The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 23 September 2023, 07:54 PM   #181
Henrimontgomery
"TRF" Member

Watch: yourself
Happy for you, but I think you’ll never see another RO coming your way from the boutique.

I 100% agree with you, but people are petty and will probably try to get back at you with the little power they have.

Hopefully I’m wrong and you get a new incoming soon!
Henrimontgomery is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23 September 2023, 08:22 PM   #182
cascavel
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmash View Post
Friday Update:

I’ve been offered now, a complete replacement with a fresh warranty. Essentially a totally new sale, with sending everything back from original purchase.

I genuinely love this model Offshore and everything about it, and they have assured me that the new production Offshore should already have fixes done to the movement…….so I think I’m going to take a leap of faith here and tell them that this is an acceptable resolution. As it’s not a mishmash of a new movement with old case, it’s truly a new watch and a fresh start. In my book this is sufficient remedy to fix what was obviously a lemon timepiece from the get go.

I’m not going to *demand* anything additional, as I think it’s in sour taste, but I am hopeful my boutique manager takes this entire debacle into consideration and potentially offers me sooner than later on my next allocation. And again, I’m not prying for something ‘special’, just what was my watch #2 anyhow.

Wanted to know what you gentleman also think about this as like-minded horologists?
This is as good a resolution as you can possibly expect. In a way, assuming you've been civil with the boutique staff, which isn't easy in cases like this where they give you the corporate run around, they may get a sense that you're a reasonable person and offer you something else as a consolation.
cascavel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 September 2023, 10:59 PM   #183
Vipes
"TRF" Member

I think this is the best outcome for both parties. I think you deserve your next allocation sooner for all of your troubles.
Vipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 September 2023, 11:02 PM   #184
1William
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
That is one solution. I would be tempted to take a refund and just move on. This has been a lot and while in the end they appear to be doing the right thing it took them a long time and many steps to get there. For the money involved and with so many other barads offering great watches that is where I would go. But, your decision and if you are pleased that is all that matters.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 September 2023, 11:55 PM   #185
rcwatchcollector
Banned

Offshore Is Now Broken, An Ongoing Debacle

Well I sent my new 43 in for service. Sub dial creep. Happened to me. Sad face

Also being 15 sec fast annoyed me.

Only had it a few weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rcwatchcollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 September 2023, 04:50 AM   #186
GW44
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/Rolex
Icon7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrimontgomery View Post
Happy for you, but I think you’ll never see another RO coming your way from the boutique.

I 100% agree with you, but people are petty and will probably try to get back at you with the little power they have.

Maybe a little too cynicism there (but it seems to be your MO….) but let’s wait and see how the chap gets on with AP.
GW44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 September 2023, 05:53 AM   #187
Commandopat
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GW44 View Post
Maybe a little too cynicism there (but it seems to be your MO….) but let’s wait and see how the chap gets on with AP.
No, you’re right on point.
Commandopat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 September 2023, 06:15 AM   #188
messikens
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcwatchcollector View Post

Only had it a few weeks.

Welcome to the club…! Let me know how long your service is, I am tracking close to 4 weeks already… waiting to get it back early October
messikens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 September 2023, 06:41 AM   #189
dmash
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GW44 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commandopat View Post
No, you’re right on point.
Actually had a talk with the boutique director today who is personally taking over my account. We cleared the air and had a very laid back, professional conversation to ensure everything was A-ok. He was nothing but apologetic as (end of day) nothing was even my fault in this situation. I actually feel greatly relieved about this and he completely swayed any fear I had of repercussion from the boutique/brand.

So all in all, I think this resolution could result in fantastic relationship ahead (and I got a replacement of my Offshore which is one of my favorite watches in the entire AP lineup to begin). Fingers crossed towards the future being 10x better than what I've endured thus far! I'm excited!
dmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 September 2023, 06:41 AM   #190
rcwatchcollector
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by messikens View Post
Welcome to the club…! Let me know how long your service is, I am tracking close to 4 weeks already… waiting to get it back early October

NYC boutique said 4 weeks. Cross fingers.

