The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 7 December 2017, 04:28 PM   #1
jchen
"TRF" Member

Question on Reliability of AP

Hi,
So I've heard/read quite many horror stories of the reliability of AP in general.
However I'm thinking about getting a steel 15400 and a gold jumbo 15202 sometime down the line.
My question is how reliable are the 3120 and 2121 movements?

I understand they probably need to be serviced more often than say, a rolex, and will also be more expensive to service, both of which are fine by me. I am just worried/concerned with repeated services/malfunctions in short periods of time.
I'm not a clumsy person and don't bang up my watch so I expect a service every 3-5 years but don't think I can go with AP if a significant percentage (say over 10%) of AP owners have experienced nightmares/disasters with their new AP watches (3120/2121 movements).

Sorry if this isn't a good question but I'm trying to decide if I should stick to Rolex as AP's reliability or lack of, could be the potential deal breaker.
Thanks very much
jchen is offline   Reply With Quote