The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 16 May 2021, 12:47 AM   #1
tedo
"TRF" Member

Hublot owners, please chime in

Asking Hublot owners to share some positive or negative personal experiences with the brand, for those who are thinking about purchasing. Again, experiences please, not opinions. Thanks!
Old 16 May 2021, 01:06 AM   #2
fmc000
Banned

Positive: great case and strap quality, fit and finish, choice of innovative materials. Wrist presence too but this is too subjective.
Negative: style is not for everyone so resell value is usually very bad.
Neutral: movements are either cheap and overpriced Sellita very easy to service or nice and complex in house in the top level collections that only the brand can service, at a huge markup.

All of this, of course, IMHO.

Inviato dal mio SM-T719 utilizzando Tapatalk
fmc000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 2021, 01:13 AM   #3
tedo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmc000 View Post
Positive: great case and strap quality, fit and finish, choice of innovative materials. Wrist presence too but this is too subjective.
Negative: style is not for everyone so resell value is usually very bad.
Neutral: movements are either cheap and overpriced Sellita very easy to service or nice and complex in house in the top level collections that only the brand can service, at a huge markup.

All of this, of course, IMHO.

Thanks, which model do you own?
Old 16 May 2021, 02:13 AM   #4
christianj
Banned

I’m not a current owner but I owned 2 pieces in the past and the thing that struck me back then was that they had hands down the best Customer Service I have ever had to deal with of any brand. Mind you that was back when JC Biver was still involved in the brand and they had a guy (who some in watch circles might know) named Mike Margolis that ran the US business for them. Not sure if they’ve been able to maintain that level of CS under the current management but it was admirable back then.
christianj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 2021, 02:15 AM   #5
tedo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by christianj View Post
I’m not a current owner but I owned 2 pieces in the past and the thing that struck me back then was that they had hands down the best Customer Service I have ever had to deal with of any brand. Mind you that was back when JC Biver was still involved in the brand and they had a guy (who some in watch circles might know) named Mike Margolis that ran the US business for them. Not sure if they’ve been able to maintain that level of CS under the current management but it was admirable back then.
Thanks for insight, would you purchase again given having owned?
Old 16 May 2021, 04:42 AM   #6
christianj
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedo View Post
Thanks for insight, would you purchase again given having owned?

Based on CS and if it’s a watch you like and want in your collection then yes. If you’re looking at resale then no but this is common for most brands that don’t have a broad mass appeal. I lost money on the sale of both Hublot’s but it’s certainly not the only brand of watches I have lost money on. All in all my tastes and focus has changed for my collection so that’s why an Hublot is not in it. I do have to say that my ceramic Big Bang was my go to travel watch back in the day since it was not easy to scratch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 16 May 2021, 04:49 AM   #7
christianj
Banned

Crete, Greece

Old 16 May 2021, 04:51 AM   #8
smg8
Banned

Following with interest as I am considering a classic fusion (just haven't decided which one).

I really like the brand, the style, and the fact you can get something that's luxury, but not old man, without having to pay AP/RM prices.

I also find some of the criticism of the brand laughably hypocritical.
smg8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 2021, 05:13 AM   #9
christianj
Banned

Just sold this guy last week. Classic fusion line is very nice and not as blingy as some of the other models.

