The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Panerai Discussion Forum

Old 21 August 2009, 05:44 AM   #31
TswaneNguni
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytonas/Subs/GMTs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zed View Post
oooooooohhhhhh this is KILLING ME.... found one complete hardly worn for 8k........
...... aghhhhhhhhhhhh cant afford a new one just yet (or should i say justify it to the wife)...
8k is
TswaneNguni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 August 2009, 05:46 AM   #32
Zed

Watch: Panerai 186 & 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by TswaneNguni View Post
8k is
i know....... it is making it worse.... unless i buy it and hide it until xmas.....
Zed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 August 2009, 02:27 PM   #33
TswaneNguni
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytonas/Subs/GMTs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zed View Post
i know....... it is making it worse.... unless i buy it and hide it until xmas.....
The advantage is that its not a "one in a lifetime" deal.They do appear on the market now and then. When your time comes,your 231 may just be waiting for you !!

I have also sensed a "fear"almost, to venture into PAM rosegold territory.I find this strange.Also a perception that the rosegolds are "dress watches".I find this even stranger.I wear my 231 to work often.I also wear it with T shirts and jeans.The 231 looks the part in an situation.

Its an amzingly striking watch,while still portraying that simple elegance,that any PAM should.The dial is interesting, in that its inbetween black and brown,which suits the design perfectly.The OEM strap is also THE strap for the rosegolds and on the 231 and 289 I wont change the strap.

I think its a best buy in the PAM world,hence the reason for this thread.

TswaneNguni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 August 2009, 03:05 PM   #34
NavitimerNut
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex 1500
That was the first panerai I saw in real life...

Back in March of this year, I was working at my church for an auction to fund a mission trip. The attire was formal, so there were many people in suits and nice watches there. I was cleaning up and stacking chairs, whien I see this 60-70 year old with a nice white shirt and a nice pair of blue jeans. I take a peek at his watch (this was about 30 feet away) and I can tell that it is a nice rose gold watch with a shape of a Panerai. I put my chairs down and walk over to the guy. I walk past him casualy, but looking at his watch to see if it in fact was a Panerai. I got so close to it to read "Pan-er-ai". A shock of adrenaline filled my body since it was like seeing a super exotic car was on the road. I said, "Nice Panerai." The guy was shocked that someone my age even knew what a panerai was. I asked him to show it to me (expecting him to just show me his wrist) he takes it off and hands it to me. (I was trying desperately to hide my rolex-wanna-be under my shirt sleeve, while trying not to draw attention to it) I held it in my hand, turning it over and oo-ing and aww-ing about the movement. I hand it back to him and thank him for letting me see his amazing watch. Ever since then I was a Panerai fan...

Edit: oh yeah, I forgot to tell you.. he said he had six more panerais (who knows what else he has)

I don't know if you guys wanted to hear my story, but I thought I might tell you..
NavitimerNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 August 2009, 03:28 PM   #35
Trurolexer
Banned

Watch: 5513MaxiI+PreComex
Good story. You work for mission trip? Very COOL!!!
Trurolexer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 August 2009, 12:54 AM   #36
NavitimerNut
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex 1500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trurolexer View Post
Good story. You work for mission trip? Very COOL!!!
Well, it was a high school mission trip to Mexico during spring break and I was one of the students. At the time there were a lot of shootings and violence, so unfortunately it got canceled in fear that something would happen.

NavitimerNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 August 2009, 01:53 AM   #37
Zed

Caleb... this is a very nice story... it feels good to have your watch appreciated.. i always take my Pam off and hand it over whenever i am asked about it.. (not on NY streets off course).. but you know what i mean...
Old 22 August 2009, 03:19 AM   #38
Zed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TswaneNguni View Post
The advantage is that its not a "one in a lifetime" deal.They do appear on the market now and then. When your time comes,your 231 may just be waiting for you !!

I have also sensed a "fear"almost, to venture into PAM rosegold territory.I find this strange.Also a perception that the rosegolds are "dress watches".I find this even stranger.I wear my 231 to work often.I also wear it with T shirts and jeans.The 231 looks the part in an situation.

Its an amzingly striking watch,while still portraying that simple elegance,that any PAM should.The dial is interesting, in that its inbetween black and brown,which suits the design perfectly.The OEM strap is also THE strap for the rosegolds and on the 231 and 289 I wont change the strap.

I think its a best buy in the PAM world,hence the reason for this thread.

Totally agree.....
Old 25 August 2009, 02:57 AM   #39
John Batista
"TRF" Member

Great PAM....
John Batista is offline   Reply With Quote