The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > Wanting To Buy - Watches etc.

Old 24 October 2013, 10:12 AM   #31
Racerdj
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Patek-Philippe
I had a single great experience on my first Breitling. I called the seller and read all of his 179 ratings. I took a chance but I can tell you I was stressed out until I checked for authenticity. Too many are burned and with that being said, DavidSW sold me my White face Daytona and everything is great. The trusted sellers here can look for a specific model.
Old 24 October 2013, 10:48 AM   #32
Sixshooter
"TRF" Member

Watch: Crude Prices
I emailed DavidSW and told him exactly what I wanted. He found it, and 2 short days later it was on my wrist. Pretty good service I'd say.

- VC
- AP
- Rolex
- Omega
Sixshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 October 2013, 10:50 AM   #33
amvd
"TRF" Member

Watch: your step!
Believe in guys from this forum. Take your time to know them. Diving one week in the sales sections it ll be enough to be convinced and able to choose your new preferred watch and many others to come in the future.
amvd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 October 2013, 11:28 AM   #34
Carolina Girl

Watch: Rolex Pearlmaster
Thanks SO much, everyone!

I'll be contacting the sellers suggested on here tomorrow.

I really appreciate all of the help!
Carolina Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 October 2013, 11:32 AM   #35
eeh100773
"TRF" Member

Watch: 14060 T Series '96
I didn't read all the replies here, so pardon me if I'm being redundant.

I bought used from bobswatches.com. Great experience, selection and customer service.

My $.02 for what it's worth.
eeh100773 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 October 2013, 11:40 AM   #36
Stresst
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by drifter01 View Post
I've bought Rolex and non Rolex watches on eBay and sold non Rolex watches there. I've never been burned, but I always check the seller and I also know what I am looking at when I buy. Also use Paypal due to it's protection program.

Dave
I agree! While I never purchased a watch on Ebay I have purchased many hi end products off Ebay and never had a problem. Many are weary about Ebay but most don't know about Paypal! IMO you cannot get burned on Ebay when using paypal, jmho
Stresst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 October 2013, 11:46 AM   #37
scranger
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMTII, DD, Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by eeh100773 View Post
I didn't read all the replies here, so pardon me if I'm being redundant.

I bought used from bobswatches.com. Great experience, selection and customer service.

My $.02 for what it's worth.
I've bought from bobswatches.com, too, and will second the opinion.
scranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 October 2013, 11:48 AM   #38
Knappo 1307
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Sea Dweller
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Girl View Post
The Santblanc seller on Ebay seems to be extremely reputable, and the watch comes with a 3 year warranty, but I guess you never know!

I am new to the forum and don't really know which seller(s) on TRF might be best able to help? (It seems like not nearly as many ladies watches are sold on here.)

Please post here (or PM me if you'd rather) to let me know who I should contact, and still would love to hear from anyone with Ebay buying experiences as well.

Thank you!

Like everyone has said, do your homework on the prices and the seller. There's nothing wrong with ebay, but Santblanc is always high on prices......
Knappo 1307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 October 2013, 11:53 AM   #39
Texican
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1680 Red, 5512
I have made purchases from both Sant Blanc & Chris at Watchchest....no issues whatsoever. I also specified with all stickers, etc as from Rolex and never worn and that is exactly how they were recieved. Both will entertain appropriate offers, so make sure you are well informed as to current pricing and offer accordingly.
Old 24 October 2013, 11:54 AM   #40
Formulansx
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex,Omega,Seiko
Quote:
After much thought, I have finally decided on what watch I want, and am now unsure on how to go about getting it!

We don't have used watch dealers in my area, so I have been looking on here every day, and on Ebay and Chrono24.

I'd love to buy from a trusted seller on here, but have not seen the watch I am looking for. I can find it on Chrono24 and Ebay, but I'm not really very familiar with Chrono24, and I don't know how much I should be offering for the watches that have the "Best Offer" option on Ebay.

I want to get the watch for a fair price, but I don't want to pay too much. I tried looking in the sold items on Ebay for an idea on what they are selling for, but none like I am looking for have sold.

I would like:

Ladies yellow gold President with black dial and either diamond or Roman markers. Model 179138. Age 2004 - 2007. Must be in excellent condition with little to no stretch to the bracelet and with all papers/box/booklets.

The asking price on Ebay (with an option to make an offer) seems to be running in the $17.5 - 18.9k range.

