The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 17 April 2024, 01:21 PM   #31
jankymutt
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Sounds like a bunch of BS. If the manager doesn't help you out I'd move on to greener pastures.
Old 17 April 2024, 01:32 PM   #32
TBS
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD43 & Pelagos42
Your $$$. Take your business to a place that you can get what you want. Be that another AD or Grey. Then go back later with your newly acquired pieces to get them sized. Shows a clear message. They missed out on your $$$ by playing stupid games.
TBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2024, 01:40 PM   #33
Drew.rob
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner
I received both my SS models with zero purchase history. Ditch them.

126040 & 136660
Drew.rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2024, 01:47 PM   #34
Influx87
2024 Pledge Member

Make an appointment to speak with the store manager.
Influx87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2024, 02:05 PM   #35
TheHulk
"TRF" Member

No need to “ditch” them. They’ve already “ditched” you…..
TheHulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2024, 02:05 PM   #36
Rolex.Journey
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub
Approach a manager. Even if the sales associate is being truthful about Rolex deliveries, delivering that type of response to you after 160k should be much more delicate. I would tell a manager I’m 160k in with you and I would gladly spend double to be treated better, and I will, elsewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rolex.Journey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2024, 02:12 PM   #37
Amadd
"TRF" Member

So yes your AD sounds like they aren’t going to get you what you want without playing the game.

If that’s been the status for how you got your other watches that’s just the game you’re in for.

I know my AD OPs depending on the color/size it is a very small allocation for such an entry level watch. Green/Celebration/Pink are hardest to get. So might not be telling to much of a false statement there.

Also being 3 hrs away is tough. If you don’t stop by they will forget about you. You should just text them every once in a while to catch up. It is also a Rolex rule that each AD is really only supposed to sell to customers in their local area. It’s not always done but something they are told to follow.

I would see if you could find on AD closer. Explain your story what you’re after and then buy something in the store that day. Not huge $ unless you find something you want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Amadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2024, 02:17 PM   #38
4reRlxGuy
"TRF" Member

Watch: Patek 3970
Unfortunately, the manager likely already knows the spend history. My understanding from multiple ADs is that the manager is the one that makes the decision which SA is allocated what piece.
4reRlxGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2024, 02:21 PM   #39
KatGirl
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Watch: 126233 Wimbledon T
I agree with others. You should talk to whoever is in charge, explain your frustration, and if you don’t get satisfaction, move on. Sounds like you can afford to go grey. It might even save you money, in the long run. Good luck.

Kat

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
KatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2024, 03:32 PM   #40
Halifax Daytona UK
"TRF" Member

“ working with my AD” which means buying $160k of overpriced jewellery and watches not really required .!

A fool and their money are easily parted

Should have gone grey after a visit to your shrink
Old 17 April 2024, 03:47 PM   #41
996marty
"TRF" Member

Watch: RolexGMT/Tudor7928
If you move on are you prepared to go through this process again? After spending so much time and money.
996marty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2024, 03:48 PM   #42
waxy88
"TRF" Member

As others have said, whilst $160k is not an insignificant amount of money, spread out over 4 years, it is quite likely that there are enough higher spend clients than you, that mean you are further down the list than you think.

You haven’t specified what pieces you are after, but if there are even just a couple of high net worth individuals on the list above you, it means your expectation of delivery within your timeframe maybe unrealistic.

I know for a fact that ADs do not get loads of high demand pieces per year. Yes, Rolex produce a lot of watches, but there are loads of ADs globally and plenty of demand at each AD.

By all means clarify your position with the manager if you want, but don’t go in there with the mindset that you are a VVVIP, because respectfully, you probably aren’t.
waxy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2024, 03:57 PM   #43
Lawman77
"TRF" Member

Think of all the Rolex you could have bought for 160k going gray....ouch
Lawman77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2024, 05:53 PM   #44
joli160

Watch: Yachtmaster
You really bought all this stuff without a clear agreement to get you an OP ?

