The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Closed Thread

Old 24 March 2018, 08:23 AM   #61
brandontran
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona 16528
I got 2 shipping labels. I just checked the one with the signature confirmation and disregard the label #. The PO investigation inspector finally found that out. Clearly the seller was being dishonest.
Old 24 March 2018, 08:24 AM   #62
brandontran
"TRF" Member

I did got scammed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baco Noir View Post
It was deliver 22 days ago and you just now figured this out? You sent it without insurance and without signature required? Without proof that it was accepted into his/her hands, then the possibility exists it was delivered to the wrong address, stolen from the porch/mailbox, etc.

Seems like you didn't get scammed but instead learned some very important lessons.
Old 24 March 2018, 09:00 AM   #63
imagwai
"TRF" Member

So if you think it got delivered and the guy isn't telling the truth, your next step is to report it to the police I guess. However, your evidence isn't watertight.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Old 24 March 2018, 09:14 AM   #64
Baco Noir
"TRF" Member

Watch: this ya'll
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baco Noir View Post
It was deliver 22 days ago and you just now figured this out? You sent it without insurance and without signature required? Without proof that it was accepted into his/her hands, then the possibility exists it was delivered to the wrong address, stolen from the porch/mailbox, etc.

Seems like you didn't get scammed but instead learned some very important lessons.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandontran View Post
I did got scammed!

Okay, let me state this another way. You failed to get insurance or require a signature for accepting the package, therefore you set yourself up for failure. It's a hard truth, but it is the truth.

While the package MAY have been delivered to the right person and they MAY be being dishonest and committing a crime, again, you have no proof because you didn't take the necessary precautions when shipping a valuable item. It's just that simple.

The likelihood of a good outcome for you is slim, but I do wish you the best in getting this resolved. Since the sale took place on another forum, that is the best place to try to get resolution.

Best of luck.
Current Collection: Rolex 116710BLNR & 216570 polar Explorer II; Omega Apollo 8 Speedmaster; Tudor BB Bronze Bucherer Blue Edition; Heuer Heritage Autavia; Nomos Club Sport Neomatik 42; Breitling Aerospace, Avenger Blackbird, & Superocean 44; Seiko Black Monster; Mickey Mouse Timex Electric; and dare I say it...an Apple Watch too
Old 24 March 2018, 10:37 AM   #65
jvmartin
"TRF" Member

More an opportunist than an outright scammer but looks like he definitely is trying to keep your money and the watch... sorry to hear! Not sure if the police will do much or if this counts as mail fraud but I wouldn't let it go...
Old 24 March 2018, 11:13 AM   #66
Jidonsu
"TRF" Member

It sounds like this is a messed up situation however you look at it. There's a chance that the seller got the package and is lying, but there's also a chance that he never got it since he didn't think to check for it due to the incorrect tracking, and it sat on his porch and was subsequently stolen. It doesn't matter if USPS has never lost a package, anything of value should be insured and tracked with signature confirmation. I send anything over $5K with USPS Registered Mail. It's slow as hell, but it's also the safest option available through USPS that can be insured at full value. I've never had a buyer say no after I explain why it's safe, especially since it's the method Rolex recommends for shipping to their service center. Parcelpro is another option.

I hope the situation gets resolved in your favor.

Audemars Piguet Royal Oak 15400 | Rolex 114060 | Rolex 116710BLNR | Tudor Black Bay GMT | Tudor Pelagos Blue | IWC Mark XVIII Le Petit Prince |
Old 24 March 2018, 11:36 AM   #67
newbee1
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex day date
I'm surprised that OP never had any USPS issues. I buy/sell a lot online so there are tons of shipping labels and tracking #s. Almost 10% of my packages get shipped to weird destinations and are delayed. Once, a package was shown as delivered but I never received it so filed a police complaint, later on USPS found it in their vehicle as it was scanned wrong.

However, in this case it looks like seller is lying that he never received it. OP there is an option on USPS website (on tracking page) where you can enter your email and request the copy of signature. With that you can get atleast one step closer in solving this issue. Good Luck!
Old 24 March 2018, 11:54 AM   #68
Jim Smyth
Banned

Watch: DD
Quote:
What happened was, when I purchase the label #9405511899560555090594...the PO guy forgot to charge me for the signature confirmation. Then he printed out another label with confirmation #9510 8160 1927 8057 1807 65. I think I made a mistake on provided the tracking to the seller because then we saw the one with the confirmation signature indicating that it was delayed, I think he thought if the item is missing then this would’nt be his fault because he claims he never receive the watch. But base on the label with the signature, it does indicated that it was delivered on March 1st.
This keeps getting harder and harder to follow. One watch, then two. One Label then two. OK was there a signature required at all on either label? If Yes did you go online at USPS and click the box that says "proof of delivery"? Its the only angle I can see if the guy you addressed it to actually signed for it. But if he was a scammer as you claim he would have put down a different name or unrecognizable name (Dr signature). Other than that your probably boned.

