The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 20 March 2019, 05:59 AM   #1051
jbwilmoth
"TRF" Member

[QUOTE=JacksonStone;9451549]Am I the only one thinking the minute hand on the YM42 is disproportionately skinny relative to the hour hand, and that the lume disc on the second hand is bizarrely large? If that's the actual watch, and the rendering is accurate, this is more screwy than the Mk1 39mm Explorer.

That lume disc is huge LMAO
jbwilmoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 March 2019, 06:06 AM   #1052
Tha Baron
"TRF" Member

I guess he created photoshops off the “leaked” pics? Where is the gmt hand on this one?

Tha Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 March 2019, 06:07 AM   #1053
tng11
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha Baron View Post
I guess he created photoshops off the “leaked” pics? Where is the gmt hand on this one?

Looks like an awful $20 Chinese replica.
tng11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 March 2019, 06:08 AM   #1054
JacksonStone
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurfa View Post
RPR
Thanks. I found it. The clean rendering has a completely different handset than the one in the scanned picture. That calls into question the accuracy of the leaked scan, which Philipp claims he received overnight in an anonymous email. He isn't saying the source of the rendering, but I suspect he is making them himself. That SD he posted appears to use the Supercase from Rolex's own 116613 render.

JacksonStone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 March 2019, 06:09 AM   #1055
daytonastl
"TRF" Member

Quote:
RPR
This one is so believable. Rolex has not been spending Apple-type money on product development since the SkyD. This is a very inexpensive refresh that would make the grey market go nutzzz with buyers.
daytonastl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 March 2019, 06:10 AM   #1056
tng11
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonStone View Post
Thanks. I found it. The clean rendering has a completely different handset than the one in the scanned picture. That calls into question the accuracy of the leaked scan, which Philipp claims he received overnight in an anonymous email. He isn't saying the source of the rendering, but I suspect he is making them himself. That SD he posted appears to use the Supercase from Rolex's own 116613 render.
LOL, what a joke! That dial font looks so wrong too!
tng11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 March 2019, 06:12 AM   #1057
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
this is basically what i have been saying all along. it just seems sketchy and IMO the credibility just isn't there despite some correct guesses out of who knows how many misses.
current collection: Patek 5164A, Patek 5524G, Rolex Platinum Daytona 116506, Rolex Sea Dweller 43 126600, Rolex GMT II 116710LN, AP 15400ST (silver), Panerai 913, Omega Speedmaster moonwatch, Tudor Black Bay (Harrods Edition)
tyler1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 March 2019, 06:14 AM   #1058
scurfa
"TRF" Member

I’m not sure about the Rolex’s but the Tudor navy prototype has been made, I’m praying it’s a one off promotional item 1 of 1!
I’m also hoping it’s a red herring and the Tudor Sub will be announced tomorrow

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 20 March 2019, 06:21 AM   #1059
JacksonStone
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler1980 View Post
this is basically what i have been saying all along. it just seems sketchy and IMO the credibility just isn't there despite some correct guesses out of who knows how many misses.
Agreed. It's fair to note he got a spot-on leak of the SS SD43 in 2017 a week ahead of the unveiling, and of the ceramic Daytonas the year before, but everything else he has posted has been pure speculation and generally wrong.

I'm not sure what to make of the latest alleged leaks, but I can't believe Rolex would put out a YM with such a screwed-up handset, as shown in the scanned pic. The corrected rendering clarifies nothing, since that is most likely Philipp's own concoction, pulled from existing renderings on Rolex's website. I guess that means we'll have to wait 15 hours to see what's actually happening.
Old 20 March 2019, 06:35 AM   #1060
scurfa
"TRF" Member

If the pics are correct or not it really is getting everyone talking
Old 20 March 2019, 06:46 AM   #1061
JacksonStone
Banned

Quote:
If the pics are correct or not it really is getting everyone talking
Of course. Philipp's no dummy, even if he is shady, vain and thin-skinned.
Old 20 March 2019, 06:53 AM   #1062
sailgclass
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LN
Quote:
The original set of pics from RPR do look like the photos from the 2018 baselworld press release. They have the same shading/shadow at the bottom of the bezel/top of the bracelet as last years press release.
sailgclass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 March 2019, 06:53 AM   #1063
Headhunter007
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner 116619
Quote:
Classic

