The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Closed Thread

Old 20 August 2022, 10:27 PM   #31
1665fan
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moondoggy View Post
Long covid.
Something fishy going on here…..who has 5 ADs that close, who has 5 stupid ADs that close(that’s didn’t open and just say it’s real lol)???? They must not have even taken the bracelet off and they guaranteed real???? Umm nooo
Old 20 August 2022, 11:00 PM   #32
MikeNY
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by medicdj View Post
Yes it does have the free sprung balance one of the ad pointed It out that it was correct, it has a spring on it. My pictures really look different then the watch in person but none the less I have compared it to an authentic one it store and nothing was different so I am not sure what to say. I do know it is fake now so I am not claiming it is authentic but like I said it fooled the ADS so I am surprised.

Your movement doesn’t have free sprung balance
It’s a deco cover on the top of balance bridge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 21 August 2022, 01:42 AM   #33
medicdj
Banned

The free spring balance works there was no power in the watch once I wound up the watch it started moving again and if I posted a video you would see its there and working. I bought the watch but was 50/50 on the sellers story because he put so much effort into the whole thing and I thought it was odd to go through all that trouble to sell a fake, I was saying I think this is a group of people doing this because of the attention to detail from providing extra Rolex items to the story and the Receipt and now the dealer the receipt was faked from is looking into the situation. I over the course of a week have taken the watch all over Southern California and I was trying to relay the watch was authenticated and all I did was remove the bracelet and see the wrong Ref number telling me its fake and I do not understand why the AD did not take the time to verify this. I purchased a loop and case back remover and spent a lot of time comparing this to other movement pics online and I did not see anything different and thank you to those for the input. For those on the balance spring as I said it moves and I verified it moves just like the gen one in videos so it is not just sitting there. I did not write this post to deceive or not have validity to my story, I was just posting my experience because to me its all hard to believe and I am the one who went through it and for the AD to carelessly pass it is dangerous.
Old 21 August 2022, 04:05 AM   #34
101031-28
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1665
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeNY View Post
Your movement doesn’t have free sprung balance
It’s a deco cover on the top of balance bridge
This.

Ian Fleming
Old 21 August 2022, 05:20 AM   #35
greekbum
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex GMT 16750
Very easy to tell its fake.What AD authenticates a watch? 5 of them? Shame them all here please.

Original Owner ROLEX 16750 GMT Daily Wearer For Over 13,000 Days And Counting
Old 21 August 2022, 05:22 AM   #36
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Watch: One of Not Many
Quote:

So I am sitting here now shaking my head in disbelief the receipt was from a Jeweler 2 city's away and the address of his grandfather was the city next to where I met him and he included all this extra stuff and the story lined up along with his Grandfathers name who was a Manager for a famous band and he knew there songs and had a whole story about everything.
Vacheron Constantin Traditionnelle Complete Calendar, Glashutte PanoInverse, Glashutte SeaQ Panorama Date, Omega Aqua Terra 150, Omega CK 859, Omega Speedmaster 3861 Moonwatch, Glashutte Senator Exellence, Rolex 116710 GMT Master II BLNR, Breitling Superocean Steelfish, JLC Atmos Transparent
Old 21 August 2022, 05:53 AM   #37
Goochy
"TRF" Member

Watch: 6263, 1019, DSSD.
Quote:
The free spring balance works there was no power in the watch once I wound up the watch it started moving again and if I posted a video you would see its there and working. I bought the watch but was 50/50 on the sellers story because he put so much effort into the whole thing and I thought it was odd to go through all that trouble to sell a fake, I was saying I think this is a group of people doing this because of the attention to detail from providing extra Rolex items to the story and the Receipt and now the dealer the receipt was faked from is looking into the situation. I over the course of a week have taken the watch all over Southern California and I was trying to relay the watch was authenticated and all I did was remove the bracelet and see the wrong Ref number telling me its fake and I do not understand why the AD did not take the time to verify this. I purchased a loop and case back remover and spent a lot of time comparing this to other movement pics online and I did not see anything different and thank you to those for the input. For those on the balance spring as I said it moves and I verified it moves just like the gen one in videos so it is not just sitting there. I did not write this post to deceive or not have validity to my story, I was just posting my experience because to me its all hard to believe and I am the one who went through it and for the AD to carelessly pass it is dangerous.
Google “free sprung balance”. Your balance is not free sprung, it has a regulator. Fake.
Old 21 August 2022, 05:55 AM   #38
OliverD
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Politely, I don’t think you have any idea what a free sprung balance is.

