The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 10 April 2020, 10:08 PM   #1
JPS
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116500 White&Black
Hulk incoming... just got to wait...

Ok, so during what’s going on in the world right now & with no expectations whatsoever of securing this amazing piece, I get a call out of the blue from my AD to say that there has been some additional stock coming into the UK & that if I want it then the Hulk is mine.

Only caveat being that I have to pay in full via the email link from the AD (£7450) to which I do as soon as I get the email sent over to me.

Now that’s all done, I am able to go and pick up the watch as soon as the stores are back open again in the UK & safely open for business but it’s nice to know that I’ve managed to secure such a magnificent piece as the Hulk and it will be even sweeter when the wait is finally over.

So in just 18 months, all from my AD I’ve managed to get the steel white and black Daytona’s and now the Hulk. I feel very lucky. Obviously pictures will follow when the watch is collected whenever that day shall be, but first and foremost the health & safety of everyone is of paramount importance.
JPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 April 2020, 10:13 PM   #2
Odie-r
"TRF" Member

Awesome! Congrats in advance on your new Hulk!
Old 10 April 2020, 10:20 PM   #3
khalifam
"TRF" Member

I'm assuming this is the WOS group? What if they go under? I'd be wary... Section 75 will also not cover you as WOS are sending you a link to pay via third party...

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
khalifam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 April 2020, 10:22 PM   #4
Patton250
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 5205R
It shows your persistence will prevail. Congratulations. I had to wait just over a year to get my black Daytona and hulk also. I hope the stores open soon so you can pick it up.

Pride goes before destruction, and haughtiness before a fall.

Often times unbelief is disguised as wisdom

Instagram - patton250
Patton250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 April 2020, 10:32 PM   #5
Flybak
"TRF" Member

Watch: Enthusiast
Congrats in advance!
Flybak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 April 2020, 10:34 PM   #6
Marcjvr
"TRF" Member

Watch: 214270
Congrats...although you have also now become a creditor to a business that is closed indefinitely. Crazy times
Marcjvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 April 2020, 10:36 PM   #7
jamesthejeweller
"TRF" Member

Watch: PLATONA
Congrats!!

J-T-J
jamesthejeweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 April 2020, 10:57 PM   #8
Mervynilous
"TRF" Member

Seems like more and more of these buy-now-get-later threads are popping up each day. ADs must be desperate for cash, and it will be interesting to say the least if they blow through their wait lists and the stay at home issues aren't resolved.

Congrats to you, op, if you're comfortable with that arrangement.
Mervynilous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 April 2020, 11:03 PM   #9
jack0
"TRF" Member

Congrats! I love my hulk, looks so good on a sunny day.

I’ve seen a lot of these posts, I wonder if WoS group are releasing more of the ‘hot’ models than they would normally, as they know these are the only ones people would pay for in advance.
jack0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 April 2020, 11:21 PM   #10
gramo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPS View Post
Ok, so during what’s going on in the world right now & with no expectations whatsoever of securing this amazing piece, I get a call out of the blue from my AD to say that there has been some additional stock coming into the UK & that if I want it then the Hulk is mine.

Only caveat being that I have to pay in full via the email link from the AD (£7450) to which I do as soon as I get the email sent over to me.

Now that’s all done, I am able to go and pick up the watch as soon as the stores are back open again in the UK & safely open for business but it’s nice to know that I’ve managed to secure such a magnificent piece as the Hulk and it will be even sweeter when the wait is finally over.

So in just 18 months, all from my AD I’ve managed to get the steel white and black Daytona’s and now the Hulk. I feel very lucky. Obviously pictures will follow when the watch is collected whenever that day shall be, but first and foremost the health & safety of everyone is of paramount importance.
Hi JPS-can I check just in case I may get a call from my AD, did you get a call from your local AD or the head office.
gramo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 April 2020, 11:25 PM   #11
JPS
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gramo View Post
Hi JPS-can I check just in case I may get a call from my AD, did you get a call from your local AD or the head office.
Had the call from my local AD who is currently working from home but informed me that a fulfilment team is assigning all the pieces. I then get the email receipt emailed to me in 48 hours.
Old 11 April 2020, 01:44 AM   #12
gramo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Had the call from my local AD who is currently working from home but informed me that a fulfilment team is assigning all the pieces. I then get the email receipt emailed to me in 48 hours.
Cheers JPS
gramo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 April 2020, 01:57 AM   #13
APPRF
"TRF" Member

Congrats. Definitely something up with the Hulk. Too many incoming during last 2 months. Either Rolex getting rid of green bezels before discontinuation, or a lot have been converted from China market. Too many incomings, not normal.
APPRF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 April 2020, 02:05 AM   #14
Njw
"TRF" Member

£7.5k left with an AD who is closed for an item with no guaranteed collection date before a likely global recession with no security...rather you than me
Njw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 April 2020, 02:10 AM   #15
JayB
"TRF" Member

Watch: EXP, DJ, NF
Congrats and good luck, I hope it works out well.

