The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX


Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > The Meeting Point

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7 February 2019, 11:21 PM   #61
JPSUB
"TRF" Member
 
JPSUB's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Real Name: James
Location: Houston TX
Watch: 16610
Posts: 304
I’ll be in London this Sunday the 10th thru the 20th would be interested to join if a meet up happens at some point during my trip. Look forward to potentially grabbing a pint and seeing some great watches


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
JPSUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 February 2019, 11:25 PM   #62
danestaff
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: united kingdom
Watch: 5968a
Posts: 1,027
hello again everybody

well the response seems to have been good and thanks for any input

ive started a group and have invited only a few people, and i want to see how that goes before bringing more people into the fun (hopefully we have some )


i apologize if you haven't got an invite yet, but thats not to say you wont at some stage , please keep checking in and asking

regards danestaff
danestaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 February 2019, 02:28 AM   #63
Codik
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: UK
Posts: 169
I am based in London and would be interested too.
Codik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 February 2019, 02:34 AM   #64
WatchLurv
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Moon
Watch: Swiss
Posts: 1,866
Need to walk in with the sleeves down and walk out with the sleeves down. Inside you can roll up the sleeves all the way up to your elbow. London gathering would be fun, but I keep my watch tucked away almost at all times, and that means at home.
WatchLurv is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9 February 2019, 02:40 AM   #65
Russell996
2019 GMT CHNR Pledge Member
 
Russell996's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: UK
Posts: 2,530
Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchLurv View Post
Need to walk in with the sleeves down and walk out with the sleeves down. Inside you can roll up the sleeves all the way up to your elbow. London gathering would be fun, but I keep my watch tucked away almost at all times, and that means at home.
Is there any point owning it?
Russell996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 February 2019, 02:49 AM   #66
WatchLurv
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Moon
Watch: Swiss
Posts: 1,866
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell996 View Post
Is there any point owning it?
When you travel to places where they don't have 16 year old kids pull up on a 125 with a Rambo.
WatchLurv is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9 February 2019, 04:17 AM   #67
CamSLC
2019 Pledge Member
 
CamSLC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: USA
Watch: Rolex, Patek
Posts: 1,013
This would be a lot of fun. I wish there were more WIS in my area.
CamSLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 February 2019, 04:21 AM   #68
orhanbalu
"TRF" Member
 
orhanbalu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Real Name: Obalu
Location: Birmingham UK
Watch: Rolex Submariner
Posts: 64
Count me in


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
orhanbalu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 February 2019, 04:34 AM   #69
danestaff
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: united kingdom
Watch: 5968a
Posts: 1,027
Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchLurv View Post
When you travel to places where they don't have 16 year old kids pull up on a 125 with a Rambo.

you best stay on the moon then
danestaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 February 2019, 04:36 AM   #70
WatchLurv
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Moon
Watch: Swiss
Posts: 1,866
Quote:
Originally Posted by danestaff View Post
you best stay on the moon then

Yeh when you get robbed on Westend it’s like living on the moon. Let me know when you come to the moon.
WatchLurv is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9 February 2019, 04:41 AM   #71
danestaff
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: united kingdom
Watch: 5968a
Posts: 1,027
Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchLurv View Post
Yeh when you get robbed on Westend it’s like living on the moon. Let me know when you come to the moon.

i can honestly say, ive always worn all of my watches be it in short sleeve shirts on the tube at football etc


i dont blame you for being concerned but its correct why should we hide what we like
danestaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 February 2019, 04:43 AM   #72
tyler1980
2019 SKY-DWELLER Pledge Member
 
tyler1980's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Houston
Posts: 17,627
Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchLurv View Post
Yeh when you get robbed on Westend it’s like living on the moon. Let me know when you come to the moon.
by that logic if you have a nice car it should stay in the garage, if you have a nice jacket best not to wear it. Leave your wallet at home so you better not buy anything. All of that stuff are potential targets.

You have to live your life. If something happens it happens, but don't let it run your life.

If you take yourself there it can't be that dangerous which is my general rule. I wouldn't go to Syria with or without a watch.
__________________
Instagram: tyler.watches
current collection: Patek 5164A, Patek 5524G, Rolex Platinum Daytona 116506, Rolex Sea Dweller 43 126600, Rolex GMT II 116710LN, AP 15400ST (silver), Panerai 913, Omega Speedmaster moonwatch, Tudor Black Bay (Harrods Edition)
tyler1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 February 2019, 04:44 AM   #73
WatchLurv
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Moon
Watch: Swiss
Posts: 1,866
Quote:
Originally Posted by danestaff View Post
i can honestly say, ive always worn all of my watches be it in short sleeve shirts on the tube at football etc





i dont blame you for being concerned but its correct why should we hide what we like


I couldn’t careless if things were happening in Lewisham or Bow. If it’s in W1, it’s an epidemic and it also means the Met can’t deal with the issue. You can’t even go out on the town with a wrist watch without the risk of someone being opportunistic and making moves.

