The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 26 February 2024, 08:54 AM   #1
set
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

First AP

I’m looking to acquire my first AP - the models that I’m primarily interested in are the RO 15510st black dial or the ROO diver 15720st blue dial (in that order of preference). Are these impossible “gets” from a boutique or AD as a first time buyer?
set is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 February 2024, 09:01 AM   #2
Akacoke
"TRF" Member

Watch: A few
From boutique Blue diver is relatively easier than any ROs in any size. I've been offered the Blue diver amongst couple other ROOs but declined as I'm waiting on my RO as 1st . I just finished my appointment at boutique this week. Was told black dial 15510st is "very" difficult 1st purchase. I'm working on getting a grey 15510st. She also hinted the black dial might get discontinued as well. Of course YMMV. Don't quote me I just relate what I've experienced and what I was told.
Old 26 February 2024, 09:10 AM   #3
anonymousnathan
"TRF" Member

Blue 15720st was my first piece so it's definitely very possible! Got it early this year and it took around 3 months to get it from AP house LA
anonymousnathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 February 2024, 09:39 AM   #4
neal.jy
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP 26240st,26420ce
15720 blue dial is definitely possible as a first piece and will be much easier than a 15510 black dial (still possible, but very difficult as a first piece). Recommend you stop by a boutique and talk to the SA, they are usually pretty transparent about what is/isn’t possible in each case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
neal.jy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 February 2024, 12:36 PM   #5
Armis
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akacoke View Post
From boutique Blue diver is relatively easier than any ROs in any size. I've been offered the Blue diver amongst couple other ROOs but declined as I'm waiting on my RO as 1st . I just finished my appointment at boutique this week. Was told black dial 15510st is "very" difficult 1st purchase. I'm working on getting a grey 15510st. She also hinted the black dial might get discontinued as well. Of course YMMV. Don't quote me I just relate what I've experienced and what I was told.
That’s surprising to learn that the black dial RO is very difficult. I know it’s all relative, but I figured the blue (and maybe green) is the very difficult category. Regardless, I think the grey dial is awesome.
Good luck!
Armis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26 February 2024, 01:06 PM   #6
Roves
"TRF" Member

Those are the two pieces that I have, both from the AP Boutique. Blue Diver first (June 2022) and black dial 15510st second (March 2023). The wait for the Diver was less than a month.
Roves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 February 2024, 03:10 PM   #7
Akacoke
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armis View Post
That’s surprising to learn that the black dial RO is very difficult. I know it’s all relative, but I figured the blue (and maybe green) is the very difficult category. Regardless, I think the grey dial is awesome.
Good luck!
Yup. Green and ice blue are not offered as 1st purchases in any RO or ROCs. Then next hardest to get color is the regular blue color. All 3 SAs I had dealt with are very transparent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roves View Post
Those are the two pieces that I have, both from the AP Boutique. Blue Diver first (June 2022) and black dial 15510st second (March 2023). The wait for the Diver was less than a month.
My 1st offering was a black 43mm steel ROO within 3 days of meeting up on a walk in with my 1st SA. That was my 1st ever visit to any AP boutique . The 1st SA when he still worked at the boutique really hit it off with me. We had 2 hrs plus conversations about everything . They fired the whole team at the boutique due to a scandal. I still ask about my 1st SAs whereabouts they wouldn't tell me. 2nd SA is really good guy who came from panerai.
Old 26 February 2024, 04:23 PM   #8
jec3
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sky-Dweller 326934
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akacoke View Post
Yup. Green and ice blue are not offered as 1st purchases in any RO or ROCs. Then next hardest to get color is the regular blue color. All 3 SAs I had dealt with are very transparent.

My 1st offering was a black 43mm steel ROO within 3 days of meeting up on a walk in with my 1st SA. That was my 1st ever visit to any AP boutique . The 1st SA when he still worked at the boutique really hit it off with me. We had 2 hrs plus conversations about everything . They fired the whole team at the boutique due to a scandal. I still ask about my 1st SAs whereabouts they wouldn't tell me. 2nd SA is really good guy who came from panerai.

Your story sounds like you went from South Coast Plaza to AP house! My story is the same lol

jec3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 February 2024, 04:38 PM   #9
Akacoke
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jec3 View Post
Your story sounds like you went from South Coast Plaza to AP house! My story is the same lol

I'm still with south coast . To me it's way more convenient location. gotta have faith.
Old 27 February 2024, 02:15 AM   #10
TunaTuna
2024 Pledge Member

I'd buy pre owned. Good values out there
TunaTuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 February 2024, 07:59 PM   #11
In-N-Out
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by set View Post
I’m looking to acquire my first AP - the models that I’m primarily interested in are the RO 15510st black dial or the ROO diver 15720st blue dial (in that order of preference). Are these impossible “gets” from a boutique or AD as a first time buyer?
do you want both, or do you just want either of the two?

if you want both, you can easily get both if you get the diver first.

if you just want the RO, it will be much harder (but not impossible).
In-N-Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 February 2024, 01:26 PM   #12
set
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by In-N-Out View Post
do you want both, or do you just want either of the two?

if you want both, you can easily get both if you get the diver first.

if you just want the RO, it will be much harder (but not impossible).
I’d prefer the RO - for me it can be a dressy or a casual piece. The diver obviously less versatile and I already own several divers (sub, sea dweller, Seamaster professional). But obviously I like divers so I could be ok with that. Just not my primary choice.
set is offline   Reply With Quote