The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Grand Seiko & Seiko Discussion Forum

Old 6 March 2020, 09:40 PM   #31
1William
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
You own a great looking watch. I have owned a few GS and a few LE and have always been impressed but not passionate about the watches. They come into the collection and out again with relative ease. I grew weary of the SE/LE situation with Panerai years ago and now I am beginning to get there with GS/Seiko. We will see how it goes.
1William is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7 March 2020, 09:29 AM   #32
thegrandseikoguy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnuyork View Post
I'm glad they are not limited editions, this is my absolute favorite Grand Seiko and now I might have the possibility of getting one.

Edit: Ugh. never mind... Thought one of those was going to be Stainless.

I'd like a stainless with silver dial and silver hands (no blue second hand). If that existed, I'd probably buy it right now.
Well there's always this.

Sadly not legitimate though :(

Japanese "frankensteined" vintage GS First. More details here.

Kind regards,

Gerald.
thegrandseikoguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 February 2021, 12:57 PM   #33
_speedmaster_
"TRF" Member

Has anyone considered getting the 259? Interested to hear additional, more recent thoughts on it.

instagram.com/ct_watch_guy
_speedmaster_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 February 2021, 01:56 PM   #34
watch_renowned
2024 Pledge Member

That blue dial is incredible!!
watch_renowned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 February 2021, 02:57 PM   #35
sensui
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by _speedmaster_ View Post
Has anyone considered getting the 259? Interested to hear additional, more recent thoughts on it.
Amazing watch. I love mine since I prefer the darker dial. Really stunning to see the zaratsu on titanium. Plays with light in different ways imo vs steel. Extremely comfortable just like the sbgw253... Which I moved on since I've discovered I prefer dark dials. Just looking for the right strap now.
sensui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 February 2021, 11:48 PM   #36
_speedmaster_
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensui View Post
Amazing watch. I love mine since I prefer the darker dial. Really stunning to see the zaratsu on titanium. Plays with light in different ways imo vs steel. Extremely comfortable just like the sbgw253... Which I moved on since I've discovered I prefer dark dials. Just looking for the right strap now.
Awesome to hear you love it. Any pics? For some reason there has been radio silence on this piece. Really hard to find real world pics, even on Instagram.

Fwiw, I think a light beige suede strap would look awesome on this.

instagram.com/ct_watch_guy
_speedmaster_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 2021, 01:21 PM   #37
Rado63
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116334
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeezy14@hotmail.com View Post
I understand your point of view. My point of view is that I like things that are not so readily available. It's just the way it goes...

I did not buy this watch as an investment piece; all of my watches are purchased to hand down to my two kiddos. I bought this pre-owned at a great price, but to be able to pass this along to my kids and say hey, this was a limited run, this is why it's special (to me), etc. etc. is something that I value.

What I am saying is that it's annoying to see manufacturers consistently due this; for all the flack that Rolex gets in today's market, I do believe that they do things right (no LE's, not catering to what the world wants, keeping true to their business model).

I tend to agree with you that it is special to own a watch that is truly limited. But every brand seems to make something limited whether in annual total production or small total number made, but then they always make something similar to the limited edition or that low number reference. But I still believe any watch with a total of just 50 or fewer made is unique, under 100 is pretty special, under 500 is still quite rare even if they make something similar.