Thats why if your going cheap and dont want to insure it for thousands of dollars and draw unwanted attention to your package for the "Sticky Finger Syndrom" you insure it for anything over $200. You dont even have to pay the extra for a signature required because they are required to get a signature for anything over $200.

I will give you some more free advice. Always ship on a Monday so your package isnt sitting in there system over the weekend. I always ship next day air. Cost more but in there system less time. All shippers have limits for watch values. You can ship a 20K watch and pay for 20K Insurance. The package goes missing and they only pay you $1000. Each shipper is different and has a upper limit they will pay out for a watch no matter what you insure it for and its usually a pretty low number. Very eye opening!

Guys that ship a lot of high end watches use Parcel pro or Jewelers Mutual. Homeowners is also a option. These choices will be for full declared value and will pay full declared value is package is lost or stolen and then you dont have to get Insurance through the shipper and unzip your fly letting Mr. Sticky Finger know theres a high value object in said package..
Old 24 March 2018, 07:32 PM   #69
Tomas Eriksson
"TRF" Member

Watch: 15707CE
It is terrible to get scammed and even worse if one as a victim gets questioned. But like a few pointed out the story seems to have changed over time.
It would be in your interrest to add some more proof into this thread, do you have link to the classified for example? You could also provide more information about the seller, if he is a scammer he deserves to get exposed.
Old 24 March 2018, 08:27 PM   #70
brandontran
"TRF" Member

I will provide his information but in the meantime I'm still hoping to recover my lost in this. He's still in denial about the package but clearly the tracking confirmation indicate otherwise.
Old 24 March 2018, 11:42 PM   #71
CaveDweller
"TRF" Member

Watch: Timex
Someone's in denial anyway .....
Old 24 March 2018, 11:57 PM   #72
BBL
"TRF" Member

Watch: DD-YG/DJ/Breitling
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Smyth View Post
This keeps getting harder and harder to follow. One watch, then two. One Label then two. OK was there a signature required at all on either label? If Yes did you go online at USPS and click the box that says "proof of delivery"? Its the only angle I can see if the guy you addressed it to actually signed for it. But if he was a scammer as you claim he would have put down a different name or unrecognizable name (Dr signature). Other than that your probably boned.

Thats why if your going cheap and dont want to insure it for thousands of dollars and draw unwanted attention to your package for the "Sticky Finger Syndrom" you insure it for anything over $200. You dont even have to pay the extra for a signature required because they are required to get a signature for anything over $200.

I will give you some more free advice. Always ship on a Monday so your package isnt sitting in there system over the weekend. I always ship next day air. Cost more but in there system less time. All shippers have limits for watch values. You can ship a 20K watch and pay for 20K Insurance. The package goes missing and they only pay you $1000. Each shipper is different and has a upper limit they will pay out for a watch no matter what you insure it for and its usually a pretty low number. Very eye opening!

Guys that ship a lot of high end watches use Parcel pro or Jewelers Mutual. Homeowners is also a option. These choices will be for full declared value and will pay full declared value is package is lost or stolen and then you dont have to get Insurance through the shipper and unzip your fly letting Mr. Sticky Finger know theres a high value object in said package..
Jim - ^^^ very informative. Lots of check boxes buying online. Lots of opportunities for issues, too. Thanks. DM
Old 25 March 2018, 12:22 AM   #73
pilotjim
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Smyth View Post

Does Jewelers Mutual cover sales and shipping? Or would the claim have to be that it was lost/stolen from the owner's house or car?
Old 25 March 2018, 12:36 AM   #74
c41006
"TRF" Member

Watch: Pelagos
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotjim View Post
Does Jewelers Mutual cover sales and shipping? Or would the claim have to be that it was lost/stolen from the owner's house or car?
It's been a while since I read the details of my policy but I believe there is something in there about not covering a loss if you parted with it intentionally.
Old 25 March 2018, 01:03 AM   #75
Jim Smyth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotjim View Post
I dont know about that (I have JM) and it would be good to get conformation before your shipment. I go into a trusted sellers store here in Florida so I dont have to deal with that currently.
Old 25 March 2018, 01:04 AM   #76
Jim Smyth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaveDweller View Post
Someone's in denial anyway .....
Aint that the truth............... He's not very good at answering questions either.
Old 25 March 2018, 01:06 AM   #77
Jim Smyth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBL View Post
Jim - ^^^ very informative. Lots of check boxes buying online. Lots of opportunities for issues, too. Thanks. DM
Your welcome.
Old 25 March 2018, 01:13 AM   #78
fskywalker
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Is Ticking !
Hi did you paid for the watch? Hope you get either your watch or your money back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Zenith 02.470.405
Henry Archer Eclipse

2FA security enabled
Old 25 March 2018, 05:41 AM   #79
J_1964
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710
I have experienced A LOT of weather related shipping delays lately, even some with a relatively short shipping distance. Most of these involve the East and SouthEast US. I have been having this issue with all carriers, so this may be a completely understandable delay.
Old 25 March 2018, 07:21 AM   #80
MinMay
Banned

I don't think anyone can help you since you opted not to buy insurance. Huge mistake. Once you paid extra for insurance, it will required signature. USPS lost several of my package before. I would NEVER use USPS for any type of high value item. Their tracking system is not up to par with FedEX or UPS. UPS and FedEX are not perfect either, but I can depend on their tracking system.

