The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Vintage Rolex Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 15 November 2020, 01:35 PM   #421
narembeen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGGMT View Post
Thks for sending the WUS thread, which I just reviewed. The only guy I see getting maligned is out guy Narembeen, who got called a “troll,” PM’d by a bunch of WUS low-ballers, questioned because of his tech abilities, and then got his thread shut down within 48 hours by the ‘moderator’! What a clown show that was. I’m glad WUS’s efforts to stamp out Narenbeen’s newfound horological enthusiasm failed and he found his way over here.
The moderator has an account here on TRF, but he is just a standard user with the same account name.
Old 15 November 2020, 01:41 PM   #422
GGGMT
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 79010sg
Quote:
Originally Posted by narembeen View Post
The moderator has an account here on TRF, but he is just a standard user with the same account name.

I’m not surprised he would have an account here too. What surprises me is his ‘moderator’ decision on WUS to shut down your thread, which on this forum has developed into a fun, supportive, suspense-filled and enjoyable diversion from an otherwise challenging Covid time for many people.
Old 15 November 2020, 02:24 PM   #423
narembeen
Banned

Quote:
I’m not surprised he would have an account here too. What surprises me is his ‘moderator’ decision on WUS to shut down your thread, which on this forum has developed into a fun, supportive, suspense-filled and enjoyable diversion from an otherwise challenging Covid time for many people.
Exactly. Oh well, at least there is something to look forward to. I am extremely hopeful I will have a photo/photos this coming week.
Old 15 November 2020, 03:59 PM   #424
Black_5
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Thks for sending the WUS thread, which I just reviewed. The only guy I see getting maligned is out guy Narembeen, who got called a “troll,” PM’d by a bunch of WUS low-ballers, questioned because of his tech abilities, and then got his thread shut down within 48 hours by the ‘moderator’! What a clown show that was. I’m glad WUS’s efforts to stamp out Narenbeen’s newfound horological enthusiasm failed and he found his way over here.
What you don't see is the many deleted posts infringing WUS T&C's, and PM's he sent to WUS members also infringing forum rules.

In fact he's recently started sending innapropriate PM's to WUS members again and has been banned for similar behaviour...

SOoO many watches, SOoO little time...
Old 15 November 2020, 04:04 PM   #425
narembeen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_5 View Post
What you don't see is the many deleted posts infringing WUS T&C's, and PM's he sent to WUS members also infringing forum rules.

In fact he's recently started sending innapropriate PM's to WUS members again and has been banned for similar behaviour...

SOoO many watches, SOoO little time...
This is nonsense. Who are you and why are you now trying to sabotage this thread on TRF. I think you will find yourself very alone here if you try and troll me like you all have on WUS.

As for WUS, they put some silly ban on my account until the 17/11 for sending pm to all the trolls who harassed me back in March and all I did literally was send them back their exact quotes and a link to this thread on TRF. Boy that didnt like that...

I wonder why you are defending them champ? Are you one of the trolls? If you are going to come in here and defend the actions of those on WUS, the very least you can do is to provide your WUS username so we know who we are talking to.

You know mine, its the same name I use here. So come on, tell us all who you are.
Old 16 November 2020, 12:04 PM   #426
Filipćo
"TRF" Member

Watch: Never too many
@Black_5

Please please.

We are all enjoying a special moment, do us a favour and stop.

(Besides you're an Aussie too - so be gentle and diligent)

Thank you Sir.
Old 16 November 2020, 12:30 PM   #427
narembeen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filipćo View Post
@Black_5

Please please.

Thank you Sir.
Thanks Filipao :)

By the way, I am sending the bracelet to HK tomorrow!

Still no photos from my watch maker. Hopefully this week!
Old 17 November 2020, 10:36 AM   #428
narembeen
Banned

I believe we now have only one week to go until we receive some news. Either in the form of a screenshot or the watch on my wrist! I just paid for the service so now we just all have to wait a little while longer.
Old 17 November 2020, 11:16 AM   #429
TimeLord2
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT Master 1675/3
Quote:
I believe we now have only one week to go until we receive some news. Either in the form of a screenshot or the watch on my wrist! I just paid for the service so now we just all have to wait a little while longer.
I'm very excited for me and you! Mostly you. Going to start my own restoration very soon.
Old 17 November 2020, 11:39 AM   #430
narembeen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeLord2 View Post
I'm very excited for me and you! Mostly you. Going to start my own restoration very soon.
Oh do tell, what are you getting restored? If its a bike we may need to start a separate thread
Old 17 November 2020, 11:49 AM   #431
VintageRX
"TRF" Member

Quote:

I’m sure you must be excited to get the watch back as it’s been sometime with your watchmaker.

With that being said and I mean no offence, I’d suggest for you find different watchmaker after this haha. It seems that he hasn’t been very transparent with the whole process (not giving you a time frame and not answering calls). My watchmaker gives me a general time frame for him to complete the work and I only pay once he’s done. Just to be clear, this is my opinion and you may be happy with the way he does things, I don’t know .

However, I am excited to see how it turns out and if it’s able to keep relatively accurate time (+5/-5)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 17 November 2020, 12:14 PM   #432
GGGMT
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
@Black_5

Please please.

Thank you Sir.

