Old 24 June 2020, 12:27 PM   #91
SunTzu
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5513 116234 79280P
Show us your G Shock

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet knight View Post
New Casio Edifice
Kudos to Sun Tzu for introducing me to this model. Big sale at Macy’s, cool watch with Bluetooth app.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Glad to enable!

Bought my dad that one for Father’s Day at Macy’s. He’s been a multi decade watch buff.

The stealth CasiOak I got him didn’t agree with his 79 year old eyes and his time as a Hodinkee hipster lasted all of 3 days

He loves the one you have and is wearing it daily during the honeymoon phase.

Sent from Crapatalk
Old 24 June 2020, 12:28 PM   #92
Mozzy79
"TRF" Member

Great topic btw
Mozzy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 June 2020, 04:19 PM   #93
stockae92
"TRF" Member

I love this Gravitymaster

stockae92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2020, 10:12 AM   #94
2x4
"TRF" Member

Watch: Skydweller
Rangeman here, but I’ve never taken a picture of it.
2x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2020, 12:05 PM   #95
scarlet knight
"TRF" Member

Watch: Good ones
Put bull bars on my square

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
scarlet knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2020, 12:07 PM   #96
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by travisb View Post
I’ve got a bunch. This one’s a LE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Very cool brother
brandrea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1 July 2020, 06:17 PM   #97
bonceng
"TRF" Member

I just have two: GW-9400 and GW-5000. Perfect combo, one for low profile and the other one when feeling bad ass :)
bonceng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 July 2020, 05:14 PM   #98
stockae92
"TRF" Member

GPS Rangeman in action, sorry for the dirty watch cause it has been on the wrist doing all kinds of crap :)

stockae92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 July 2020, 12:57 AM   #99
Flying Clog
"TRF" Member

These two dropped in on Friday.

Loving the 2100SU-1AER and just ordered the green band from the 3AER, I think that will look great !

The new H1000 has not left my wrist.
Been on several runs and it works well, with the GPS locking quickly, accurate mapping of route and distance as well as heart rate of course.
The app could be a little more intuitive and offer more integration with other health and fitness apps other than Apple Health (on the iPhone) but all in all very happy.

Flying Clog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 July 2020, 10:05 AM   #100
cop414
TRF Moderator & 2024 Patron

Watch: 14060M
Every WIS has to have at least one G!
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 299F6F45-815B-4226-A617-BFC7EA447353.jpeg (135.2 KB, 210 views)

Rolex Submariner 14060M
Omega Seamaster 2254.50
DOXA Professional 1200T

Card carrying member of TRF's Global Association of Retro-Grouch-Curmudgeons
TRF's "After Dark" Bar & NightClub Patron
P Club Member #17
2 FA ENABLED
cop414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 July 2020, 01:19 PM   #101
scarlet knight
"TRF" Member

Watch: Good ones
Winning combo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Clog View Post
These two dropped in on Friday.

Loving the 2100SU-1AER and just ordered the green band from the 3AER, I think that will look great !

The new H1000 has not left my wrist.
Been on several runs and it works well, with the GPS locking quickly, accurate mapping of route and distance as well as heart rate of course.
The app could be a little more intuitive and offer more integration with other health and fitness apps other than Apple Health (on the iPhone) but all in all very happy.

I have the CasiOak in camo. Looking at GBD 100, cheaper cousin to the 1000.
scarlet knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 July 2020, 12:42 AM   #102
travisb
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yes..
New one..

travisb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 July 2020, 12:29 PM   #103
Dr. Robert
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1655
Happy Saturday evening

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Old 19 July 2020, 03:38 PM   #104
cph81
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16800
My 20+ year old g-shock. Still working good
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 9C5959D8-38A7-46F7-8CAF-16671A178CAE.jpeg (72.1 KB, 159 views)
cph81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 July 2020, 03:10 AM   #105
KBM
2024 Pledge Member

KBM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20 July 2020, 03:12 AM   #106
Morrison0
Banned

Watch: 116500 BLRO SubLB

Morrison0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 July 2020, 05:12 AM   #107
SunTzu
"TRF" Member

I have about 7 more Squares not photographed. Houston, we have a problem!

Sent from Crapatalk
Old 20 July 2020, 05:55 AM   #108
cop414
TRF Moderator & 2024 Patron

Watch: 14060M
Holy G shock batman! Sweet collection!

