The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Vintage Rolex Discussion

Old 26 October 2020, 02:14 AM   #1
swizznanaz
"TRF" Member

Watch: AirKing 116900
Seeking Top Rated Watchmaker Tri State Area

Hello TRF , I am seeking an Immaculate watchmaker with high regards and understand this forum is the best place to find one. I know TRF has everything from enthusiasts to ligament watchmakers. I see the trusted sellers list and some Watchmaker lists but I would like opinions and recommendations from any in the Tri State area please.

Thanks
swizznanaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 October 2020, 05:57 AM   #2
Styles Bitchley
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1680
Not being an American, I always assumed “tri-state area” referred to a variety of places?
Styles Bitchley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 October 2020, 06:15 AM   #3
Dan S
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styles Bitchley View Post
Not being an American, I always assumed “tri-state area” referred to a variety of places?
If you live in the OP's location, you actually live at the center of the universe. In "The City", "The Tri-State Area", etc.

Old 26 October 2020, 06:27 AM   #4
bmb15
Banned

According to his profile, the OP is located in Fairfield County, which is in Conneticut, USA. A map of the Tri-State-Area you find in Google.
Luckily I'm also not living in "The City" there.
bmb15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 October 2020, 06:50 AM   #5
swizznanaz
"TRF" Member

It’s an informal term for people who live in the metropolitan area of NYC , fairfield county and North Jersey. It’s Technically all three entire states and a portion of PA which seems meh. But either way people travel back and forth to the city so everyone is familiar
Old 26 October 2020, 06:51 AM   #6
swizznanaz
"TRF" Member

Lol that picture though !
Old 26 October 2020, 07:03 AM   #7
MILGAUSS88
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swizznanaz View Post
Hello TRF , I am seeking an Immaculate watchmaker with high regards and understand this forum is the best place to find one. I know TRF has everything from enthusiasts to ligament watchmakers. I see the trusted sellers list and some Watchmaker lists but I would like opinions and recommendations from any in the Tri State area please.

Thanks
My state has 6 tri-state areas. You might need to be a little more specific.
MILGAUSS88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26 October 2020, 09:44 AM   #8
Styles Bitchley
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1680
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan S View Post
If you live in the OP's location, you actually live at the center of the universe. In "The City", "The Tri-State Area", etc.

Lol. Got it. Thanks Dan.
Styles Bitchley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 October 2020, 10:00 AM   #9
harry in montreal
"TRF" Member

Watch: The Habs pick 1st!
Isn’t The City also San Francisco ? Only lowly tourists call it sanfran. I wish we had more tourists...like everywhere
harry in montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 October 2020, 10:00 AM   #10
Nikrnic
"TRF" Member

Watch: Blnr, Expll, Subs,
The Tri state area includes New York, New Jersey, Connecticut and if you want to get technical it's actually four states, you have to include N.E. Pennsylvania.
One possible lead. Call Tarrytown Jewelers in Hartsdale NY. ask for Jenny. Their highly established in a busy watch area and may be able to point you in a right direction..

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Nikrnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 October 2020, 11:35 AM   #11
swizznanaz
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikrnic View Post
The Tri state area includes New York, New Jersey, Connecticut and if you want to get technical it's actually four states, you have to include N.E. Pennsylvania.
One possible lead. Call Tarrytown Jewelers in Hartsdale NY. ask for Jenny. Their highly established in a busy watch area and may be able to point you in a right direction..

I love Tarrytown road ! The ultimate cuthrough when traffic on interstate is horrid! Will do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 26 October 2020, 11:59 AM   #12
SunTzu
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5513 116234 79280P
Shami Fine Watchmaking in Fairfield, NJ. Honest, super customer oriented, 3 generations watchmaking family owned, impeccable high end state of the art dust free workshop, highly competent workmanship, two year warranty. Stop in and/or call and ask for Adam the owner. Tell him Seth the Seiko fanatic sent you! He knows me well. Tell him I said that he'll take good care of you!

They've serviced all my vintage Rolex and MANY vintage Seiko chronographs and divers. They're an authorized repair center for many large brands including all in the SWATCH Group. They only use all genuine factory Rolex parts.

Probably the nicest setup in a watchmaking business I've ever seen. Never had an issue with any of my watches after servicing. And he'll respect any wishes you have like not polishing vintage cases, etc...
Old 26 October 2020, 01:27 PM   #13
Nikrnic
"TRF" Member

Watch: Blnr, Expll, Subs,
Quote:
Originally Posted by swizznanaz View Post
I love Tarrytown road ! The ultimate cuthrough when traffic on interstate is horrid! Will do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cool.. If you want to drop a couple of names let me although you'll be fine. They are good people. Jenny and her dad are owners.

Nikrnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 October 2020, 07:19 PM   #14
bmb15
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunTzu View Post
Shami Fine Watchmaking in Fairfield, NJ..... impeccable high end state of the art dust free workshop...
A dust free workshop? Does not exist on this planet. Or do they have an expensive high-tech class 10 cleanroom? I doubt.
bmb15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 October 2020, 12:40 AM   #15
SunTzu
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5513 116234 79280P

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmb15 View Post
A dust free workshop? Does not exist on this planet. Or do they have an expensive high-tech class 10 cleanroom? I doubt.

When I got a walk through of the shop, I walked through a little enclosure where the door behind me had to close before the one in front of me opened. The floor was “sticky” I assume to catch dust. I had to wear foot booties and a lab coat. Everyone who works there has to take off their shoes when they arrive and put on shoes that don’t leave the shop.

Now is this a class 10 clean room setup or borrowing features of one? I don’t know. Is this a “dust free” workshop? It’s the nicest most seriously attempted setup I’ve seen in an independent watchmakers workshop to achieve an environment that is as “dust free” as possible.

Was I being super technical and literal when I say “dust free?” No.

What’s funny is I’ve brought him watches that other independent watchmakers serviced which run fine and he shows me little particles of dust on the movement

Sent from Crapatalk