If so it is a bit naive that you fell for the ‘build relationship’ and ‘working with the AD’ nonsense.
Just go grey, always worry free, straight forward without drama and next day delivery.
Old 17 April 2024, 06:08 PM   #45
Harry-57
2024 Pledge Member

Working with an AD? Sounds more like you've been throwing money at them. They'll take as much as they possibly can before they hand over a watch.
Harry-57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2024, 06:40 PM   #46
jimcameron
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16800
I've been working with my only AD for approximately 4 years with the same sales associate. Spend ~$160k

Maybe there are other clients that spend more ?
jimcameron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2024, 06:40 PM   #47
geoach
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610lv y96xxxx
drop them like a bad habit go grey
geoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2024, 06:42 PM   #48
Devildog
"TRF" Member

Watch: ^^^ for now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
I've been working with my only AD for approximately 4 years with the same sales associate. Spend ~$160k across diamonds, ladies DJ, PM Daytona, and gold jewelry. Recently he missed two semi-important milestone opportunities with a "we haven't received any watches" with ample notice (2-4 months). In the past year the rep has also gaslit me on three occasions:

1. PM Daytonas are more hard to obtain than SS Panda (which I specified I wanted)
2. OPs are the scarcest Rolex models in the store
3. They don't carry extra watches "in the back" (this is the largest AD in a major US metro)

I have made clear that I'm not buying anymore diamonds for the wife or watches that aren't on my specific short list. I live 3 hours away so not in a position to drop in more than once per quarter. Does it make sense to just go grey at this point based on this context?
Yes. Go secondary market. You are waisting your time with an AD/sales associate you can't trust.

PS The sales associate isn't "gaslighting" you. He/she is simply lying to you (or probably using semantics). There's a massive difference.

Unless of course you feel that you are victim to a form of psychological manipulation in which your sales associate is attempting to sow self-doubt and confusion in your mind? Which is doubtful because you are clearly aware he/she is talking sh*t.

And arguably,

1) Some PM Daytonas are harder to obtain than SS.
2) OP's may be the least common references they see
3) No one has yet proved that ADs carry extra watches "in the back" Certainly none that are in demand. Its pure conjecture, and frankly somewhat ridiculous given that every AD I know has a waitlist for nearly every reference they receive.

Present: 16600, 116509, Cartier Santos Green.
Devildog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2024, 07:06 PM   #49
Pboned
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Watch: SD43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
It was never blatantly communicated, but certainly implied. Even recently when I inquired for a OP for the wife his first response was "How about a diamond tennis necklace? ($43k)"
I would have replied with "No Thanks". What's the wait for that OP for the wife?
Pboned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2024, 07:22 PM   #50
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmlovett1 View Post
I’m assuming…or hopefully the spending you’ve done with them has been on things you wanted? Would’ve bought anyway?
I should hope so as well^^^

OP, I’d just go gray. Sounds like you have deep pockets, so money is not an issue
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2024, 07:33 PM   #51
Gargamel
"TRF" Member

First world problem indeed.
Gargamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2024, 07:36 PM   #52
travisb
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Yes..
Definitely sounds like you're getting the run-around. Politely talk to the manager or look elsewhere.
travisb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2024, 08:24 PM   #53
Moondoggy
"TRF" Member

Watch: and wait
Just buy a Hublot or GS.

Never argue with a fool, as eventually it will be difficult to tell the difference.
Moondoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2024, 08:26 PM   #54
Spartacus
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona
What is the specific Daytona you are chasing and what city is the AD located in?
Spartacus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2024, 09:05 PM   #55
spellmanski
"TRF" Member

Manager.
spellmanski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2024, 09:23 PM   #56
1William

Watch: Rolex/Others
No reason to move on just yet. You have a decent spend history and there is no reason to give up that history. I would set up a time to go in and meet with your SA and the Manager. Have a discussion about helping you manage your expectations with watches that you want. See what they say, lose any emotions, as that just takes you the wrong way and be prepared to hear what might be some truth. That you do not qualify for hard to get pieces with your spend history and that you need to spend more. All of that is good and fine but I would be specific with them and say if I do A then I will get B. Anything short of the SA and Manager giving you good specifics and gratitude for being a good customer and then I would just thank them for their time and revisit the watches you want. I would leave it there and go home. Maybe you get some watches in the future, maybe not, but nothing lost just to continue on being on a list. I would not spend anymore with them until they got me a watch or watches though. No reason to out them as it does not matter to us or to them. Their behavior is what most of us suspect and have experienced from AD's in large markets. So in the end, it is about the watches and what is the best way to go about getting them Good luck and let us know how you decide to proceed.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2024, 04:03 AM   #57
TickTockChuck
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex 116610LV
All I have to say is the Rolex buying experience is really messed up. Go grey or with a new AD I guess. Why bother throwing money away on frivolous purchases to get what you really want. Such stupid politics indeed. Good luck.
TickTockChuck is offline   Reply With Quote