico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 August 2020, 11:15 AM   #20
texasmade
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoscoPico View Post
I believe even at boutiques you can get 20% off no ?
No not very likely at a boutique.
Old 8 August 2020, 12:10 AM   #21
irate.alien
"TRF" Member

Quote:

The boutiques are there first and foremost to get Omegas in front of eyeballs. They cannot compete with Rolex on brand recognition, so having flagship locations with very friendly staff is important. Second, they're always in very upscale locations where many of the potential buyers just might not care about saving 15%. The one where I live is in a very fancy mall full of Chinese and Gulf tourists. Lastly, Omega's business model seems to be "get as many watches on wrists as possible." You can have almost any watch you want (all those "special editions") at any price you want (boutique, AD, gray). They're all about sucking up that consumer surplus in pricing. If you spot a watch that you like at a boutique and buy it from Jomashop, that's a win in Omega corporate's book.
Old 8 August 2020, 01:52 AM   #22
texasmade
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by irate.alien View Post
The boutiques are there first and foremost to get Omegas in front of eyeballs. They cannot compete with Rolex on brand recognition, so having flagship locations with very friendly staff is important. Second, they're always in very upscale locations where many of the potential buyers just might not care about saving 15%. The one where I live is in a very fancy mall full of Chinese and Gulf tourists. Lastly, Omega's business model seems to be "get as many watches on wrists as possible." You can have almost any watch you want (all those "special editions") at any price you want (boutique, AD, gray). They're all about sucking up that consumer surplus in pricing. If you spot a watch that you like at a boutique and buy it from Jomashop, that's a win in Omega corporate's book.
A couple more points to add
1. Boutiques will get first crack at LE watches so if you want an in-demand LE, you better have some relationship with the boutique.
2. Boutiques will have boat loads of accessories to sell unlike AD's. You bought a new Speedypro but want a strap with deployant. Go to the boutique. They'll have a huge range to choose from. You don't like the current bracelet. No problem. The boutique will order you a bracelet. Omega's position is we'll sell you any accessory for your watch as long as it fits properly.