The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 22 July 2017, 06:44 PM   #1
JIMT8292
Banned

How tough is an Avenger Blackbird

I bought myself a new Sub earlier this year and love it, wear it all the time when not at work as it's not quite the right look for a cell block and it's nice to have an out of wor watch. However since buying I do sort of now have a bit of a watch thing going on (like joining this forum) and quite fancy a really nice piece of daily workwear.

Love the look of these and was wondering how tough is the finish / glass etc on an Avenger Blackbird?

JIMT8292 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 July 2017, 03:36 AM   #2
ludvig1883
"TRF" Member

Watch: Superocean Special
I looked at this watch for a long time especially because I like the lightness of titanium. I considered it even more when it came out in a 44mm size.

What kept me from purchasing this watch was that every time I looked at a used one for sale that clearly was worn it always had worn issues on the bezel. Like the black coating was worn down or coming off. I look at the used market to see how watches wear down even if I'm buying new.

I found a very clear alternative that I actually find to be very robust and prefer it over the blackbird. I bought the superocean 44 special in black. The all ceramic bezel is extremely tough. I myself am in the military, and wanted an all black watch as per uniform regulations.

I have owned the superocean 44 special for 5 months now and I have no issues with the black coating, and the ceramic bezel is a champ. I have hit the bezel by accident, but you could know it by looking at it. Not to mention the all ceramic has a very nice deep black gloss on the sides and a subtle reflection on top when the light hits it. It gives it a more special appearance that is clearly more high end.

You have to see the all black superocean 44 special in person to appreciate that ceramic bezel and how great the black and white contrast through out the whole watch.
ludvig1883 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 July 2017, 11:18 AM   #3
breitlings
Banned

Watch: Apple TV
Colt skyracer deserves a look too. It's a breitlight case.
breitlings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 July 2017, 09:37 PM   #4
JIMT8292
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludvig1883 View Post
I looked at this watch for a long time especially because I like the lightness of titanium. I considered it even more when it came out in a 44mm size.

What kept me from purchasing this watch was that every time I looked at a used one for sale that clearly was worn it always had worn issues on the bezel. Like the black coating was worn down or coming off. I look at the used market to see how watches wear down even if I'm buying new.

I found a very clear alternative that I actually find to be very robust and prefer it over the blackbird. I bought the superocean 44 special in black. The all ceramic bezel is extremely tough. I myself am in the military, and wanted an all black watch as per uniform regulations.

I have owned the superocean 44 special for 5 months now and I have no issues with the black coating, and the ceramic bezel is a champ. I have hit the bezel by accident, but you could know it by looking at it. Not to mention the all ceramic has a very nice deep black gloss on the sides and a subtle reflection on top when the light hits it. It gives it a more special appearance that is clearly more high end.

You have to see the all black superocean 44 special in person to appreciate that ceramic bezel and how great the black and white contrast through out the whole watch.
Nice ... thanks.
Old 24 July 2017, 03:08 AM   #5
ludvig1883
"TRF" Member

Watch: Superocean Special
Just a correction. I meant to say you could not know I have ever hit the ceramic bezel. The ceramic bezel is very tough.
ludvig1883 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 July 2017, 03:06 AM   #6
JIMT8292
Banned

Walking past the shop today so tried one for size ... really like it.

Old 26 July 2017, 03:32 AM   #7
Pmt2
"TRF" Member

It looks time a tank
Pmt2 is offline   Reply With Quote