Old 24 September 2023, 07:40 AM   #191
SoylentGreenChi
"TRF" Member

Watch: Patek, Rolex, Sinn
Quote:
Actually had a talk with the boutique director today who is personally taking over my account. We cleared the air and had a very laid back, professional conversation to ensure everything was A-ok. He was nothing but apologetic as (end of day) nothing was even my fault in this situation. I actually feel greatly relieved about this and he completely swayed any fear I had of repercussion from the boutique/brand.

So all in all, I think this resolution could result in fantastic relationship ahead (and I got a replacement of my Offshore which is one of my favorite watches in the entire AP lineup to begin). Fingers crossed towards the future being 10x better than what I've endured thus far! I'm excited!
This seemed pretty iffy at moments, so great to learn of the happy conclusion.
SoylentGreenChi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 September 2023, 08:16 AM   #192
SMD
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/PP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrimontgomery View Post

Speaking of pettty…
SMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 September 2023, 03:44 PM   #193
Ashj52
"TRF" Member

Congrats on this getting resolved, great resolution for you. Must have been stressful going through this but hopefully your next allocation will make up for the stress!
Old 25 September 2023, 11:38 AM   #194
Gladiat0r
"TRF" Member

Thanks for keeping us updated. Glad to see it got sorted out. Brand new replacement watch is definitely a classy move on their part.
Gladiat0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 September 2023, 11:01 PM   #195
V25V
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Friday Update:

I’ve been offered now, a complete replacement with a fresh warranty. Essentially a totally new sale, with sending everything back from original purchase.

I genuinely love this model Offshore and everything about it, and they have assured me that the new production Offshore should already have fixes done to the movement…….so I think I’m going to take a leap of faith here and tell them that this is an acceptable resolution. As it’s not a mishmash of a new movement with old case, it’s truly a new watch and a fresh start. In my book this is sufficient remedy to fix what was obviously a lemon timepiece from the get go.

I’m not going to *demand* anything additional, as I think it’s in sour taste, but I am hopeful my boutique manager takes this entire debacle into consideration and potentially offers me sooner than later on my next allocation. And again, I’m not prying for something ‘special’, just what was my watch #2 anyhow.

Wanted to know what you gentleman also think about this as like-minded horologists?
Curious, what is your second watch you want? You say nothing "special" and just interested in what that one might be.
V25V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 September 2023, 11:04 PM   #196
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Happy for you dmash … hoping for much better tunes ahead
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 September 2023, 01:42 AM   #197
trackingtime
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Audemars Piguet RO
i think OP is right in everyway. AP gotta fix the problem.
yes, you can leverage on this bad experience to get another allocation - why not? shows that you still have confidence in the brand and is willing to continue supporting the brand.

I have a similar issue with movements but with JLC instead. Watch was sent in the very first time for 2 months to fix the PR issue. Watch came back and the servicing receipt states that watch is tested at their swiss workshop and working fine.
came back, PR doesn't last more than a day even after wearing it for an entire day (not desk bound)

sent it back, told them if servicing the movement isn't going to work, swap a brand new and tested movement in and update their database with the new movement number.

after 1 month, SA came back to me saying JLC is going to replace the entire movement. watch came back and is working fine (i hope)
trackingtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 October 2023, 08:29 PM   #198
John Doyle
"TRF" Member

I would take a full refund if i were you.
John Doyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 October 2023, 06:19 AM   #199
rcwatchcollector
Banned

Quote:

Only had it a few weeks.

Picked up my watch today! 3 weeks for movement service. Now I’ll have to make sure the subdial doesn’t move the next couple days and it is better than +15 sec a day fast. Fingers crossed. I’ve missed this watch.

Old 13 October 2023, 06:41 AM   #200
neal.jy
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP 26240st,26420ce
Quote:
Picked up my watch today! 3 weeks for movement service. Now I’ll have to make sure the subdial doesn’t move the next couple days and it is better than +15 sec a day fast. Fingers crossed. I’ve missed this watch.