Anyhow, I don't think the police or USPS can help you. If anything, they'll give you the default insurance of $100 coverage.

In the future, it's mandatory to use FedEX or UPS and pay extra for insurance coverage.

Will you be able to tell us the seller name/email address so I can avoid him. Thanks,

Good luck,
Old 25 March 2018, 11:52 AM   #81
newbee1
"TRF" Member

Did you pay via credit card? If so you can chargeback.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 25 March 2018, 12:06 PM   #82
brandontran
"TRF" Member

I did a bank deposit to his account....bank of America.
Old 25 March 2018, 11:40 PM   #83
brandontran
"TRF" Member

Here’s my summary:

This guy is definitely scammed me.
Bought a damaged broken Rolex date just 2015 which the seller claims was serviced a few months ago. He said he had some parts replaced. Never mention this when he was selling it. Asked for refund but seller refused. He said he’ll repair it. I had no choice so I Sent to back to seller to have it repair/fix.
Tracking number confirmed it was delivered on March 1st. Label # 9405511899560555090594. Seller denial receiving any package in the mail. I’ve tried to contact him numerous times for the past 2-3 weeks and the answer was always the same. No package.
He’s on Timezone. I’m going to report this to timezone. Please give me suggestions how and where to report this.

Avoid dealing with this guy. He’s a very smooth scammer. By chatting with him, you could never tell. He claims to buy used Rolex and resale them. I think this is how he does his scamming- replacing Rolex parts.

Here’s his information:

Mod edit: personal info with home address removed.

Last edited by Old Expat Beast; 26 March 2018 at 08:24 AM..
Old 25 March 2018, 11:42 PM   #84
newbee1
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I did a bank deposit to his account....bank of America.
Talk to your bank and provide them all the info, they can revert the payment under special circumstances. You'd need to file a police complaint as well before going to the bank as they'll request a complaint before reverting the payment.
Old 25 March 2018, 11:43 PM   #85
brandontran
"TRF" Member

Original post on TZ

http://forums.timezone.com/index.php...=0#msg_7502683

This was the 2 I was going to purchase.

http://forums.timezone.com/index.php...=0#msg_7502957
Old 25 March 2018, 11:47 PM   #86
brandontran
"TRF" Member

I did a direct deposit to his account with a cashier’s check from my bank so i’m Not sure there’s anything I could do to revert it, or can I?

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbee1 View Post
Talk to your bank and provide them all the info, they can revert the payment under special circumstances. You'd need to file a police complaint as well before going to the bank as they'll request a complaint before reverting the payment.
Old 25 March 2018, 11:53 PM   #87
newbee1
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I did a direct deposit to his account with a cashier’s check from my bank so i’m Not sure there’s anything I could do to revert it, or can I?

Talk to them, no harm in trying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 26 March 2018, 12:18 AM   #88
JayB
"TRF" Member

Watch: EXP, DJ, NF
Why are you posting his details on a public forum?

Unless I'm mistaken you purchased a watch, it turned out to have a fault which he may or may not have known about. Is it possible something was damaged in transit after the agreed sale? He's agreed to repair and you sent the watch back for the cheapest price possible.

You have absolutely no proof the seller received the watch back, just because a shipping company claim to have delivered it. I've had packages go missing before when they've technically been delivered but left on door step or down side of house. If this has happened it's down to the person sending the item and shipping company, not the recipient.

Without a signature which YOU choose not to pay for you can't say for sure he even received the watch.

If this is the case what do you expect him to do about it?

Rolex Explorer -- Rolex Datejust -- Tudor North Flag -- Omega De Ville Trésor -- Tudor Black Bay GMT -- Omega Speedmaster Professional -- Tudor Black Bay Fifty Eight
Old 26 March 2018, 12:59 AM   #89
CorradoBrit
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayB View Post
Why are you posting his details on a public forum?

Unless I'm mistaken you purchased a watch, it turned out to have a fault which he may or may not have known about. Is it possible something was damaged in transit after the agreed sale? He's agreed to repair and you sent the watch back for the cheapest price possible.

You have absolutely no proof the seller received the watch back, just because a shipping company claim to have delivered it. I've had packages go missing before when they've technically been delivered but left on door step or down side of house. If this has happened it's down to the person sending the item and shipping company, not the recipient.

Without a signature which YOU choose not to pay for you can't say for sure he even received the watch.

If this is the case what do you expect him to do about it?

This. Mods need to remove sellers personal info. OP should have ensured a signature was required for delivery.
Old 26 March 2018, 01:19 AM   #90
Lol-x
Facilitator

The seller sold a broken watch and refused to give a refund. That is a disgrace right there.
Then he claims he never received the watch.... tracked and deliver to the sellers address.
That stinks.

Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be. ~Abraham Lincoln
Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride. ~John F. Kennedy

ROLEXploitation - yeah I'm a victim
Closed Thread