The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 16 October 2020, 03:53 PM   #1
Goose 104
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126622
Quote:
Originally Posted by holdingon View Post
the president is too flashy for today's era. I would be very reluctant to wear one even if i had the money (and i don't)
Do you think it is more flashy than say a PM Submariner? I'm not sure because it is smaller and the design lends itself more to PM you could argue? Attitudes to two tone and PM have changed over time but I think you just have to buy what you like and what you are comfortable wearing. Personally I am very comfortable wearing this piece in the same way as my Yacht-Master but I would be careful in some parts of London etc. My ideal PM Rolex is actually the white gold Daytona blue dial which is a bit more under the radar perhaps.
Old 17 October 2020, 04:02 AM   #2
holdingon
"TRF" Member

see
holdingon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 October 2020, 04:04 AM   #3
holdingon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goose 104 View Post
Do you think it is more flashy than say a PM Submariner? I'm not sure because it is smaller and the design lends itself more to PM you could argue? Attitudes to two tone and PM have changed over time but I think you just have to buy what you like and what you are comfortable wearing. Personally I am very comfortable wearing this piece in the same way as my Yacht-Master but I would be careful in some parts of London etc. My ideal PM Rolex is actually the white gold Daytona blue dial which is a bit more under the radar perhaps.
I can only tell you what i have experienced in the USA. I live in an urban environment and mostly rely/relied on public transports (subway/bus/bike) and given the charged political environment since this summer and the public health crisis, i am reluctant to wear a full gold watch out. The world is not "normal" just yet.

i get it the girls wear their diamond rings all day, but something like a full yellow gold watch is more in your face and makes you a target. Sure if you live in a gated community with private parking every where you roll then its fine...but where i live that's only for mega billionaires. This is a hobby...sometimes being low key has its values.
holdingon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
76200 , 76213 , president , tudor