The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 21 October 2018, 11:31 PM   #1
Vipes
"TRF" Member

Rolex 116519LN

Hello all,

I’ve been itching for a new Rolex. Probably won’t get the SS BLRO and white Daytona any time soon from my AD. I’ve been looking at the WG Daytona on Oysterflex and wanted some opinions. I still haven’t seen this piece at an AD.

Do you guys see this piece at ADs? Is it still hard to get from an AD? Is the Oysterflex comfy and does it move around on the wrist? I have the black dial Daytona-C and would this scenario be redundant? Thanks for entertaining my questions!
Vipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 October 2018, 11:51 PM   #2
avega357
Banned

Watch: Rolex GMT's BLNR
Get the daytona C or the GMT BLRO, get what you really want.
avega357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 October 2018, 12:12 AM   #3
drmizzou
"TRF" Member

Watch: Collector!
I don’t think it would be redundant at all. I have the wg Daytona and once appropriately sized the oysterflex fits like a glove. These are also extremely popular and I have yet to see one in any ADs case. I waited about 4 months for mine but only got it because of my purchase history there. Another AD I have used in the past has yet to call me on this piece and it’s been 6 months (obviously I’d turn it down since I already have it). Good luck!
Pepsi GMT 126710BLRO
White DaytonaC 116500
Omega Seamaster 50th Anniv Bond OHMSS
Omega Seamaster Bond titanium
drmizzou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 October 2018, 12:14 AM   #4
TimeToWatch
Banned

Watch: Rolex & AP
My AD has only received one 116519LN this year which I was lucky enough to pick up out of the case. I believe they’ve actually received more 116500s. They were a bit surprised by the lack of inventory last we spoke. So, although I was able to buy one out of the case, I’m not sure if this a common occurrence these days. I’ve spoken with a few other ADs who have all told me the watch is on waitlist and very hard to get. I think this is largely due to spill off from 116500 FOMO. Given the lack of availability and inflated prices of SS, WG is suddenly starting to make a lot more sense (especially when it looks better than SS too ;))

Regarding comfort, the Oysterflex is arguably more comfortable than an Oyster bracelet. The watch is noticeably heavier than a SS watch, even though it lacks the PM bracelet. With this said, it stays nice and balanced on the wrist. I think this watch is the perfect compliment to a 116500 and they aren’t redundant.
TimeToWatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 October 2018, 12:18 AM   #5
Token74
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many!
The 116519LN is my favourite Rolex and it’s up against some pretty stiff competition in my collection.

Once the OF bracelet has been properly sized (this took a while) it is super comfortable.

My 116500 has had almost no wrist time since I’ve had the 116519 and frankly it’s likely on borrowed time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Patek Philippe Nautilus 5990 - AP Royal Oak 15300 - AP Royal Oak 15450 Blue - AP Royal Oak 15450 Silver - AP Royal Oak Offshore 26480 - Royal Oak Offshore 15710 - Rolex Sea Dweller 116600 - Rolex Daytona 116519 - Rolex GMT 126710 BLRO - Omega Speedmaster Reduced - JLC Reverso GMT Moonphase - TAG Microtimer - Dent Pocket Watch - JLC Atmos Phases de lune
Token74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 October 2018, 04:29 AM   #6
Vipes
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Token74 View Post
The 116519LN is my favourite Rolex and it’s up against some pretty stiff competition in my collection.

Once the OF bracelet has been properly sized (this took a while) it is super comfortable.

My 116500 has had almost no wrist time since I’ve had the 116519 and frankly it’s likely on borrowed time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Really nice!
Old 22 October 2018, 05:35 AM   #7
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

get it.... get it immediately. Its by far my favorite daytona. OF is the best rubber strap ever. Nothing else is close IMO.
current collection: Patek 5164A, Patek 5524G, Rolex Platinum Daytona 116506, Rolex Sea Dweller 43 126600, Rolex GMT II 116710LN, AP 15400ST (silver), Panerai 913, Omega Speedmaster moonwatch, Tudor Black Bay (Harrods Edition)
tyler1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 October 2018, 05:38 AM   #8
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeToWatch View Post
My AD has only received one 116519LN this year which I was lucky enough to pick up out of the case. I believe they’ve actually received more 116500s.
same with my AD... they have had 1 since launch. I was offered a SS daytona C a while back and again recently because they still couldn't get a WG OF one. Im not in a hurry, but it was interesting that the SS versions are easier to get.
current collection: Patek 5164A, Patek 5524G, Rolex Platinum Daytona 116506, Rolex Sea Dweller 43 126600, Rolex GMT II 116710LN, AP 15400ST (silver), Panerai 913, Omega Speedmaster moonwatch, Tudor Black Bay (Harrods Edition)
Old 22 October 2018, 05:44 AM   #9
duc888
"TRF" Member

