The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex & Other Watch Links & Resources

Closed Thread

Old 6 June 2006, 02:09 PM   #1
Thurnau
"TRF" Member

Watch: DateJust
Where can I go to get a real rolex replacement band?

Where can I go to get a real rolex replacement band? I noticed everyone I see online is not a real Rolex band, but a replica model made similar too a rolex bracelet. The links themselves look identical, but the clasp itself is nothing close. Where can I by a real rolex band?
Old 6 June 2006, 04:17 PM   #2
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Watch: ALL SOLD!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thurnau
Where can I go to get a real rolex replacement band? I noticed everyone I see online is not a real Rolex band, but a replica model made similar too a rolex bracelet. The links themselves look identical, but the clasp itself is nothing close. Where can I by a real rolex band?
If you know reliable and reputable sellers on e-bay that would be a good source. But, frankly, I have no faith or confidence in e-bay, probably 'cause I've never dealt with them in my life.

I'm sure, however, your AD would be of assistance. At least, with him, you'll be assuerd of a genuine one.

Good luck - JJ

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
Old 6 June 2006, 11:14 PM   #3
Rockrolex
TRF Moderator & 2024 Patron

Watch: What do you think?
Quote:
An AD will be your best bet, although there are reputable dealers on fleabay, if you look carefully. Which one are you looking for?

Tosser Cabinet Member

Official Member: 'Perpetual 30' Vegas International GTG 2016
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2017
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2018
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2019
Old 7 June 2006, 09:47 AM   #4
Thurnau
"TRF" Member

I went to an AD, and they will only replace with the same band as per serial number. Mine came with an oyster bracelet, on the catalog of Rolex's watch gallery they show my watch with a jubilee bracelet. I always wanted a 2 toned bracelet but because the hands are silver/white gold I didnt need 2 toned because It might cheese out the watch. However I am curious why mine came with an oyster band when it was supposed to come with a jubilee bracelet. Do AD's do sneaky things with Rolex watches? Also my rolex box had Cellini II on it rather than datejust.

A diferent dealer told me that Rolex never lets you order a bracelet other than the exact one it had.
Old 7 June 2006, 10:38 AM   #5
Rockrolex
TRF Moderator & 2024 Patron

Watch: What do you think?
Quote:
I went to an AD, and they will only replace with the same band as per serial number. Mine came with an oyster bracelet, on the catalog of Rolex's watch gallery they show my watch with a jubilee bracelet. I always wanted a 2 toned bracelet but because the hands are silver/white gold I didnt need 2 toned because It might cheese out the watch. However I am curious why mine came with an oyster band when it was supposed to come with a jubilee bracelet. Do AD's do sneaky things with Rolex watches? Also my rolex box had Cellini II on it rather than datejust.

A diferent dealer told me that Rolex never lets you order a bracelet other than the exact one it had.
I'll bet that's just Rolex USA talking, if in fact the AD isn't feeding you a line of BS. Call Rolex USA directly and ask them. If they give you the same story, maybe Rolex UK or AU can do something for you. One of the guys over there might be able to find out for you.

Tosser Cabinet Member

Official Member: 'Perpetual 30' Vegas International GTG 2016
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2017
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2018
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2019
Old 7 June 2006, 12:44 PM   #6
Thurnau
"TRF" Member

I don't think they have a contact number on the home page of their site.
Old 7 June 2006, 02:11 PM   #7
C.J.
"TRF" Member

Quote:

That sounds like typical AD BS. I would try another AD
Old 7 June 2006, 04:31 PM   #8
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Quote:

Thurnau,

You must bear in mind that the Rolex catalogue has its limitations. They can only advertise so many models and that's it. Just 'cause one model is displayed with a Jubilee that doesn't mean it will not be available on Oyster bracelet too.

Your AD is bullshitting about the bracelet. You are the customer and can order any damn bracelet you please.

As to how your Rolex box had Cellini II on it....now that's a mystery!!

JJ

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
Old 18 June 2006, 01:55 PM   #9
Rodentman
Banned

I had a sub date, "A" series I think with a non SEL bracelet. I was able to order the SEL bracelet from the AD no problem, and I kept the old bracelet. It wasn't cheap, but it was genuine.
Old 23 June 2006, 02:54 PM   #10
Val

To anwser the question on the Cellini Box, There are currently 4 box sizes, they are named. I can't remember all the names at this time but it goes like this:

Samoa = Small Box
= Medium
Lagos = Large
=X-Large

Each watch has certain characteristics that will determine which box it goes into.
Stainless Steel = Small
Stainless and Gold = Medium
All gold = Large
Rolex w/extierior diamonds = X-Large

The Cellini line is different, We just put them in the boxes marked Cellini. The salesperson probably was not paying attention, and grabbed the wrong box.
Old 23 June 2006, 05:08 PM   #11
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Good info, Val...thanks.

I think our Paulie would need a XXXXXXL box!!

Old 24 June 2006, 11:33 AM   #12
Thurnau
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Val View Post
To anwser the question on the Cellini Box, There are currently 4 box sizes, they are named. I can't remember all the names at this time but it goes like this:

Samoa = Small Box
= Medium
Lagos = Large
=X-Large

Each watch has certain characteristics that will determine which box it goes into.
Stainless Steel = Small
Stainless and Gold = Medium
All gold = Large
Rolex w/extierior diamonds = X-Large

The Cellini line is different, We just put them in the boxes marked Cellini. The salesperson probably was not paying attention, and grabbed the wrong box.
Thanks for clearing that up. I have established a pretty good relationship with my salesperson at that AD, i just bought the wife a Rollie too:) Now I have more confidence.
Old 15 October 2010, 10:35 PM   #13
charlie182
"TRF" Member

problem

hi! i have a gmt master ii with an oyster strap with an extension clasp. the clasp keeps opening. what can i do to sort this out?
Old 24 January 2011, 03:46 AM   #14
Michael Bennett
"TRF" Member

HAs anybody got a genuine Rolex Oyster stainless steel bracelet to sell either new or very good condition second hand. I have a Jubile bracelet which has streched over the years and would like to replace it? Regards Michael
Old 21 February 2020, 02:16 AM   #15
marshal135
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona
Oyster clasp Screws needed

Hello Forum,
I am in need of 2 bracelet screws. One is short and connects the clasp end at the link.
The other is longer and passes through the link to attach it to the adjoining link.
Both heads are buggered. This is how I received this watch being it's pre owned.
I would like to obtain Rolex screws if available? Can someone direct me to a proper source for factory screws?
If I did my forum search here correctly it looks like a daytona oyster bracelet is cataloged as a #72600. The shorter screw is #32-23058, and longer #32-20687. Does this sound correct?
Thank you in advance,
Adam
Old 21 February 2020, 03:27 AM   #16
TimeLord2
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT Master 1675/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thurnau View Post

This is partially true. I just had my 1973 1675 TT authenticated by Rolex. It has always had a jubilee bracelet. They said my bracelet that was just refurbed by Rolliworks was "fragile" and in need of replacement and offered a new one (BRACELET 62523 20/16 450 22 LINKS RL18Y) but not one that originally came with my model (not available anymore) to replace the old one. I told them I wanted an Oyster and they provided a number for that one too. Again a newer reference version. If your watch reference came with both bracelets as options, then Rolex will honor that. On another note they offered me $200 off the $3800 replacement for a trade-in of my recently restored Jubilee. Nope.
Closed Thread