Rolex Explorer -- Rolex Datejust -- Tudor North Flag -- Omega De Ville Trésor -- Tudor Black Bay GMT -- Omega Speedmaster Professional -- Tudor Black Bay Fifty Eight
JayB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 April 2020, 02:12 AM   #16
watchmework
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126710BLRO, 116600
Congrats in advance!
watchmework is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 April 2020, 02:17 AM   #17
i-spy
"TRF" Member

Congrats!
Old 11 April 2020, 02:21 AM   #18
chris242
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 116610lv
Quote:
Originally Posted by khalifam View Post
I'm assuming this is the WOS group? What if they go under? I'd be wary... Section 75 will also not cover you as WOS are sending you a link to pay via third party...

just saw that in a YouTube video this morning too, hope it all works out for the OP, but there's a definite gamble there
chris242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 April 2020, 02:42 AM   #19
Meyrin
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub 14060
"Only caveat being that I have to pay in full via the email link from the AD (£7450) to which I do as soon as I get the email sent over to me.

Now that’s all done, I am able to go and pick up the watch as soon as the stores are back open again..."

Not something I would have done, no matter how much I wanted a watch, and certainly not in these uncertain times. Unless you're rolling in it £7450 is a lot of money to put down without knowing if your AD will ever be re-opening! And afaik ADs never know when and what they're getting from Rolex...this from two ADs where I live. Anyway, Rolex Geneva shut down a few weeks ago, and I haven't read anything about them shipping watches at the moment...but I may have missed something! Nevertheless I do hope that you eventually get the watch you want and enjoy it!
Meyrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 April 2020, 03:38 AM   #20
Oxfordian
"TRF" Member

Watch: 124060 Submariner
No watch is worth spending £7000+ on when you cannot actually see or touch it, nor is there any indication when you will be able to collect the watch from the AD.

What is out there is a great group of hackers and scammers, only today I watched a scam being exposed, people trying to buy PPE for themselves or their companies being provided with bank details to send money to but no goods being supplied.

If the AD is part of the WoS group then you be able to buy via their website, at least you would know that this is secure, but I would NOT send £7000+ to the bank details provided on an e-mail.

Its the OP's call but do try and check the details out, if it goes wrong you probably won't get your money back.

Small Rolex, Omega, Seiko and Oris Collection
Oxfordian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 April 2020, 03:45 AM   #21
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Congratulations in advance
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 April 2020, 04:10 AM   #22
Tobyone
"TRF" Member

Watch: Dayton, gmt BLNR
Quote:

Can I get on that list, been waiting years from my local AD. I don’t by any jewellery, so must keep going to the bottom of the list , great results
Tobyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 April 2020, 04:32 AM   #23
Nairn1980
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT
Quote:

Congrats, you’ll be absolutely fine and your watch will be waiting for you when they open
Nairn1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 April 2020, 04:35 AM   #24
Nairn1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxfordian View Post
No watch is worth spending £7000+ on when you cannot actually see or touch it, nor is there any indication when you will be able to collect the watch from the AD.

What is out there is a great group of hackers and scammers, only today I watched a scam being exposed, people trying to buy PPE for themselves or their companies being provided with bank details to send money to but no goods being supplied.

If the AD is part of the WoS group then you be able to buy via their website, at least you would know that this is secure, but I would NOT send £7000+ to the bank details provided on an e-mail.

Its the OP's call but do try and check the details out, if it goes wrong you probably won't get your money back.
Rolex watches cannot be purchased via their website as Rolex watches cannot be sold online. Wos have no facility for this. Instead you’re sent a link to pay for the watch by credit/debit card. It’s still a wos purchase and shows wos on your statement.

There is no issue here, but always worth paying Amex/visa etc for some extra protection
Old 11 April 2020, 04:47 AM   #25
Njw
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairn1980 View Post
Rolex watches cannot be purchased via their website as Rolex watches cannot be sold online. Wos have no facility for this. Instead you’re sent a link to pay for the watch by credit/debit card. It’s still a wos purchase and shows wos on your statement.

There is no issue here, but always worth paying Amex/visa etc for some extra protection
So what about the person saying this is actually a payment via a third party and you’re not covered under Section 75? Have you actually made the payment to WOS?
Old 11 April 2020, 04:54 AM   #26
Nairn1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Njw View Post
So what about the person saying this is actually a payment via a third party and you’re not covered under Section 75? Have you actually made the payment to WOS?
Yes, it’s via checkout shopper but the retailer is watches of Switzerland. Even shows in statement as watches of Switzerland. It’s fine as far as I’m concerned.
Old 11 April 2020, 05:04 AM   #27
Njw
"TRF" Member

Quote:
It’s fine as far as I’m concerned.
Then you might want to read this
https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/ne...oppers-beware/
Old 11 April 2020, 05:14 AM   #28
Nairn1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Njw View Post
An interesting read.

Well I called Amex to double check and mentioned this 3rd party thing. They looked and said no it doesn’t matter as the retailer is showing wos so as far as they are concerned there is no 3rd party and the transaction is with WOS.

Calls are recorded so if the absolute worst happened there would be that. Either way I’m fine with it and have no doubt the watch will be there.
Old 11 April 2020, 05:14 AM   #29
AndyWright
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Deepsea
congrats! can't wait to see the pics
AndyWright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 April 2020, 06:23 AM   #30
JPS
"TRF" Member

Quote:
An interesting read.

Well I called Amex to double check and mentioned this 3rd party thing. They looked and said no it doesn’t matter as the retailer is showing wos so as far as they are concerned there is no 3rd party and the transaction is with WOS.

Calls are recorded so if the absolute worst happened there would be that. Either way I’m fine with it and have no doubt the watch will be there.
Thanks mate. Yes, all the email correspondence is with goldsmiths & the transaction on my statement shows WOS