I had the opportunity to purchase this piece after I bought my Daytona C but it didn´t give me any benefit compared to my C. So the next customer could be happy.
If you are not really after the WG I would pass and wait for the saught models.
Here is a picture as I tried it on at my AD.
duc888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 October 2018, 07:08 AM   #10
Vipes
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler1980 View Post
get it.... get it immediately. Its by far my favorite daytona. OF is the best rubber strap ever. Nothing else is close IMO.
Quite the endorsement for Oysterflex. Thanks.
Old 22 October 2018, 08:09 AM   #11
rmlovett1
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: YTBD
It’s a great watch! The OF is very comfortable. I’d think the black dial 500 will be a bit redundant if wearing both often. I think if I were going to keep both, I’d keep the 500 white, along with the WG. I have a feeling if you get this piece, the SS may see quite a bit less time...unless you prefer to rotate OF and bracelet.
rmlovett1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22 October 2018, 09:50 AM   #12
PoderEsBueno
"TRF" Member

It took me a little time to adapt to the OF as it sits slightly higher on the wrist compared to the Oyster bracelet. Also i remember having marks on my wrist developed from the fins underneath the OF band due to tight wear. Once i found the right adjustment by adding the correct size in each side, this issue was solved. The heft and the sunburst dial is addictive, you won't regret it
Old 22 October 2018, 10:06 AM   #13
Vipes
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richris1 View Post
It’s a great watch! The OF is very comfortable. I’d think the black dial 500 will be a bit redundant if wearing both often. I think if I were going to keep both, I’d keep the 500 white, along with the WG. I have a feeling if you get this piece, the SS may see quite a bit less time...unless you prefer to rotate OF and bracelet.
I’ve always been interested in this piece but concerned with fit of the Oysterflex. I think we have similar size wrist. What size strap do you have on yours? Thanks
Old 22 October 2018, 10:07 AM   #14
doubleclass
Banned

Get a white Daytona you would love it.
doubleclass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 October 2018, 10:10 AM   #15
Vipes
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleclass View Post
Get a white Daytona you would love it.
Trying to but looks like it will take a long time from my AD.
Old 22 October 2018, 10:15 AM   #16
accountank2000
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116519LN, 79220R
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoderEsBueno View Post
It took me a little time to adapt to the OF as it sits slightly higher on the wrist compared to the Oyster bracelet. Also i remember having marks on my wrist developed from the fins underneath the OF band due to tight wear. Once i found the right adjustment by adding the correct size in each side, this issue was solved. The heft and the sunburst dial is addictive, you won't regret it
Out of interest, does 'higher on the wrist' mean higher up your body (up towards your elbow) or further towards your hand / fingertips?

I'm curious about sizing an OF. People on here have said it took them a while to get it just right, but the clasp only has a few mm of adjustment and I might want that for natural changes late in a hot sweaty day, so the only solution is to change out the straps entirely for a combination that works better, right?

So do ADs let you take a strap homewith your new purchase and wear it before you get happy with it, allowing a return? Or do you just splash out another few hundred ££ or $$ a few months down the line to get a better strap of a better size? Likewise if I'm a bit chubby and aiming to lose 30lbs over the next year and some of that's from my left wrist... is it easy enough to find the straps in all shapes and sizes from reliable TS/grey, or is it back to the dealer again with wallet outstretched?

I can imagine an OF is somewhat cheaper than sold steel or gold, but assume it would run me more than an equivalent non OEM like an Everest if I needed to find an extra 5mm beyond the natural adjustment available in the clasp?
accountank2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 October 2018, 10:58 AM   #17
PoderEsBueno
"TRF" Member

I meant bulkier. It wraps the wrist differently, almost makes the watch sits slightly further away from your wrist compared to the Oyster bracelet. Not good or bad, just the way it wears is different. This was the first thing i noticed once i started wearing it for the first week.

I believe it is delivered with the EE-EF code straps from the AD. They measure your wrist and they will replace the right ones for you if the standard size doesn't fit your wrist. EE-EF was large for me so i ended up getting ED size for one side which is a smaller piece. After wearing ED-EF combo for a week, i noticed i wasn't very comfortable so i added another EE size to try EE-EE combo on both sides and that worked perfect for me.

I am sure they will have the right size for your wrist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by accountank2000 View Post
Out of interest, does 'higher on the wrist' mean higher up your body (up towards your elbow) or further towards your hand / fingertips?

I'm curious about sizing an OF. People on here have said it took them a while to get it just right, but the clasp only has a few mm of adjustment and I might want that for natural changes late in a hot sweaty day, so the only solution is to change out the straps entirely for a combination that works better, right?

So do ADs let you take a strap homewith your new purchase and wear it before you get happy with it, allowing a return? Or do you just splash out another few hundred ££ or $$ a few months down the line to get a better strap of a better size? Likewise if I'm a bit chubby and aiming to lose 30lbs over the next year and some of that's from my left wrist... is it easy enough to find the straps in all shapes and sizes from reliable TS/grey, or is it back to the dealer again with wallet outstretched?

I can imagine an OF is somewhat cheaper than sold steel or gold, but assume it would run me more than an equivalent non OEM like an Everest if I needed to find an extra 5mm beyond the natural adjustment available in the clasp?
Old 22 October 2018, 11:42 AM   #18
Indepth
"TRF" Member

I had the opportunity to try this piece on at my AD when I was picking up my BLNR. I’m one of the few people in the world it seems that isn’t head over heels for a the Daytona.