Filipao— a very thoughtful response. And restrained. You have more patience than I for that kind of negativity.
Old 17 November 2020, 12:26 PM   #433
narembeen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageRX View Post
I’m sure you must be excited to get the watch back as it’s been sometime with your watchmaker.

With that being said and I mean no offence, I’d suggest for you find different watchmaker after this haha. It seems that he hasn’t been very transparent with the whole process (not giving you a time frame and not answering calls). My watchmaker gives me a general time frame for him to complete the work and I only pay once he’s done. Just to be clear, this is my opinion and you may be happy with the way he does things, I don’t know .

However, I am excited to see how it turns out and if it’s able to keep relatively accurate time (+5/-5)

I know, I just get the feeling the pandemic hit this guy and hit him hard. So I have given him as much space as he needed to work on the watch. If I had started messaging him I dont think I would have stopped, thats how eager I am for updates. Anyhow, I did finally cave and send him a few update requests. He is only open a few days a week since losing all of his staff.
Old 17 November 2020, 12:28 PM   #434
VintageRX
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I know, I just get the feeling the pandemic hit this guy and hit him hard. So I have given him as much space as he needed to work on the watch. If I had started messaging him I dont think I would have stopped, thats how eager I am for updates. Anyhow, I did finally cave and send him a few update requests. He is only open a few days a week since losing all of his staff.

I see what you mean... well then lefts give him the benefit of the doubt and say covid is to blame haha

Old 17 November 2020, 12:28 PM   #435
narembeen
Banned

Quote:
Filipao— a very thoughtful response. And restrained. You have more patience than I for that kind of negativity.
Yes Filipao diffused that situation like a true master.

(P.S - where did you get the poop emoticon? I needed that back in March!)
Old 17 November 2020, 12:29 PM   #436
narembeen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageRX View Post
I see what you mean... well then lefts give him the benefit of the doubt and say covid is to blame haha

He did say two weeks, so next Wednesday I will be expecting some news
Old 17 November 2020, 01:15 PM   #437
chinaski
"TRF" Member

Watch: SpeedyProExplorer1
I wake up with my morning coffee, and this thread is one of the first things I check. I haven't been super proactive as far as posting, but I have certainly been watching since the beginning!

Very much looking forward to the results here, this is exciting!
Old 17 November 2020, 08:45 PM   #438
joli160
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Yachtmaster
Quote:
Yes Filipao diffused that situation like a true master.

He did Best is not to get triggered by negativity and simply ignore. Don’t feed the trolls
Old 18 November 2020, 12:59 AM   #439
Das
"TRF" Member

Haven't logged in for years but have done so now for this thread! Can't wait to see pics next week.

And what's happened to WUS?? I used to be on there over a decade ago and it was great; the Rolex section was friendly and helpful. I have had a look past few days and oh my word it's filled with......well, nevermind…..it's still nice here though!!
Old 18 November 2020, 06:48 AM   #440
swaini3
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1675 GMT, DRSD
Quote:

Old 18 November 2020, 09:06 AM   #441
Rebel
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tudor Sub 75090
Waiting on those pics.
Old 18 November 2020, 11:16 PM   #442
narembeen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Das View Post
Haven't logged in for years but have done so now for this thread! Can't wait to see pics next week.

And what's happened to WUS?? I used to be on there over a decade ago and it was great; the Rolex section was friendly and helpful. I have had a look past few days and oh my word it's filled with......well, nevermind…..it's still nice here though!!
You said it. I prefer the crowd in here
Old 19 November 2020, 10:31 AM   #443
judson
"TRF" Member

Watch: changes depending
I am also one of those that check this thread daily. Can't wait to see it finished.
Old 20 November 2020, 04:29 AM   #444
Nickyisrael
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Explorer II
I can only imagine the stories behind this thing!
Old 20 November 2020, 05:07 AM   #445
csfischer20
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR
I only saw this thread for the first time today and i'm dying for an update. This is awesome! Can't wait to see the finished product.
Old 20 November 2020, 06:30 AM   #446
Filipćo
"TRF" Member

Watch: Never too many
This is what happens when passion is above profit.
Old 20 November 2020, 08:03 AM   #447
SunTzu
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5513 116234 79280P
Every time I see this thread updated I think that there has been in fact, an update.

Instead, I'm deflated because it's guys posting about waiting for an update
Old 20 November 2020, 08:06 AM   #448
narembeen
Banned

Quote:
This is what happens when passion is above profit.
I think that is perhaps the best way to describe what I am doing here. Thank you Filipao!
Old 20 November 2020, 08:08 AM   #449
GGGMT
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunTzu View Post
Every time I see this thread updated I think that there has been in fact, an update.

Instead, I'm deflated because it's guys posting about waiting for an update

Well, that certainly throws a wet towel on those of us who were enjoying the back and forth and keeping in touch each other during the wait. Please note the option of not following this thread to avoid deflation.
Old 20 November 2020, 08:10 AM   #450
SunTzu
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5513 116234 79280P
Quote:
Well, that certainly throws a wet towel on those of us who were enjoying the back and forth and keeping in touch each other during the wait. Please note the option of not following this thread to avoid deflation.
I'm enjoying it too, relax. I'm just cracking a joke. I thought the ... ... would help to insinuate that. Guess it fell flat for you.