The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 21 March 2023, 12:55 PM   #1
flyguy33
"TRF" Member

My version of a SOTC

One of my favorite parts of this forum is when someone shares a photo of their collection and we all get to learn a little bit about the watches, the person and the choices we all make when doing this thing that doesn't seem to make sense to the people who are not like us.

In that spirit I thought I would share my current collection and I welcome any thoughts, comments or questions from the group. It is by no means as impressive as some of the hardware we see around here, but it makes me happy and I think they reflect my personality.

I tend to go for watches that fly a bit under the radar, but would be recognized by those who "know". About half were purchased new and the others pre-owned, I don't really have a preference and I try to get good value on my purchases. The new watches were all purchased at or below retail. The only pre-owned I paid over retail for was the Explorer, but it was really the equivalent of retail plus tax at the time. I was lucky enough to pick up the VC in late 2020 before they made a jump.

The Hamilton was my grandfather's watch and the one with the dial blocked out is a company that they give out at 15 years.

I hope you all enjoy and I'd love to hear what you think. Happy to answer any questions if you have them.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Jan_2023 - Copy.jpg (271.8 KB, 253 views)
flyguy33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2023, 01:28 PM   #2
RW16610
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116710LN
Nice collection! I also find threads like these thoroughly enjoyable, as it's fun to hear about the journey behind each choice and of course the history.

I like how companies back in the day sometimes gave employees a nice watch to mark a milestone. Caseback engravings or stamped dials, it fascinates me to think of all involved in that and how the recipient would very likely wear and cherish the watch for many years.

You've got a little bit of everything there. The Breitling and Zenith are two great chronograph pieces to accompany the Speedmaster and Vacheron Constantin. Which of those did you get first?
RW16610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2023, 01:34 PM   #3
usmc_k9_vet
"TRF" Member

Very nice collection! Love that Moser on bracelet. I’ve got the same one on strap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
usmc_k9_vet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2023, 03:28 PM   #4
flyguy33
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RW16610 View Post
Nice collection! I also find threads like these thoroughly enjoyable, as it's fun to hear about the journey behind each choice and of course the history.

I like how companies back in the day sometimes gave employees a nice watch to mark a milestone. Caseback engravings or stamped dials, it fascinates me to think of all involved in that and how the recipient would very likely wear and cherish the watch for many years.

You've got a little bit of everything there. The Breitling and Zenith are two great chronograph pieces to accompany the Speedmaster and Vacheron Constantin. Which of those did you get first?
Thanks! The speedmaster was my first “nice” watch and it honestly kind of opened up the floodgates for me. Still one of my favorites as I love the history, plus it wears really well. I like the act of winding it in the morning, it is a nice little ritual.
Old 21 March 2023, 03:31 PM   #5
flyguy33
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmc_k9_vet View Post
Very nice collection! Love that Moser on bracelet. I’ve got the same one on strap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Moser is my newest edition and I really do like it on the bracelet. I do like their straps, but they wear a little small for me. Wish they offered an extended size. I just love the Moser dials, the new Arctic Blue looks fantastic and I think the smaller size will be a big hit.
Old 21 March 2023, 06:17 PM   #6
danwang0520
"TRF" Member

Watch: my signature
Wow, that's a very versatile collection......
danwang0520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2023, 06:26 PM   #7
ButtButt
"TRF" Member

That's a solid looking collection, thanks for sharing!
ButtButt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2023, 08:41 PM   #8
Pw92676
"TRF" Member

Very nice. Big fan of that OG overseas
Pw92676 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2023, 08:47 PM   #9
charger_vital
"TRF" Member

Watch: LF Sport & Pepsi
Its amazing to me how some watches really shine when pictured in a collection like this. Not taking anything away from the other watches, but the VC Gen1, Zenith Sport, and Speedmaster all stand out... Perhaps its the universe telling me that I need a chronograph?
charger_vital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2023, 09:22 PM   #10
1William
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
Nice collection.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 2023, 12:08 AM   #11
PhilLynott
"TRF" Member

Watch: Breguet marine
I love these threads too. Great collection!
Old 22 March 2023, 12:40 AM   #12
beefeater21
"TRF" Member

Fantastic collection - love the variety. The two that immediately caught my attention were the Moser and the PF. Think I just love those dials.
beefeater21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 2023, 03:30 AM   #13
flyguy33
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by charger_vital View Post
Its amazing to me how some watches really shine when pictured in a collection like this. Not taking anything away from the other watches, but the VC Gen1, Zenith Sport, and Speedmaster all stand out... Perhaps its the universe telling me that I need a chronograph?
As you can tell, I'm partial to chronographs, I think everyone should have at least one.