The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex WatchTech

Closed Thread

Old 14 February 2020, 01:24 AM   #151
micasol
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Daytona
Have restarted

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk
Old 14 February 2020, 01:37 AM   #152
micasol
"TRF" Member

Old 14 February 2020, 03:47 AM   #153
micasol
"TRF" Member

Hands on, now just have to go in it’s cas

Old 14 February 2020, 04:29 AM   #154
micasol
"TRF" Member

And in case , now going to made all necessary tests before delivery

Old 14 February 2020, 05:52 AM   #155
micasol
"TRF" Member

And it’s timegrapher in case and without oscillating mass

Old 14 February 2020, 09:50 AM   #156
watchmaker
TechXpert

So when you said you were going to stop making fake Rolex watches and violating trademark laws that was....a lie?
Old 14 February 2020, 05:02 PM   #157
micasol
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by watchmaker View Post
So when you said you were going to stop making fake Rolex watches and violating trademark laws that was....a lie?

Fake Rolex??? Wtf bro?? Can’t you made the difference? Maybe you need learn more about Daytona.
More seriously nothing fake on those, even crystal it’s a stock one engraved!!!! Others like artisans de Genève, DIW or others are building especially parts for the movement, dials even cases, do you consider those as a fake watch? They engraved crystal too, they don’t have the right for to my knowledge, after like told previously I fit this one to see how look and if new owner wants it he will have to made it engraved, when made delivery of this watch should be without this engraved crystal but a stock one.

Old 14 February 2020, 08:51 PM   #158
watchmaker
TechXpert

I've said before the issue I have is advertising with someone else's trademarks. If as you say, you do not sell these anymore with 'Rolex' 'Daytona' etc markings, then great. I think it's an awesome customised watch. But it is no longer a Daytona, and it is no longer a Rolex. Those words are the intellectual property of a different company.

Quote:
Originally Posted by micasol View Post
Fake Rolex??? Wtf bro?? Can’t you made the difference? Maybe you need learn more about Daytona.
I understand perfectly thanks.

Quote:
More seriously nothing fake on those, even crystal it’s a stock one engraved!!!!
Now, that's not true! The dial, bezel, and glass case back are not genuine (aka fake).

Quote:
Others like artisans de Genève, DIW or others are building especially parts for the movement, dials even cases, do you consider those as a fake watch?
Yes.

To be clear, this isn't personal. I'd say the same to anyone else posting on here. From a technical perspective I think your watches are cool. But you cannot use other people's trademarks on things you have made.
Old 14 February 2020, 09:38 PM   #159
watchmaker
TechXpert

My opinion is changing slightly having just read your post on a replica watch forum where you say: 'Happy new year all RWI members, for this year I am looking to build those skeleton at more affordable price using a rep base*, those will be machine cut with hand finishing, movement will be an hybrid means using all gen wheels/jewels with of course the gen balance wheel, I will use for those a gen one I have already handmade, this one which is waiting it’s rainbow dial'

*rep being short for reproduction...meaning fake.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...daytona/page25 (post 368)
Old 14 February 2020, 09:51 PM   #160
micasol
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by watchmaker View Post
My opinion is changing slightly having just read your post on a replica watch forum where you say: 'Happy new year all RWI members, for this year I am looking to build those skeleton at more affordable price using a rep base*, those will be machine cut with hand finishing, movement will be an hybrid means using all gen wheels/jewels with of course the gen balance wheel, I will use for those a gen one I have already handmade, this one which is waiting it’s rainbow dial'

*rep being short for reproduction...meaning fake.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...daytona/page25 (post 368)

And didn’t do it

Old 14 February 2020, 10:07 PM   #161
micasol
"TRF" Member

And if you read all you could see that all build are on original 116520 base and even if I received many demands to build those using rep base I never did it and will not do it.

But however doesn’t change nothing, your only point of view is so reduce to the fact that dial/bezel/case back not original!!!

Just to be clear those I sold at the exception of one were with the stock crystal not the engraved one, all I sold were as skeleton Daytona and not as Rolex Daytona, and finally owners know perfectly what they have bought.