Glad you got it back! Fingers crossed for you

neal.jy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 October 2023, 08:23 AM   #201
johnsonsxusfrt
"TRF" Member

Quote:
So in a follow up to my recent thread where I’ve had to send a brand new ROO43 into Clearwater TWICE: https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=907000

I woke up this morning to a brand new problem. The watch completely broke on itself in the middle of the night. The watch stopped around 11pm, will not wind back up nor hold PR/function whatsoever. It spins freely in first position. Something is broken with the internal movement. In summation, during the approximate 3 months of Offshore ownership, I’ve now had:

-the watch running more than 30 seconds fast and getting Repair1
-upon return, had completely misaligned sub dials, still running over 20s fast and had to be sent in again for Repair2
-upon second return, STILL around 15s fast, but said whatever so I could finally wear it
-now has a broken power reserve/potential other issues with the movement and is completely inoperable

I’ve contacted my boutique as this is utterly ridiculous that I haven’t even had this watch in my hands for more than 3 weeks since original purchase. This is 100% a lemon timepiece and I am not accepting a resolution of repair at this point.

We’re discussing a near $50k timepiece, not a $5k Omega. Again, this watch was purchased at the very end of May, all of this has transpired in a mere 90 days or so, not persistent problems over years time. I am completely shocked with my experience thus far. How is this even possible….
So frustrating. AP needs to replace the watch with a new piece ASAP
johnsonsxusfrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 October 2023, 08:50 AM   #202
Baco Noir
"TRF" Member

Watch: this ya'll
I know your pain. I had to send a Blanching back to the service center 4 times to get it right. I was so frustrated at the end, I sold it and swore off the brand completely.
Current Collection: Rolex 116710BLNR & 216570 polar Explorer II; Omega Apollo 8 Speedmaster; Tudor BB Bronze Bucherer Blue Edition; Heuer Heritage Autavia; Nomos Club Sport Neomatik 42; Breitling Aerospace, Avenger Blackbird, & Superocean 44; Seiko Black Monster; Mickey Mouse Timex Electric; and dare I say it...an Apple Watch too
Baco Noir is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13 October 2023, 09:57 PM   #203
cascavel
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baco Noir View Post
I know your pain. I had to send a Blanching back to the service center 4 times to get it right. I was so frustrated at the end, I sold it and swore off the brand completely.
What was the issue with the Blancpain?
cascavel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 October 2023, 12:24 AM   #204
Trailboss516
"TRF" Member

Watch: It's complicated
Sorry to hear about your experience. I can relate to this...I had a 44mm ceramic ROO and it was in for service 3 times over the course of 9 months. I had the watch in my possession for just about half the time I "owned" it.
One issue with the winder not engaging, one issue with the date wheel stuck, and the final straw was the chrono pusher spring failed, leaving it to flap back and forth freely.

I really wanted to like the watch & brand, but at this price point, 3 times for 3 separate issues was too much for me. Luckily I didn't lose anything on the sale when it came back "fixed" the 3rd time.

Hope your new watch doesn't cause any trouble!
Trailboss516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 October 2023, 02:00 AM   #205
Baco Noir
"TRF" Member

Watch: this ya'll
Offshore Is Now Broken, An Ongoing Debacle

Quote:
Originally Posted by cascavel View Post
What was the issue with the Blancpain?

Sent it in for routine service - opted to have the hands replaced because they said they were scratched.

The return trips were for:

1) received it back from service with the wrong style hands installed. They claimed they didn’t have the original style anymore until I pointed out they were still used on other models

2) received it back and the dial was crooked - easy to tell by the misaligned date wheel.

3) received it back and the dial was still crooked.

4) finally they had the head watchmaker do a full service again and perform all the work himself and got it right.

Someone who saw the drama on one of the forums made me an offer and bought it from me.
Current Collection: Rolex 116710BLNR & 216570 polar Explorer II; Omega Apollo 8 Speedmaster; Tudor BB Bronze Bucherer Blue Edition; Heuer Heritage Autavia; Nomos Club Sport Neomatik 42; Breitling Aerospace, Avenger Blackbird, & Superocean 44; Seiko Black Monster; Mickey Mouse Timex Electric; and dare I say it...an Apple Watch too
Baco Noir is online now   Reply With Quote