The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 7 February 2018, 08:50 AM   #1
stratguy
"TRF" Member

Watch: Speedmaster Pro
The definitive Speedmaster adjustable clasp thread

I have been trying to get an adjustable clasp for my Speedmaster (version with the screwed bracelet). My local Omega boutique was unbelievably helpful in getting this squared away for me. Here is what we found. There was another thread on here that indicated that the parts required are:

Clasp - 117STZ001154
End links - 118STZ000015 (quantity 2)

We tried this configuration. The clasp is good, however the end links as specified above are from a Speedmaster Mk II, and they are not the correct shape. They fit, but they don't sit properly. The side profile of the Speedmaster link is an oval shape, whereas the side profile for the Mk II end links is a wedge that is very odd. As soon as they put them on, I knew it wasn't right. We then installed the 118ST1589 end links from the Seamaster line, and they fit perfect.

So, in summary, you need quantity of 1 (part number 117STZ001154) and quantity of 2 (part number 118ST1589).

The total cost of the 3 pieces was $213, and it makes a fantastic watch even more incredible.

One other note regarding this change. The adjustable clasp is longer than the original clasp, which looks better to my eye. The other notable difference is that the clasp only has Omega and the Omega logo. It doesn't have Speedmaster Professional engraved. It definitely has a cleaner look. Overall, I'm thrilled.

Hope this helps anyone looking to upgrade your Speedmaster.
stratguy is offline   Reply With Quote