I wear my pieces where I don’t need to be concerned. They get their respective airtime.
WatchLurv is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9 February 2019, 04:59 AM   #74
danestaff
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: united kingdom
Watch: 5968a
Posts: 1,027
Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchLurv View Post
I couldn’t careless if things were happening in Lewisham or Bow. If it’s in W1, it’s an epidemic and it also means the Met can’t deal with the issue. You can’t even go out on the town with a wrist watch without the risk of someone being opportunistic and making moves.

I wear my pieces where I don’t need to be concerned. They get their respective airtime.
That's fair enough, and I do hear you, but I also spend alot of time around Mayfair and have never encountered any problems, I d rather be there than Lewisham or bow tbh

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk
danestaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 February 2019, 05:58 AM   #75
Analysing You
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: London
Posts: 443
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler1980 View Post
by that logic if you have a nice car it should stay in the garage, if you have a nice jacket best not to wear it. Leave your wallet at home so you better not buy anything. All of that stuff are potential targets.

You have to live your life. If something happens it happens, but don't let it run your life.

If you take yourself there it can't be that dangerous which is my general rule. I wouldn't go to Syria with or without a watch.


Here Here!!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Analysing You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 February 2019, 06:08 AM   #76
Snow-Dweller
2019 SKY-DWELLER Pledge Member
 
Snow-Dweller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Real Name: Clive
Location: The Alps
Watch: collections change
Posts: 6,193
Well....one way or another this thread has turned rather off!

It’s not the first time somebody has arranged a GTG in London. It is the first time on TRF (that I know of) that has publicly become “by invitation only”. Makes me wonder what the criteria are?
__________________
.
The path from WIShood to WISdom can have many turnings...
———————————————————————————————————

.
16803. 116710LN. 214270. 5711. GMW-B5000D.
Snow-Dweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 February 2019, 06:12 AM   #77
tyler1980
2019 SKY-DWELLER Pledge Member
 
tyler1980's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Houston
Posts: 17,627
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow-Dweller View Post
Well....one way or another this thread has turned rather off!

It’s not the first time somebody has arranged a GTG in London. It is the first time on TRF (that I know of) that has publicly become “by invitation only”. Makes me wonder what the criteria are?
i think its to avoid publicly saying when and where... not that its excluding anyone but any random lurker can read this thread which could be dangerous. If you were to be interested, then you are fine
__________________
Instagram: tyler.watches
current collection: Patek 5164A, Patek 5524G, Rolex Platinum Daytona 116506, Rolex Sea Dweller 43 126600, Rolex GMT II 116710LN, AP 15400ST (silver), Panerai 913, Omega Speedmaster moonwatch, Tudor Black Bay (Harrods Edition)
tyler1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 February 2019, 06:14 AM   #78
Snow-Dweller
2019 SKY-DWELLER Pledge Member
 
Snow-Dweller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Real Name: Clive
Location: The Alps
Watch: collections change
Posts: 6,193
Quote:
Originally Posted by danestaff View Post
hello again everybody

well the response seems to have been good and thanks for any input

ive started a group and have invited only a few people, and i want to see how that goes before bringing more people into the fun (hopefully we have some )


i apologize if you haven't got an invite yet, but thats not to say you wont at some stage , please keep checking in and asking

regards danestaff
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler1980 View Post
i think its to avoid publicly saying when and where... not that its excluding anyone but any random lurker can read this thread which could be dangerous. If you were to be interested, then you are fine
Et alors?
__________________
.
The path from WIShood to WISdom can have many turnings...
———————————————————————————————————

.
16803. 116710LN. 214270. 5711. GMW-B5000D.
Snow-Dweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 February 2019, 06:15 AM   #79
danestaff
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: united kingdom
Watch: 5968a
Posts: 1,027
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow-Dweller View Post
Well....one way or another this thread has turned rather off!