Has anyone on here bought from Ebay - preferably seller Santblanc - and/or anyone who could give me some guidance on what kind of offer I should expect to make?

Thank you!!!

I've bought from Beckertime and Topnotchwatch. Beckertime uses stock photos of most all the watches listed so your not exactly seeing what you're getting. I bought a datejust from them a few years ago (still have it). Luckily it's a nice watch but I didn't realize the picture shown was a stock photo until afterwards. My recent YG president was purchased from Scott of Topnotchwatch. I intended on purchasing a DDII 116333 with a slate dial but his pictures are so good/detailed on his website I ended up buying my Day Date from him. I saw the watch and thought "damn that looks good!" Excellent transaction and great service/communication. No regrets. It was Beckertime's use of stock photos that turned me off for buying a used watch from them this round. Scott was much much better to deal with. Beckertime had a few 36mm Day dates but I just didn't want to put that much $$ out there on a stock photo. I've heard that trusted sellers here can find most all of what you're looking for as well so it might be worth investigating. Good luck with your quest!
Day-Date President, Datejust (flipped), Bluesy 16613, Omega 14kt Seamaster, Seiko Cocktail Time, Seiko Alpinist, REC 901-2 (Porsche 911), REC TTT Escape (Steve McQueen Triumph). A few Bulovas, cars, and fountain pens
Formulansx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 October 2013, 12:03 PM   #41
porschejeff
"TRF" Member

Watch: DD 228238
Be careful with Beckertime, these are not all original. READ the ads carefully. Check out the Who's Who section here and find a trusted seller to find the piece you want.
porschejeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 October 2013, 12:07 PM   #42
alanc
"TRF" Member

Watch: 114270 16710B
let us know how you make out, and post pics when you get your watch!

I've purchased here from David SW and from Patrick Aziz aka OCROLEXGUY. Both were gentlemen and completely trustworthy. In fact, David called as I was opening the FedEx box and asked me how I liked the watch - he must have been monitoring FedEx for the arrival scan. Amazing service -
alanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 October 2013, 12:28 PM   #43
QueueCumber
"TRF" Member

Watch: ST:TNG
Quote:
The Santblanc seller on Ebay seems to be extremely reputable, and the watch comes with a 3 year warranty, but I guess you never know!

I am new to the forum and don't really know which seller(s) on TRF might be best able to help? (It seems like not nearly as many ladies watches are sold on here.)

Please post here (or PM me if you'd rather) to let me know who I should contact, and still would love to hear from anyone with Ebay buying experiences as well.

Thank you!
The problem with SantBlanc and WatchChest is that they don't list the serial letters of their watches and to me it seems they use that as a means to overprice their watches by a bit. They have used stock photos before (what you see might not be what you get). I would be wary whether or not you are getting a current watch if you don't ask them to specify the serial letter beforehand. They also stop responding to emails if you ask them for a better deal. You will get a more honest deal from the trusted sellers on this forum. I have bought from DavidSW a number of times, but I wouldn't hesitate to recommend many of the others as well, e.g. BodyBump, JustRolexes, etc. (sorry if I can't list everyone off the top of my head!)
Old 24 October 2013, 12:33 PM   #44
QueueCumber
"TRF" Member

I would be wary of people with low numbers of posts overwhelmingly recommending sellers. Perhaps I am a little paranoid but I can't help but find it sketchy...
Old 24 October 2013, 12:35 PM   #45
aaron123
"TRF" Member

Trusted sellers are the way to go.
aaron123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 October 2013, 12:55 PM   #46
Sixshooter
"TRF" Member

Watch: Crude Prices
I don't understand these websites that use stock photos or don't list serials to date a watch. I guess it's not shady per-se, but I wouldn't even bother to enquire about a watch they have for sale. How lazy do you have to be to use the same generic picture for 8 different watches?

- VC
- AP
- Rolex
- Omega
Sixshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 October 2013, 12:59 PM   #47
QueueCumber
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixshooter View Post
I don't understand these websites that use stock photos or don't list serials to date a watch. I guess it's not shady per-se, but I wouldn't even bother to enquire about a watch they have for sale. How lazy do you have to be to use the same generic picture for 8 different watches?
I don't think it is laziness personally. I think it is to take advantage of the uneducated customer: a fool and his/her money are soon parted per se. If the customer never inquires about the serial, then there is nothing to stop the seller from selling them the oldest similar looking model in the pictures. Like I said, I am paranoid though and am cynical about human nature...