Am I here to sell them? Certainly not, just share what I have done. Am I member on RWI? Yes I am, could like this made differences between the rep movement and the original one and improved my skills with those rep base movements even if finally I have used my own original Daytona, and members on RWI are not monkeys, Have I something to hide? Nope nothing, and for sure couldn’t sell any rep because I know too much differences between the original one!!
Did I build skeleton using rep bases? Nope, will I? Nope even if I could and even if it make me earning money, I have too much respect for my work and don’t want destroy it by building those on rep base.

At least thanks for your appreciation of my build, and I thank you for your comments about the trademark, like told are not sold with this crystal. And if you wants asked me something else, please feel free.

Old 15 February 2020, 08:19 AM   #162
saskmh
"TRF" Member

Interesting thread.
Old 15 February 2020, 07:19 PM   #163
micasol
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskmh View Post
Interesting thread.

Thanks

Now some others explanations, most of us don’t know what’s looking the 4130 movement, here’s a pic of the watch and it’s movement I used for skeleton

I always made pics of timegrapher of base watch to compared it after the skeleton job, just to check if I did a good job and if movement is working same/better or maybe worth than originally,
Movement stock full wind outside of case and without dial/hands/rotor

Stock movement in case full wind with dial/hands/rotor

And what’s looking now

Timegrapher in case with dial/hands full wind without rotor after now 48 hours was assembled

After 24 hours without been wearing and without rotor rating between 307 to 311 amplitude but didn’t make pics.

So is the movement working same as originally? Would says better, you could think is normal because all wheels changed by newer and movement full servicing, but not so easy, what you have to know is when made this kind of build, you could easily bent one of the bridges and if that will have some huge consequences on how movement running.

The 4130 is the most awesomeness chrono movement according to me, but it’s also really technically, for exemplary happened lost of amplitudes because chrono bridge bent, no common but happened. So imagine when you cut by hands how easy could be bent this bridge or others.
Assembly job is not difficult, would says that all watchmaker could do it, just order of assembly is slightly different from a stock movement, most difficult is the control of cutting bridges and if they are bent or not. When I begin the job I fit out all insetting jewels on mainplate and train wheels bridge, easy because those are full, but not same story to fit in those after cutting job, and same for rest of bridges.
It’s same for jewels, I didn’t fit them out, not necessary, but some of them could move during the cutting process, so after check all bridges not bent I check all jewels are well in and not moved, i do that because one time had one that moved, the one of third wheel on mainplate, was a nightmare before I found what was the problem!!

All I have build are running better than originally, all base donor Daytonas were not newer too, but last one was freshly serviced.
Have learned and improved skills and knowledge to be able made this job and finally have a watch that is working strongly with the most awesomeness chrono movement that now could be seen.

Old 21 February 2020, 11:00 PM   #164
marshallr47
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona,TT Sub,GMT
An incredible job! The watch in my opinion looks great! Thank you for sharing.
Old 22 February 2020, 02:38 AM   #165
micasol
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallr47 View Post
An incredible job! The watch in my opinion looks great! Thank you for sharing.

Thanks

Old 22 February 2020, 07:57 AM   #166
marcusm1
"TRF" Member

This is fantastic work! Interested to see where you're taking it next, and will look forward to future pictures
Old 22 February 2020, 11:52 AM   #167
Vicc
"TRF" Member

Watch: Broad Arrow
I'm a watchmaker and this thread made me clench my butt, but I'm glad things worked out!
Old 22 February 2020, 08:27 PM   #168
micasol
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcusm1 View Post
This is fantastic work! Interested to see where you're taking it next, and will look forward to future pictures

Thanks really appreciate, next one should be really amazing, am thinking design cut of last one, movement color in grey not in black, a diamond princess cut diamonds bezel on a red rubber B .
Let’s see how is going look, will begin it next week.

Old 22 February 2020, 08:33 PM   #169
micasol
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicc View Post
I'm a watchmaker and this thread made me clench my butt, but I'm glad things worked out!

Me too , now i feel really confortable on doing them.
I need now find a newer process for polish bridges, would like to have something more soft, a satin finish, at this moment make some tests with different kind of emery papers, but still not goal am looking for .