It’s not the first time somebody has arranged a GTG in London. It is the first time on TRF (that I know of) that has publicly become “by invitation only”. Makes me wonder what the criteria are?
Well the fact that it is called the London watch club,

I've held my hands up and aplogised if some people didn't get an invite,

I also siad let me get it up and running and see where we go from there

I'm sorry if your ego has taken a hit, if so then my criteria was right

U can always do I what I did, and organise the alps watch club,


This is the last time I respond to people who didn't get an invite, but I never said u wouldn't in the end

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk
danestaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 February 2019, 08:11 AM   #80
Snow-Dweller
2019 SKY-DWELLER Pledge Member
 
Snow-Dweller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Real Name: Clive
Location: The Alps
Watch: collections change
Posts: 6,193
Quote:
Originally Posted by danestaff View Post

U can always do I what I did, and organise the alps watch club,
I’m a Londoner born and bred, and I’m not up to your discretion.
__________________
.
The path from WIShood to WISdom can have many turnings...
———————————————————————————————————

.
16803. 116710LN. 214270. 5711. GMW-B5000D.
Snow-Dweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 February 2019, 07:06 PM   #81
rootbeer7
2019 Pledge Member
 
rootbeer7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: london
Posts: 3,620
It’s moving slightly better than last year’s Lord Woodford gathering then?
And btw 2 of my friends have been attacked in and around London, but 9million others didn’t.
__________________
@imrootbeer7
rootbeer7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 February 2019, 07:11 PM   #82
danestaff
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: united kingdom
Watch: 5968a
Posts: 1,027
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow-Dweller View Post
I’m a Londoner born and bred, and I’m not up to your discretion.

not that im arguing with you, but on your location it say the alps, how from that can i tell your london born and bred


beleive me im trying to do a good thing, and i would love this to grow, but i cant start off with 20 randoms in the room,
danestaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 February 2019, 07:12 PM   #83
danestaff
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: united kingdom
Watch: 5968a
Posts: 1,027
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootbeer7 View Post
It’s moving slightly better than last year’s Lord Woodford gathering then?
And btw 2 of my friends have been attacked in and around London, but 9million others didn’t.

did he get fed up in the end?
danestaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 February 2019, 07:44 PM   #84
Snow-Dweller
2019 SKY-DWELLER Pledge Member
 
Snow-Dweller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Real Name: Clive
Location: The Alps
Watch: collections change
Posts: 6,193
Quote:
Originally Posted by danestaff View Post
not that im arguing with you, but on your location it say the alps, how from that can i tell your london born and bred





beleive me im trying to do a good thing, and i would love this to grow, but i cant start off with 20 randoms in the room,


I do live in the Alps, but you know what they say....you can take the boy out of London, but you can’t take London out of the boy. I’m there quite often, if only for a few days at a time.

I appreciate that you’re putting effort into setting up a good thing, and hope it goes well.

Have a good weekend.
__________________
.
The path from WIShood to WISdom can have many turnings...
———————————————————————————————————

.
16803. 116710LN. 214270. 5711. GMW-B5000D.
Snow-Dweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 February 2019, 07:49 PM   #85
danestaff
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: united kingdom
Watch: 5968a
Posts: 1,027
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow-Dweller View Post
I do live in the Alps, but you know what they say....you can take the boy out of London, but you can’t take London out of the boy. I’m there quite often, if only for a few days at a time.

I appreciate that you’re putting effort into setting up a good thing, and hope it goes well.

Have a good weekend.
Many thanks,

And I also u that expression about the boy in London, as I'm north London at heart, but now on out skirts

Look keep In touch as I do want this to be a goer

And if yiu put yourself in my position u would realise this isn't. As easy as you would think

Enjoy skiing

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk
danestaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 February 2019, 05:03 AM   #86
pblondon
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: London, UK
Posts: 64
I would also love to be part of this.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
AP 15400 Blue, Daytona 16500 White, SS Sky Dweller White, PP 1567A
pblondon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 February 2019, 10:47 AM   #87
Harry_S
"TRF" Member
 
Harry_S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: London
Posts: 28
Im in :-) keep me posted please. Thanks gents
Harry_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 February 2019, 07:16 PM   #88
Sarosh
"TRF" Member
 
Sarosh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: London
Watch: BLNR + BB58
Posts: 2,167
I’m sure it will take a little time to get going, but this will be a good thing for those of us who are in London. I’m looking forward to it. Whenever it does happen :-)
__________________
-----

“It’s a watch, it tells time. Not much else”
Sarosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 February 2019, 02:45 AM   #89
danestaff
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: united kingdom
Watch: 5968a
Posts: 1,027
1st dates have been posted, lets hope everyone who has been invited can make it,

and everyone who hasn't , hang on in there as you soon will be

just give me time to try and make it work
danestaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 February 2019, 05:48 AM   #90
Rolex Essex
2019 SKY-DWELLER Pledge Member
 
Rolex Essex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Colchester, UK
Watch: Daytona, DJ & Sub
Posts: 1,598
If anyone drops out be sure to add me in or I’ll wait till the next meet.
Rolex Essex is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
get together , london


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Banners Of The Month

Banners Of The Month
*Banners Of The Month*
This space is provided to horological resources.





Copyright ©2004-2019, The Rolex Forums. All Rights Reserved.

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Rolex is a registered trademark of ROLEX USA. The Rolex Forums is not affiliated with ROLEX USA in any way.