However, after trying on this specific model I was sold; but only for this configuration. But, my dead set “I will own this piece” quickly became a more modest “I hope to own this piece one day...” after examining the price tag hung ever so discretely below my wrist.

The color of the dial(s) and OF fits very well on my small(er) 6.75-7” wrists and the heft of the WG definitely felt like there was something more special to it. The piece is no longer in the ADs display case, likely pulled for “VIPs only” or sold. Maybe one day down the road I can find one for myself.

OP - if you can swing it, do it. But it’s always easier to spend other people’s well earned money than your own!
Indepth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 October 2018, 04:44 PM   #19
amilch
"TRF" Member

I've been waiting for my WG for about 8 months now. My AD has a no timeframe for this piece.
amilch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 October 2018, 04:49 PM   #20
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accountank2000 View Post

the "wings" underneath the strap gives you separation from the main part of the strap and your skin so it wears slightly higher off your arm kind of like a cushion. The wings also help to keep the watch in place so it doesnt slide around as PM watches are heavier and move more (at least for me) so you dont have to wear it super tight for the watch to stay put. My OF YM doesnt have a micro adjustment and i have not had it too loose or tight at all when its hot or cold but i do have to use the easy link on my bracelet watches because i wear them tight to begin with.
Old 22 October 2018, 07:27 PM   #21
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipes View Post
I’ve always been interested in this piece but concerned with fit of the Oysterflex. I think we have similar size wrist. What size strap do you have on yours? Thanks
My issue with it was the flare out at the lugs, as I like the straps to contour tightly around my wrist, but as this comes in many sizes you may be able to find just the right one.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 October 2018, 11:21 PM   #22
Vipes
"TRF" Member

Thanks, all
Old 22 October 2018, 11:42 PM   #23
KBM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipes View Post
Hello all,

I’ve been itching for a new Rolex. Probably won’t get the SS BLRO and white Daytona any time soon from my AD. I’ve been looking at the WG Daytona on Oysterflex and wanted some opinions. I still haven’t seen this piece at an AD.

Do you guys see this piece at ADs? Is it still hard to get from an AD? Is the Oysterflex comfy and does it move around on the wrist? I have the black dial Daytona-C and would this scenario be redundant? Thanks for entertaining my questions!
I love the steel panda dial, but for 3-4k more, I'd go for the bracelet version (116509). It's one of the most stunning references in the current catalog, in my opinion (picture credit: rolexshow_israel, on instagram).

KBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 October 2018, 11:54 PM   #24
Vipes
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kauebm View Post
I love the steel panda dial, but for 3-4k more, I'd go for the bracelet version (116509). It's one of the most stunning references in the current catalog, in my opinion (picture credit: rolexshow_israel, on instagram).

I thought about this one also but I don't have a perfect fit with my SS Daytona-C. I wear the bracelet a little loose so if I get a PM Daytona on bracelet, it will be uncomfortable with the weight.
Old 23 October 2018, 12:20 AM   #25
TimeToWatch
Banned

Watch: Rolex & AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by kauebm View Post

I’ve actually seen this watch for sale lightly pre-owned for $28k - same as list of the 116519LN. One heck of a deal!
TimeToWatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 October 2018, 12:36 AM   #26
melrob1
"TRF" Member

I think it’s amazing and extremely comfortable!
One of my AD’d had it for about a month before it sold.
I’m sure you can get one pretty easy.
If Inwere you I’d pick this one up and trade your black dial DC for the white with a trusted seller.
melrob1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 October 2018, 12:46 AM   #27
RichM

Watch: out now,take care!
The watch is extremely comfortable when properly fitted. The OF is your answer to the weight issue. The above post referring to the size EE-EF is correct. At least, that’s how mine came. I have a 7.5 inch wrist and it was too tight. I took a trip up to the NYC RSC and they sized it for me. Very comfortable and fits like a charm.

I see you’re in Texas. If you’re anywhere near Dallas, have them size it.
TRF #139960
RichM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23 October 2018, 01:51 AM   #28
Vipes
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Mickol View Post
The watch is extremely comfortable when properly fitted. The OF is your answer to the weight issue. The above post referring to the size EE-EF is correct. At least, that’s how mine came. I have a 7.5 inch wrist and it was too tight. I took a trip up to the NYC RSC and they sized it for me. Very comfortable and fits like a charm.

I see you’re in Texas. If you’re anywhere near Dallas, have them size it.
If my AD doesn't have the proper size can I bring the standard size strap and trade it in for the appropriate size at Rolex Service center? Thanks.
Old 23 October 2018, 01:53 AM   #29
jonnyz1245
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeToWatch View Post
I’ve actually seen this watch for sale lightly pre-owned for $28k - same as list of the 116519LN. One heck of a deal!
That watch with ceramic bezel would be the perfect wg Daytona IMO.
jonnyz1245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 October 2018, 02:54 AM   #30
Stalex
Banned

Watch: Rolex 116710
Not really easily seen, but if you get a call from an AD then you are on the right track. Sure its more comfortable than you expect.
Stalex is offline   Reply With Quote