A number of people here have told you that it’s an obvious fake. Have you considered the possibility that AD’s are not very reliable Authenticators of watches?
Old 21 August 2022, 06:22 AM   #39
Kowaco
"TRF" Member

Watch: G Shock
Get insurance and lose the watch then get a real one

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 21 August 2022, 06:25 AM   #40
tike71
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kowaco View Post
Get insurance and lose the watch then get a real one

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
That would be considered fraud. SMDH
Old 21 August 2022, 06:39 AM   #41
2loaded
"TRF" Member

Watch: es watches
It's going to happen.
Old 21 August 2022, 07:37 AM   #42
samuel019
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Me go broke!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tike71 View Post
Yeah I was thinking the exact same.

O P all you need to know is its very rare, even with the thread posted recently, to have a 116610 turned into a 114060 and vice versa. Even that thread had no pics IIRC so even that's to be questioned

Plus the movement, rehaut, and yes the price. Everyone and there moma knows about Rolex and value these days so its hard to believe your seller wouldnt have taken advantage of getting more money

I'd be trying to contact the seller, if you can find him, to get my money back.

Not sure there is any other options via the police etc but I'd try
Old 21 August 2022, 09:52 AM   #43
medicdj
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by OliverD View Post

A number of people here have told you that it’s an obvious fake. Have you considered the possibility that AD’s are not very reliable Authenticators of watches?
You are correct I have no idea, I googled it and it looks the same on the picture as whats on my watch so I am missing something.
Old 21 August 2022, 09:53 AM   #44
medicdj
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by samuel019 View Post
Yeah I was thinking the exact same.

O P all you need to know is its very rare, even with the thread posted recently, to have a 116610 turned into a 114060 and vice versa. Even that thread had no pics IIRC so even that's to be questioned

Plus the movement, rehaut, and yes the price. Everyone and there moma knows about Rolex and value these days so its hard to believe your seller wouldnt have taken advantage of getting more money

I'd be trying to contact the seller, if you can find him, to get my money back.

Not sure there is any other options via the police etc but I'd try

I contacted the seller who is willing to give my money back and I will be doing that in a couple days. I don't know enough about Rolex so I am no expert but all I know is I am looking at a No date sub and between the lugs it says Stainless Steel on one side and the other 116610 so I am unsure what happened. I am very curious about the whole thing because they really dressed up the sale with Rolex Gloves, all the manuals, two Rolex Holiday Catalogs a legit looking receipt from a known Jeweler and I understand its a fake as I stated that in the beginning. If you all knew every detail to the story it would sound crazy.
Old 21 August 2022, 09:55 AM   #45
medicdj
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tike71 View Post
Yes you are correct thats why I am in contact with the Jeweler who's name is on the receipt as they are very curious as to whats going on, they told me their opinion is these are professionals who are creating this authentic looking receipts.
Old 21 August 2022, 09:58 AM   #46
medicdj
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by OliverD View Post

I know I have been told its a fake and I already knew that as I posted that it's a clone. I am unsure why the AD's passed it and it was compared to a real one and I didn't see a difference under a loop on both and I am not an expert but they are. I am working with the Jeweler who the receipt was faked and I am also contacting the AD'S to make them aware of what I have found out.
Old 21 August 2022, 10:25 AM   #47
medicdj
Banned

Also as far as a free spring balance I will take your word it doesn't have it, all I see is a gold round wheel with a coiled up spring on it that is hanging there and when the watch is running it's moving and there is the metal bridge that goes across and it has a little arm that sticks out that will move left and right and thats all I have there so what ever you see I am missing I believe you.
Old 21 August 2022, 10:40 AM   #48
medicdj
Banned

I guess sharing my story was of no point so Mods feel free to delete the thread.
Old 21 August 2022, 11:06 AM   #49
KY..
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 60s to 90s
Quote:
there is the metal bridge that goes across and it has a little arm that sticks out that will move left and right and thats all I have there
Ding! Ding! Ding! FAKE! FAKE! FAKE!
Now you can go study up and try getting your money back.
Good luck!
Old 21 August 2022, 11:25 AM   #50
medicdj
Banned

Thank you everyone for the lesson it’s much appreciated and if someone could post a pic of an authentic 3130 movement that looks different than mine I would appreciate it as all the ones I find online look identical to mine.
Old 21 August 2022, 11:50 AM   #51
77T
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Crazy Rolex Purchase and Story and Authenticated at 5 AD and its a clone, I think.

Genuine and the same as over 190K photos on the web.

