The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 21 April 2016, 01:07 PM   #1
bdex75
"TRF" Member

Watch: my money vanish
Bob's Watches

Has anyone ever dealt with Bob's Watches? I am in the process of selling my wife's 79160 26mm Date to them based on the bid that I received via email. The bid was $1900. Would have been $2000 had I had the original warranty papers (on a K serial 2001 watch??). They had multiple pictures to base bid on.

The watch was more than accurately described to them and sent off yesterday. Today I get a call from them and they want to offer me $475 less than that. Their rationale is that it it missing one link, they say it should have 22 and there are 19 on the watch and 2 extras in the box. It needs a regulation and a light polish. I know all of that will likely cost close to $475 to do with a competent watchmaker. But don't you expect some recon cost when bidding a 15 year old watch??

BTW, this is complete, box, hang tag, books set. And the watch is in phenomenal shape with relatively no stretch in the jubilee. It was worn maybe 4 times a year and cleaned after about every wear. There is not a cleaner K serial around.

I know these 26mm don't bring a lot of $, I know the big watch trend had rendered them less desirable. But am I out of line to think that when you are giving someone a bid on a watch of that age you wouldn't assume that it is ready to sell immediately?? That you may have to do a little work to the watch to resell at $3000 like they do on their site??

I know I could try to sell here or Ebay or even my AD but these smaller watches are a hard sell these days and with all of the scammers out there, who knows. This just seemed easier. And had they come back a couple hundred back of their estimate I would be ok, but almost 25% back?????

Thanks for letting me vent.

I am probably going to work them up a little bit and let the watch fly. She just never wears it since she got her 31mm Tudor with the diamonds.

Here is the watch in question.

Thanks again
Brandon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bdex75 is offline   Reply With Quote