Old 16 May 2021, 05:41 AM   #10
tedo
"TRF" Member

I am interested in this Meca 10 model myself, which is why I’m asking.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg E2F46A49-9294-4700-BC45-051FE24C22CE.jpeg (127.3 KB, 643 views)
File Type: jpeg 645BA036-CCEF-45FA-B164-8A1E11AD38A0.jpeg (110.0 KB, 639 views)
File Type: jpeg BDF86F64-1BDF-4CF0-BC09-342C595B6E87.jpeg (125.0 KB, 639 views)
Old 16 May 2021, 02:41 PM   #11
corvetteshark
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Deepsea
Here is my Hublot Unico Italia Independent Limited Edition. Got this one about 2 years ago. I love the watch and the blue carbon fiber is so unique. My only complaint is that I wish the date window was white so it would be easier to read the date. My advice is: never buy Hublot new from a dealer as they lose significant value. I bought mine pre-owned and save around $10k from the original MSRP. Unfortunately I have noticed that pre-owned Hublot prices have gone up lately, as has been the case with most watches during this pandemic. Hopefully the market will course correct and prices will come back down again. I am not a fan of the older model Hublot and I prefer only the newer style with the quick removing strap attachment and the in-house movements. I also really like the Spirit of Big Bang which has been on my want list for a while if one ever comes around at a reasonable price. I really like Hublot's ceramic cases and they are really great looking and unique in the market.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg Screen Shot 2021-05-15 at 10.26.37 PM.jpeg (104.7 KB, 597 views)
corvetteshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 2021, 06:23 PM   #12
AshAP
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP Royal Oak

Quote:

Crete, Greece

Is that the Blue Palace in Elounda?

AshAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 2021, 06:30 PM   #13
rotiprata
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP
I'd say go for it, just get what you like.

I personally own the Hublot Ferrari GT Classic Fusion and it's my favourite watch as compared to my daytona and sub. The latest models with their in-house movements are fantastic, serious innovation there, an integrated column-wheel flyback chronograph. I'd care less about what people think, if resale is the game of owning watches, you will never enjoy watches as a hobby.
Let your money grow somewhere else, in stocks and investment and enjoy the hobby of horology.

The mecca 10 looks great, I'd pick the black one for me!
rotiprata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 2021, 06:59 PM   #14
fmc000
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotiprata View Post
I'd say go for it, just get what you like.

I personally own the Hublot Ferrari GT Classic Fusion and it's my favourite watch as compared to my daytona and sub. The latest models with their in-house movements are fantastic, serious innovation there, an integrated column-wheel flyback chronograph. I'd care less about what people think, if resale is the game of owning watches, you will never enjoy watches as a hobby.
Let your money grow somewhere else, in stocks and investment and enjoy the hobby of horology.

The mecca 10 looks great, I'd pick the black one for me!
Very well said. I really like the grey Meca10.

fmc000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 2021, 08:57 PM   #15
christianj
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshAP View Post
Is that the Blue Palace in Elounda?
Good catch! On our first trip to Elounda we stayed at The Blue Palace but have since decided we like The Domes better and have stayed there the last two times.
Old 16 May 2021, 09:01 PM   #16
AshAP
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Good catch! On our first trip to Elounda we stayed at The Blue Palace but have since decided we like The Domes better and have stayed there the last two times.

Interesting feedback, we haven’t been back to the BP in ages as we’ve stayed there over 100 nights and od’d on it. We usually go to Sani in Halkidiki now. Have to give Domes a try as I love Crete.

Old 24 May 2021, 03:22 AM   #17
tedo
"TRF" Member

Thoughts on these two?
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 6E41133E-3469-43D4-A5BF-5C6036C5362A.jpeg (223.4 KB, 527 views)
Old 24 May 2021, 03:48 AM   #18
slawa
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedo View Post
Thoughts on these two?
i like it a lot.
slawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2021, 05:33 PM   #19
AshAP
"TRF" Member

Quote:

I found this, makes me really miss being able to go abroad.

Old 25 May 2021, 03:01 AM   #20
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Over the years have admired Hublot, yet never really 'turned the corner' to buy one. Saw an abundance of them a few weeks back in Vegas. Alas, the saleslady was quite pushy so we bailed faster than I wanted. That also kinda eliminated the brand as wasn't overly hyped with Hublot to begin with.