Rolex Submariner 14060M
Omega Seamaster 2254.50
DOXA Professional 1200T

Card carrying member of TRF's Global Association of Retro-Grouch-Curmudgeons
TRF's "After Dark" Bar & NightClub Patron
P Club Member #17
2 FA ENABLED
cop414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 July 2020, 06:06 AM   #109
SunTzu
"TRF" Member

Show us your G Shock

Quote:
Originally Posted by cop414 View Post
Holy G shock batman! Sweet collection!
Thanks brother! They're a lot of fun. I enjoy the colors, designs, functions, rarity of some, common of others, limited editions, JDM's, etc... I enjoy collecting them as they aren't expensive, I can display, and wear them too!

I'll have to scrounge up the others I haven't photographed.

I buy used ones a lot. I have found some killer deals. They all work just fine, after all it's a G-Shock! Just a little dissembling and cleaning, sometimes a little plastic polish and they're good as new. Plus I live not too far from the Casio Service Center so I can get a bezel or strap if I need for many of them for just a few bucks.

Here's just an example in full sun of cleaning up some used ones. Two of my older faves. Orange is my favorite color and the green is an awesome emerald flake like on a 70's muscle car or something.

Old 20 July 2020, 06:26 AM   #110
LOWERCASE GUY
"TRF" Member

Watch: TT DJ41- champagne
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunTzu View Post
I have about 7 more Squares not photographed. Houston, we have a problem!

Sent from Crapatalk
You have an awesome collection. Which one did you get first? Which one is your favorite? Which one gets the most wrist time?
Old 20 July 2020, 06:28 AM   #111
LOWERCASE GUY
"TRF" Member

That round black one in the back row looks nice (if I could only pick one)
Old 20 July 2020, 06:44 AM   #112
SunTzu
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOWERCASE GUY View Post
You have an awesome collection. Which one did you get first? Which one is your favorite? Which one gets the most wrist time?
Thank you very much! The one that gets the most wrist time is the Full Metal in the box third from the right. You can wear it casually or with a sport jacket. Very cool, great features, heavy, and a real wrist presence.

My favorite? That's tough. I like them all but I would have to say I love the G-LIDE models of all years and colors and the one in the wooden box last on the right is up there as a favorite. Unlike the previous generation I can't dial in my exact coordinates for the tide with this newer one. I have to do a generalized area. I also like the carbon fiber on top of the wooden watch box lid all the way on the right. Super lightweight and titanium case back.

The squares remind me of my childhood in the 1980's. I had a Casio in like 1984 (not a G, but a square) that my dad and grandfather bought me at a now long, defunct, electronics store. I remember picking it out of the catalog that was attached to a table by a chain, and the guy looking it up and getting out of stock in the back and then going home with it. I loved setting off the alarm beep on it

Quote:
That round black one in the back row looks nice (if I could only pick one)
Ha you picked one of the only non-Squares! That's my first G-Shock purchased from a number of years ago to answer your question above! That's my solar charged beater that I wear to the beach, swimming, fishing, washing the car, etc... It's nothing special but a great utility watch. I have put it through the test and YEARS later it works flawlessly. I'm always spritzing it down with a cleaner after each use because it gets slimed-up by sunscreen lotion and fish guts! You can get a new version of it for like $40.00.
Old 20 July 2020, 08:19 AM   #113
LOWERCASE GUY
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Thank you very much! The one that gets the most wrist time is the Full Metal in the box third from the right. You can wear it casually or with a sport jacket. Very cool, great features, heavy, and a real wrist presence.

My favorite? That's tough. I like them all but I would have to say I love the G-LIDE models of all years and colors and the one in the wooden box last on the right is up there as a favorite. Unlike the previous generation I can't dial in my exact coordinates for the tide with this newer one. I have to do a generalized area. I also like the carbon fiber on top of the wooden watch box lid all the way on the right. Super lightweight and titanium case back.

The squares remind me of my childhood in the 1980's. I had a Casio in like 1984 (not a G, but a square) that my dad and grandfather bought me at a now long, defunct, electronics store. I remember picking it out of the catalog that was attached to a table by a chain, and the guy looking it up and getting out of stock in the back and then going home with it. I loved setting off the alarm beep on it

Ha you picked one of the only non-Squares! That's my first G-Shock purchased from a number of years ago to answer your question above! That's my solar charged beater that I wear to the beach, swimming, fishing, washing the car, etc... It's nothing special but a great utility watch. I have put it through the test and YEARS later it works flawlessly. I'm always spritzing it down with a cleaner after each use because it gets slimed-up by sunscreen lotion and fish guts! You can get a new version of it for like $40.00.
Hey thanks for the response. I knew they'd be a bit of story behind them, they all look really cool actually. Picking a favorite for myself, my eyes were drawn to the one with a bit of metal on the case as they look a bit more substantial but I know that's not the case. I like the other one in the top right too.

That carbon one is also really nice, I didn't notice it initially but I really do like it.