Rolex 116619LB, 116719 BLRO
Panerai Pam 422, Pam 90
Headhunter007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 March 2019, 06:55 AM   #1064
rudestew
"TRF" Member

Watch: DSSD SD43 Mk1 50TH
Not sure if its been said already but is the cornet and rolex been applide rather that painted ? ( in the video)
rudestew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 March 2019, 07:12 AM   #1065
JacksonStone
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailgclass View Post
The original set of pics from RPR do look like the photos from the 2018 baselworld press release. They have the same shading/shadow at the bottom of the bezel/top of the bracelet as last years press release.
Yes, and it's also a plausible scenario: someone gets hold of the press catalog, snaps a few pics, and sends them to RPR a day ahead of the reveal. But I come back to that handset on the YM: if Rolex really is putting that out, the design team can be fairly deemed to have an unhealthy mushroom habit.

And can we talk about that meteorite dial on the GMT for a minute? If that actually happens, that means in the span of less than 18 months, we will have seen three generations of WG GMT: black dial, blue dial, and meteorite dial. Has Rolex become Omega and decided to make the WG GMT the unwitting test subject for all its bizarre experiments in limited editions?
Old 20 March 2019, 07:15 AM   #1066
JR16
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daytonastl View Post
This one is so believable. Rolex has not been spending Apple-type money on product development since the SkyD. This is a very inexpensive refresh that would make the grey market go nutzzz with buyers.

Where’s the crown between Swiss and made ? Would Rolex really introduce a blnr with jubilee but no updated movement ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
JR16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 March 2019, 07:18 AM   #1067
JacksonStone
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR16 View Post
Where’s the crown between Swiss and made ? Would Rolex really introduce a blnr with jubilee but no updated movement ??
That's RPR's own rendering, which is evidently cobbled together from the renderings on the Rolex website. (Philipp is not disclosing that, which is leading to a lot of confusion.) If you look at the allegedly leaked print photo, the new BLNR does have the coronet at 6:00.

Old 20 March 2019, 07:39 AM   #1068
JR16
2024 Pledge Member

Rolex Teaser

Quote:
That's RPR's own rendering, which is evidently cobbled together from the renderings on the Rolex website. (Philipp is not disclosing that, which is leading to a lot of confusion.) If you look at the allegedly leaked print photo, the new BLNR does have the coronet at 6:00.

Got it-
Thx . So hard to keep up today between this thread and PP subforum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
JR16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 March 2019, 08:25 AM   #1069
VicLeChic
Banned

Watch: YM 116622 - SD43
Quote:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The hands in this mock-up are in line with YM current models where the minute hand is thicker than the hour hand, like the Sub but unlike the SD43 (same thickness).

VicLeChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 March 2019, 08:49 AM   #1070
JacksonStone
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by VicLeChic View Post
The hands in this mock-up are in line with YM current models where the minute hand is thicker than the hour hand, like the Sub but unlike the SD43 (same thickness).
That's because it's a bogus mock-up; it doesn't match the (allegedly) leaked print photo. It looks like all he did on that one is take the RG YM rendering on the Rolex website, and removed all the color value in Photoshop to make it monochromatic. It has no authority as an indication of what Rolex is putting out tomorrow. He has actually now pulled all his new renderings from both his blog site and IG, evidently as a result of getting flamed too hard by people who saw through his BS.

He is a first-class tool.
Old 20 March 2019, 08:54 AM   #1071
VicLeChic
Banned

Watch: YM 116622 - SD43
Quote:
That's because it's a bogus mock-up; it doesn't match the (allegedly) leaked print photo. It looks like all he did on that one is take the RG YM rendering on the Rolex website, and removed all the color value in Photoshop to make it monochromatic. It has no authority as an indication of what Rolex is putting out tomorrow. He has actually now pulled all his new renderings from both his blog site and IG, evidently as a result of getting flamed too hard by people who saw through his BS. He is a first-class tool.
What a shamble... I don't recall previous years prediction announcements being so messy on his part. Oh well, only 12 hours to go, can't wait!
VicLeChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 March 2019, 09:15 AM   #1072
lucassith
Banned

