The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 25 February 2020, 11:32 AM   #1
fitnesstrainer
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD43 126660
Omega Service Centers

I own a 300M SMP Master Chronometer 42mm. I recently had to send it in for service for a timing regulation (literally brand new). The service center in Miami took nearly 2 months to get it done, but it is running very well now.

I'd like to ask if anyone has any feedback on which U.S. Omega Service Center has the best reputation? Service, timeliness, etc.?
fitnesstrainer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 February 2020, 01:24 PM   #2
RW16610
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116710LN
I'm sorry to hear of your experience. I don't know how the ones in the US are but I just dropped my watch off at an AD and paid $50 shipping for them to send it to Swatch. I love the watch but hate the level of service I've received over the years from Swatch Canada and can only hope they do my watch right the first time.

Many members from the states here who should be able to recommend or share feedback from service locations near you.
RW16610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 February 2020, 03:05 PM   #3
AEC
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Idiot Savant
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitnesstrainer View Post
I own a 300M SMP Master Chronometer 42mm. I recently had to send it in for service for a timing regulation (literally brand new). The service center in Miami took nearly 2 months to get it done, but it is running very well now.

I'd like to ask if anyone has any feedback on which U.S. Omega Service Center has the best reputation? Service, timeliness, etc.?
I think watches sent by owners to Omega Customer Service are handled at the New Jersey and Miami facilities, and watches handed over by customers to Boutiques are handled at the Seattle facility.

There used to be rumor (five years ago) that the Seattle facility was measurably better, but I don't think that's true any longer. If for some reason someone prefers to have his watch serviced at the Seattle facility, he can simply hand it off to a Boutique on the assumption all watches handed off to Boutiques still go there (and only watches handed off at Boutiques go there; the Seattle facility doesn't deal directly with Omega owners).

My watch was serviced under warranty by the Seattle facility two years ago, just before it switched over to Boutique-only. Now the same watch requires service again, and this time I chose to send it to Nesbit's instead of Omega (it's out of warranty now).
AEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 February 2020, 12:44 AM   #4
TeutonicCarFan
"TRF" Member

Why does your watch require service twice in two years?
TeutonicCarFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 February 2020, 03:42 AM   #5
AEC
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Idiot Savant
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeutonicCarFan View Post
Why does your watch require service twice in two years?

It has suffered three different types of malfunction in five years. This is the fourth time I have packed and sent it. I’m somewhat disappointed with this watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 February 2020, 10:47 AM   #6
fitnesstrainer
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD43 126660
Mine doesn't need any work (so far), but I was curious about this just in case....mine took what I thought was an unusually long time to get a simple time regulation done. Most of this was waiting for parts (for a brand new watch).
fitnesstrainer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 February 2020, 08:32 AM   #7
TeutonicCarFan
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEC View Post
It has suffered three different types of malfunction in five years. This is the fourth time I have packed and sent it. I’m somewhat disappointed with this watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sorry to hear omega typically don't have these problems. I hope it gets sorted.
TeutonicCarFan is offline   Reply With Quote