The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 27 July 2016, 09:28 AM   #31
janice&fred
Banned

Watch: all of them!
Tudor...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff hess View Post

In fact, I am looking for a Tudor expert right now...does anyone know one? I have owned thousands of Rolex Tudors but do not consider myself an expert. And I have 2 that came in from dealers that I am 99% certain are genuine. And I would like a second opinion.

Thanks in advance!

Jeff
hiya Jeff,

Tudor-wise pop over to VRF and take a look as our resident Tudor guru Morgan Jones has a dedicated section on serial #s for them and knows those watches front to back! there is also a Tudor Dial archive on VRF where my wife and other Tudor collectors have contributed pics of their collection for reference.

BTW my wife absolutely LOVES her older Ball Fireman and that thing is still looking and running as new. i'll post a couple pics of it here later today to attest to the quality of these things as it handles this tropical south pacific climate very well and stands up against anything else in our large collection

janice and fred

cebu city philippines
janice&fred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 July 2016, 10:19 AM   #32
jeff hess
"TRF" Member

Watch: Patek and Ball
Thanks. Ball has been a fun project!

Will check out vrf.

I am learning the intricacies of Tudor serial numbers and it is fascinating. Specifically, I have two Big blocks that have serial numbers not close at all. Yet both have date codes on bracelets that indicate 1984.

Jeff
jeff hess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 July 2016, 04:10 PM   #33
southtexas
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Is this a Real or Fake Rolex 1680 Red Submariner? Experts needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff hess View Post
Thanks. Ball has been a fun project!

Will check out vrf.

I am learning the intricacies of Tudor serial numbers and it is fascinating. Specifically, I have two Big blocks that have serial numbers not close at all. Yet both have date codes on bracelets that indicate 1984.

Jeff

Mr. Hess, I have an operational question for you (attempting to satisfy my own curiosity into the workings of larger dealers such as yourself).

Clearly, your organization deals with a large number of watches. How many of those would you say you personally handle and/or inspect prior to being listed for sale (and who approves said listings)? Otherwise, who vets them before they're put up on eBay?

In full disclosure, I ask my last question as a result of the DD thread currently in watch out.

Thanks for your continued contributions to this discussion!

Ps to answer your Tudor question, as another poster mentioned, a few guys on VRF are huge Tudor guys and jump all over Tudor related questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Follow me on Instagram @ccrolex
southtexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 July 2016, 08:03 AM   #34
jeff hess
"TRF" Member

[QUOTE=southtexas;6883754]Mr. Hess, I have an operational question for you (attempting to satisfy my own curiosity into the workings of larger dealers such as yourself).

Clearly, your organization deals with a large number of watches. How many of those would you say you personally handle and/or inspect prior to being listed for sale (and who approves said listings)? Otherwise, who vets them before they're put up on eBay? (S[LIST=1]
SADLY VERY FEW. WE HAVE 42 EMPLOYEES (12 DEDICATED TO EBAY AND LIVEACUTIONEERS AND INVALUABLE) 9AND MY WIFE RUNS THE AUCTION SIDE) OCASIONALLY AT NIGHT I PERUSE EBAY AND SEE A TOTAL F-UP OR TRAIN WRECK AND HAVE THEM TAKE IT DOWN THE NEXT DAY. TYPICALLY THEY RUNIT BY OUR 3 WATCHMAKERS (2 ARE ROLEX TRAINED) BUT THEY ARE UNDER 40 AND DO NOT KNOW A *LOT* ABOUT VINTAGE SO THEY MAKE THE ODD MISTAKE FROM TIME TO TIME (RARELY DO THEY MAKE A MISTAKE ON MODERN THOUGH)

In full disclosure, I ask my last question as a result of the DD thread currently in watch out.

Thanks for your continued contributions to this discussion!

Ps to answer your Tudor question, as another poster mentioned, a few guys on VRF are huge Tudor guys and jump all over Tudor related questions.
(THANKS I JUST BOUGTH TWO SPECTACULARY BIG BLOCKS AND SINCE (AS NOTED) I HAVE BOUGHT THOUSANDS OF TUDORS OVER THE YEARS, I WOULD LIEK TO VET THEM BOTH BEFORE SELLING THEM. (ONE, WAS ABLE TO VET THRU A TRF MEMBER ALREADY AND WE POSTED IT. STILL WAITING ON THE VERDICT FOR THE SECOND ONE.)

THANKS!
Old 28 July 2016, 08:12 AM   #35
jeff hess
"TRF" Member

that said, if there is an important watch that goes up, like the MARK IV that we sold last month or the double red Seadweller we have up now, I for sure get involved.Katrina MAKES SURE!

Please note that usually we get a heads up from one of you guys if something is amiss and it gets fixed quickly.

(btw, these are rare. we sold over a million dollars of Rolexes on Live Invaluble and ebay in the last 60 days.) (not bragging ...this has been my lifes work..and just pointing out that percentage-wise VERY VERY few get put up with wrong info.)

(Just sold a MARK I double RED Patent pending today! ) (not ebay of course!)