Saw this on the twitter’s version of the teaser. If I’m not wrong, this look like a SUB?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lucassith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 March 2019, 09:17 AM   #1073
Lemonvr6
"TRF" Member

Quote:

It see it. You sure?
Old 20 March 2019, 09:17 AM   #1074
904VT
"TRF" Member

Watch: All Rolex
Quote:
Yes, and it's also a plausible scenario: someone gets hold of the press catalog, snaps a few pics, and sends them to RPR a day ahead of the reveal. But I come back to that handset on the YM: if Rolex really is putting that out, the design team can be fairly deemed to have an unhealthy mushroom habit.

And can we talk about that meteorite dial on the GMT for a minute? If that actually happens, that means in the span of less than 18 months, we will have seen three generations of WG GMT: black dial, blue dial, and meteorite dial. Has Rolex become Omega and decided to make the WG GMT the unwitting test subject for all its bizarre experiments in limited editions?
I wouldn't take that perspective on the GMT Master. Even if Rolex kept the same blue dial and just added 3285, that would have been the 3rd 6 digit WG GMT Master interpretation. The addition of the Meteorite dial or not I don't think is relevant. Who knows, but I'd be shocked if Rolex didn't offer a WG GMT Master in this market. And whatever that is to be would be the 3rd
904VT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 March 2019, 09:30 AM   #1075
JacksonStone
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemonvr6 View Post
It see it. You sure?
Are you seeing this...

...or this?

The first pic is of Philipp's own rendering, which he has now taken down. The second is the grab of the alleged print pic, which is still up on his website and IG.
Old 20 March 2019, 09:36 AM   #1076
JacksonStone
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 904VT View Post
...I'd be shocked if Rolex didn't offer a WG GMT Master in this market. And whatever that is to be would be the 3rd
I should have clarified that I was speaking specifically of a third-gen WG Pepsi, not a third-gen WG GMT of any variety. A WG Coke would have made more sense than to trot out yet another Pepsi, imo.
Old 20 March 2019, 09:42 AM   #1077
904VT
"TRF" Member

Watch: All Rolex
Quote:
I should have clarified that I was speaking specifically of a third-gen WG Pepsi, not a third-gen WG GMT of any variety. A WG Coke would have made more sense than to trot out yet another Pepsi, imo.
Ahh i see your point. A third BLRO in WG you're right is a lot less likely than not offering a WG GMT Master at all. Personally I think a WG Coke will eventually disappoint everyone holding hope for a SS RONR. Perhaps a true cherry red.

I've been holding out hope the last 5 years or since since the BLNR that Rolex would bring me what I want. A WG Blueberry GMT Master with a Sunburst Blue Dial.
904VT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 March 2019, 09:45 AM   #1078
lecorsaire
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116710BLNR
Take this with a grain of salt. I stopped by one of the ADs I frequent in NYC and they told me they received a big shipment 3 weeks ago with a bunch of stuff but ZERO GMTs. They have not received anything since. Almost all of it was gone except for a gold Bluesy, Smurf, SS YMII and YG YMII. So it is very possible that they will update several GMTs including the yellow gold and TT models. We’ll find out soon.
Old 20 March 2019, 10:06 AM   #1079
Jojoshop
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR
Tomorrow we will know more. I think the blnr update is just mehhh. A disappointment in my view. Not that I don’t like the watch but is not a real bang. It is like they woke up few days ago and they were like crap we need something just took a pepai jubilee and swapped the insert. It might their plan B because plan A didn’t get done
Jojoshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 March 2019, 10:28 AM   #1080
jonnyz1245
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

He is a first-class tool.
All of the watches he first posted this morning that he said came in an anonymous email could be real and he still made a complete fool of himself throughout the day.
No matter if they're real or not, the one thing for sure is he has zero credibility and is definitely a first class tool. The amount of pics he has put up, taken down, blocked users when they called out obvious fakes such as the GMT with stick hands and so on and so forth is a joke. Embarrassing.

One thing for sure is we will know in approx 12 hours and 32 mins
jonnyz1245 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
baselworld , baselworld 2019 , teaser , video