Old 22 February 2020, 08:39 PM   #170
micasol
"TRF" Member

The last one that is now in Dubail

Old 28 February 2020, 06:57 AM   #171
micasol
"TRF" Member

The next one in progress

Old 29 February 2020, 03:32 AM   #172
micasol
"TRF" Member

All parts are now ended and ready for black, here’s macros shots by 2/5/10 of mainplate

Old 6 March 2020, 04:52 AM   #173
micasol
"TRF" Member

Movement assembled

Old 7 March 2020, 01:05 AM   #174
micasol
"TRF" Member

Not definitive bezel, next week should have the diamond princess cut one, auto wind module not in, for moment I test watch on wrist without it

Old 18 May 2020, 03:35 PM   #175
SeeDweller
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 5212 (blasphemy!)
Just came across this thread. I'm astounded by your sheer balls to attempt this. I just swapped out my bezel insert on a Pepsi 16750, so I could wear it in black for awhile, and I was SO proud of myself.

As far as some of the previous comments, I'm ashamed of anyone who would make disparaging comments about what you're doing. They're YOUR watches, and you are obviously NOT trying to market them as anything but exactly what they are - - a highly "customized" version of an original Rolex.

What drives me crazy is seeing fake watches, imitating something that DOES really exist (e.g. a blue dial SS Skydweller, but it's a "custom" dial on it) - - that, ... I call a "fake". . That has NOTHING to do with what you're doing!

You, my friend, are an artist, and while even the final result doesn't have the fit and finish of a Vacheron or a Patek . . . you are getting better and better, and the saga of your experimentation has been a delightful read.

Reality is . . . Rolex should offer to hire you and let you go wild in their R&D department. With your imagination, and their guidance (and detail in the manufacturing), you would have a masterpiece!!

Carry on, Sir! Hat's off to you, with my absolute respect!
'21 116506 (Daytona, Blue dial)..|..... '22 116508 (Daytona, Green dial)
'21 126619LB (Submariner, Blue) ...|... '20 126710-BLNR (GMT-II, Batgirl)

.... and still trying to scratch that itch!.....
Old 28 May 2020, 09:45 PM   #176
Horus Ra
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, Omega.
Very well done. How many Daytona samples did you destroy to do this? Remarkable work. Regards
Old 28 May 2020, 10:10 PM   #177
danbl68
2024 Pledge Member

I commend you, this was so fulfilling to scroll and watch you put together...it is beautiful! Great job!
Old 2 June 2020, 08:44 PM   #178
micasol
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeDweller View Post
Just came across this thread. I'm astounded by your sheer balls to attempt this. I just swapped out my bezel insert on a Pepsi 16750, so I could wear it in black for awhile, and I was SO proud of myself.

As far as some of the previous comments, I'm ashamed of anyone who would make disparaging comments about what you're doing. They're YOUR watches, and you are obviously NOT trying to market them as anything but exactly what they are - - a highly "customized" version of an original Rolex.

What drives me crazy is seeing fake watches, imitating something that DOES really exist (e.g. a blue dial SS Skydweller, but it's a "custom" dial on it) - - that, ... I call a "fake". . That has NOTHING to do with what you're doing!

You, my friend, are an artist, and while even the final result doesn't have the fit and finish of a Vacheron or a Patek . . . you are getting better and better, and the saga of your experimentation has been a delightful read.

Reality is . . . Rolex should offer to hire you and let you go wild in their R&D department. With your imagination, and their guidance (and detail in the manufacturing), you would have a masterpiece!!

Carry on, Sir! Hat's off to you, with my absolute respect!

Thanks bro for your words, really appreciate, was a really heavy huge job to build those, and it’s only the beginning, look at those following pics the differences
Old batche on right vs newer one, really another level on all

Old 2 June 2020, 08:46 PM   #179
micasol
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horus Ra View Post
Very well done. How many Daytona samples did you destroy to do this? Remarkable work. Regards

Thanks , 7 complete movements were necessary to succeed improving knowledge and skills

Old 2 June 2020, 08:46 PM   #180
micasol
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by danbl68 View Post
I commend you, this was so fulfilling to scroll and watch you put together...it is beautiful! Great job!

Closed Thread