Was a big contrast to how the salespeople at WoS treated me (verrrry nicely), and Bvlgari really treats customers well the way Patek usedta... before the inexperienced and unqualified kid who now fronts the company ruined the brand for me.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 July 2021, 04:32 AM   #21
Sleepy996
"TRF" Member

Just picked up a discontinued spirit of big bang in 42mm. Swapped it to the rubber strap and hands down the most comfortable watch in the rotation right now. Loved this brand 10 years ago and now with all the hype around the big names I find myself coming back to it again. Also snagged a Meca-10 from DavidSW begining of the year and thats another incredibly lightweight and comfortable watch that I wear all the time. Not sure why they get so much hatred but I couldn't care less.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg spiritbang.jpg (69.0 KB, 418 views)
File Type: png hub2.png (173.8 KB, 415 views)
Old 3 July 2021, 11:05 AM   #22
slawa
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy996 View Post
Just picked up a discontinued spirit of big bang in 42mm. Swapped it to the rubber strap and hands down the most comfortable watch in the rotation right now. Loved this brand 10 years ago and now with all the hype around the big names I find myself coming back to it again. Also snagged a Meca-10 from DavidSW begining of the year and thats another incredibly lightweight and comfortable watch that I wear all the time. Not sure why they get so much hatred but I couldn't care less.
congrats man, this is a grate watch,
slawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 August 2021, 12:29 AM   #23
Sleepy996
"TRF" Member

Tedo did you end up pulling the trigger on anything yet ?
Old 3 August 2021, 09:11 AM   #24
tedo
"TRF" Member

Still looking for an all black Meca-10!
Old 3 August 2021, 09:22 AM   #25
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
I was going to buy one but decided to save some money and just jump off a building aiming my nuts on a large handrail 30 feet below.
Old 4 August 2021, 12:04 AM   #26
Sleepy996
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
I was going to buy one but decided to save some money and just jump off a building aiming my nuts on a large handrail 30 feet below.
Old 4 August 2021, 05:26 AM   #27
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy996 View Post

Old 4 August 2021, 06:23 AM   #28
Sleepy996
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
Attached Images
File Type: gif edbass.gif (83.9 KB, 211 views)
Old 4 August 2021, 08:21 AM   #29
youthagainsttt
"TRF" Member

Watch: Piaget,Rolex,AP,HB
I've got a Black Magic Aerofusion which is actually my daily office watch, bought around 9 months ago and I've worn it like 85% of the time & being ceramic there's obviously not a single scratch on it. It's also my gym watch & lift weights rather than the cardio, I also do calisthenics with it, & you can imagine it can bang into the pull-up bar or on metal poles on occasion

It flies under the radar as it's all black but has enough of a wow factor with the skeletonised dial with red jewels/blued screws.

Cons? I have it on a rubber strap & there is a bit of dust which gathers on the gap betw the strap & the lug which is kinda annoying.

I'd just say it'll be prudent to find out the resale value of the watch you're interested, it's useful to know but it didn't sway my decision that much. The classic BB or most of the Classic Fusion lines do hold more resale value than other lines
youthagainsttt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 August 2021, 08:55 PM   #30
smg8
Banned

I have a classic fusion ceramic, and absolutely love it.

I've had a Royal Oak Chrono, Patek Aquanaut, Rolex Daytona etc and prefer the Classic Fusion. The ceramic aspect helps with this, you don't worry about scratching it or bashing it up which I have found detracted from my enjoyment with other watches.

As per the poster above it's under the radar, but looks expensive and classy to my eyes. Yet doesn't scream for attention. The rubber strap is fantastic, very comfortable and feels much better quality than the rubber on my Omega Seamaster.

As for cons, the power reserve is the only negative for me. I don't use a winder, and rotate a fair bit so it's annoying it doesn't hold power for as long as my Rolex GMT Master.

That aside nothing else bad to say, I was one of those ignorant people who had previously decided not to like Hublot based on what others think until I actually tried one on for myself, and am so glad that I did as it's a great brand. I am looking to add another one soon (possibly the integral titanium Big Bang but to be decided).

smg8 is offline   Reply With Quote