I figured the all metal and 2100 Casioak would be front runners as they are the more popular ones among the WIS community. All of the front row ones look the business tbh, especially the one with the red face.

I don't know much about them but I've enjoyed looking through your collection, I like them all and there isn't any I wouldn't wear myself. I like the white ones, the black and red & the black one at the back with the baby blue inside strap.

So much choice how you decide which ones to wear must make your head hurt.
Old 20 July 2020, 09:14 AM   #114
SunTzu
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Hey thanks for the response. I knew they'd be a bit of story behind them, they all look really cool actually. Picking a favorite for myself, my eyes were drawn to the one with a bit of metal on the case as they look a bit more substantial but I know that's not the case. I like the other one in the top right too.

That carbon one is also really nice, I didn't notice it initially but I really do like it.

I figured the all metal and 2100 Casioak would be front runners as they are the more popular ones among the WIS community. All of the front row ones look the business tbh, especially the one with the red face.

I don't know much about them but I've enjoyed looking through your collection, I like them all and there isn't any I wouldn't wear myself. I like the white ones, the black and red & the black one at the back with the baby blue inside strap.

So much choice how you decide which ones to wear must make your head hurt.

Thanks!

I just pick one at a time. The subtle ones for business and the bright ones for casual and fun. Pretty straight forward

Sent from Crapatalk
Old 20 July 2020, 01:36 PM   #115
Ny325
"TRF" Member

Watch: DW-5600BB
Any one own the Casio World Time? I’m looking at the non metal version. The reason I like it, is because it’s different. Also for the dimensions, and the price is right.

Thought I would add a fun watch to my collection.

I have a G Shock DW5600-BB which I love.
Ny325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 July 2020, 01:46 PM   #116
SunTzu
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ny325 View Post
Any one own the Casio World Time? I’m looking at the non metal version. The reason I like it, is because it’s different. Also for the dimensions, and the price is right.

Thought I would add a fun watch to my collection.

I have the metal that I got for $16 and put a $7 rubber strap on it. Fantastic watch. Great features. Supposed 10 year battery life. Awesome amber light. I used it daily at the gym before COVID while on the treadmill.

You can even mod the display with thin colored see thru plastic sheets from a crafts store cut to size to make any color you want!

Great beater.

Sent from Crapatalk
Old 21 July 2020, 02:46 AM   #117
Ny325
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I have the metal that I got for $16 and put a $7 rubber strap on it. Fantastic watch. Great features. Supposed 10 year battery life. Awesome amber light. I used it daily at the gym before COVID while on the treadmill.

You can even mod the display with thin colored see thru plastic sheets from a crafts store cut to size to make any color you want!

Great beater.

Sent from Crapatalk
What strap is that? Looks nice. I like the silver/black look. I was thinking about the all black resin model. Also, can you turn off the “ Beep?” How does it wear? I have a 7 1/2 wrist. I don’t like big, gaudy looking watches, Thanks.

I saw a mod video. They use rubbing alcohol to remove the text on the case, and inside the dial. Gave it a cleaner look. It will be my beater watch, and work (construction). I want something fun, different, that I don’t care if it gets beat up.
Old 21 July 2020, 03:31 AM   #118
SunTzu
"TRF" Member

Show us your G Shock

Quote:
What strap is that? Looks nice. I like the silver/black look. I was thinking about the all black resin model. Also, can you turn off the “ Beep?” How does it wear? I have a 7 1/2 wrist. I don’t like big, gaudy looking watches, Thanks.

I saw a mod video. They use rubbing alcohol to remove the text on the case, and inside the dial. Gave it a cleaner look. It will be my beater watch, and work (construction). I want something fun, different, that I don’t care if it gets beat up.

I simply bought the coolest looking cheapest strap on eBay! Nothing special. Installs and removes like any other strap. Just find one that fits between the lugs and flares out to fit the width of case. I used the OEM spring bars.

Sent from Crapatalk
Old 21 July 2020, 04:14 AM   #119
Ny325
"TRF" Member

I’m not sure which one I want. The all black resin, or the silver case. I think it’s a 18mm band. I’m going to try and find a band the flares out like you suggested. If not, I’ll get the all black resin. Thank you.
Old 21 July 2020, 04:38 AM   #120
SunTzu
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I’m not sure which one I want. The all black resin, or the silver case. I think it’s a 18mm band. I’m going to try and find a band the flares out like you suggested. If not, I’ll get the all black resin. Thank you.
I found my band but it is $12.99 not $7.00 when I bought it from a different seller. You can search the same words and find a seller in China for a few bucks less. You want a strap that fits a Casio AE-1200.

Casio Strap