The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 14 July 2023, 04:02 AM   #31
KatGirl
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Watch: 126233 Wimbledon T
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Oyster View Post
A business model change would be something like removing ADs and taking ownership of all boutiques, or building to request and fulfilling online. Neither of these are happening. Rolex continues to build watches and their go to market remains through independent ADs that Rolex vet and continue to monitor to maximize the purchase and ownership experience. Rolex wants to remain an aspirational brand, so they closely control everything, but this is not a change in business model. It is a constant refinement in reputation management just as they continuously refine their watches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I saw the thread title, I expected he was going to say they are getting rid of ADs, and opening Company owned boutiques, or something along those lines, as well….

Kat

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
KatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 July 2023, 05:04 AM   #32
Calatrava r
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex and Patek
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandrea View Post
It will be interesting to see how this thread and many others like it, age with time
Didn't we just have two here and one on the Patek subforum?
Calatrava r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 July 2023, 05:09 AM   #33
Calatrava r
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex and Patek
It is true that many posters here say "my AD offered me" this or that as an incoming. Not sure what it all means as we are told by ADs there are waiting lists for most models. Perhaps, it just sounds better than saying my name finally came up on the list. There are also a lot of posters saying they turned down whatever watch their AD offered them. In the current market why would an AD offer anyone a watch they did not request. Seems like placing watches with people who did not request them is a good way to encourage rapid re-selling or flipping.
Calatrava r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 July 2023, 05:18 AM   #34
Harry-57
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdaytona View Post
Now, AD decides who gets to buy a Rolex hence AD-driven sale.
It's not a Rolex business plan, it's AD owners exhibiting human behaviour, running their businesses as they see fit and maximising profits. They can sell to whoever they want, and they do. They will sell an Omega or Breitling to anyone who walks in the door. Omega's business plan doesn't require ADs to sell at below MSRP, but they do. That's business.
Harry-57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 July 2023, 06:16 AM   #35
Nads786
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT BLNR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calatrava r View Post
It is true that many posters here say "my AD offered me" this or that as an incoming. Not sure what it all means as we are told by ADs there are waiting lists for most models. Perhaps, it just sounds better than saying my name finally came up on the list. There are also a lot of posters saying they turned down whatever watch their AD offered them. In the current market why would an AD offer anyone a watch they did not request. Seems like placing watches with people who did not request them is a good way to encourage rapid re-selling or flipping.

I can think of scenarios where you go above and beyond to delight a client that spends $100K annually on jewelry.

Think of it as a retention play - keep buying jewelry with me and you'll get random Rolex prizes.
Nads786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 July 2023, 08:59 AM   #36
WilsdorfNDavis
"TRF" Member

"My AD said..."