It’s obvious to anyone…

Below is what you posted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does anyone really know what time it is?
Old 21 August 2022, 12:35 PM   #52
medicdj
Banned

Thank you I see a difference on the gold wheel it has more arms and little things in between this one doesn’t, the bridge looks almost the same to me and I guess this is what’s obvious to you, I’m not an expert so that’s why I’m in this mess and trusting AD didn’t bode well for me either. I want to thank you going forward I will be able to tell better what is real and what is not.
Old 21 August 2022, 01:00 PM   #53
freefly
"TRF" Member

Watch: 4&5-digit Sub/GMTs
Quote:
I saw an ad on Craigslist for a Rolex Submariner...
Quote:
he tells me a story about his Grandfather...
Didn't even need to see the pictures.
Old 21 August 2022, 01:38 PM   #54
freefly
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1665fan View Post
Something fishy going on here…..who has 5 ADs that close, who has 5 stupid ADs that close (that’s didn’t open and just say it’s real lol)???? They must not have even taken the bracelet off and they guaranteed real???? Umm nooo
Bonus question:

Who has 5 ADs that close with on-site watchmakers, willing to "authenticate" a walk-in watch, including one that would be willing to
remove the case-back on a new watch to "compare" with a fake that could be spotted from a mile away, yet still be fooled...LOL.

Anyone in the market for a bridge? I know a guy...
Old 21 August 2022, 02:08 PM   #55
MrGoat
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 16613
Quote:
Originally Posted by freefly View Post
Bonus question:

Who has 5 ADs that close with on-site watchmakers, willing to "authenticate" a walk-in watch, including one that would be willing to
remove the case-back on a new watch to "compare" with a fake that could be spotted from a mile away, yet still be fooled...LOL.

Anyone in the market for a bridge? I know a guy...

I already brought this up and no AD would have a “new” 116610. So they’d have had to take apart a pre owned sale model to compare.

It doesn’t add up.

Sent from my Apple privacy invasion product
Old 21 August 2022, 02:32 PM   #56
Rolexken
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Thank you I see a difference on the gold wheel it has more arms and little things in between this one doesn’t, the bridge looks almost the same to me and I guess this is what’s obvious to you, I’m not an expert so that’s why I’m in this mess and trusting AD didn’t bode well for me either. I want to thank you going forward I will be able to tell better what is real and what is not.
That’s exactly the information I posted for you yesterday saying to compare your movement to a photo online. People can analyse a fake watch with a loupe for hours but it’s always the balance wheel inside that is the easy way to tell.
Old 21 August 2022, 02:34 PM   #57
freefly
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I am wondering if there is more to the story, could the dealer that sold it put the wrong movement in the wrong case?
No. The case is just as fake as the movement (and bracelet), which you already knew.
Quote:
I take it to another jeweler and they say authentic and give me an insurance appraisal.
Yeah? What jeweler was that? Let's see a pic of the appraisal (preferably one not taken with a potato cam and/or filters, like your original pics).
Quote:
I just don't understand how this whole deal is so detailed.
Sort of like the level of detail with your account of things in this thread?
Old 21 August 2022, 03:01 PM   #58
MrGoat
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 16613
Crazy Rolex Purchase and Story and Authenticated at 5 AD and its a clone, I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freefly View Post
No. The case is just as fake as the movement (and bracelet), which you already knew.

Yeah? What jeweler was that? Let's see a pic of the appraisal (preferably one not taken with a potato cam and/or filters, like your original pics).

Sort of like the level of detail with your account of things in this thread?

Yeah, every question about the watch was answered but mine about how he talked 5 AD’s into popping the case back and authenticating it and one also popping the case back off a pre owned 116610 to authenticate did not get answered.

Seems like a new way to try to fish for tells to build a better fake if you ask me.

Btw, OP, your watch has many tells. Everything looks fake to me and I’m no expert.

Old 21 August 2022, 07:57 PM   #59
1665fan
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGoat View Post
Yeah, every question about the watch was answered but mine about how he talked 5 AD’s into popping the case back and authenticating it and one also popping the case back off a pre owned 116610 to authenticate did not get answered.

Seems like a new way to try to fish for tells to build a better fake if you ask me.

Btw, OP, your watch has many tells. Everything looks fake to me and I’m no expert.

+1……..guy might just be looking for clues to make a better clone
Old 21 August 2022, 08:24 PM   #60
interestedwatcher
2024 Pledge Member

This is weird. But for anyone reading - a good scammer would invest many hours to his craft. He would know that he needs to give a good enough performance that the mark is willing to over look warning signs or red flags to make a purchase. A fake receipt and a good story is a small investment to the larger scam. He may have invested 5 hours to this - and I’m guessing he took OP for 4K or more - the replica probably cost him 2 or 3 hundred? Not a bad profit for a days work.