The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Vintage Rolex Discussion

Old 10 May 2015, 09:40 AM   #511
hellraiser18
"TRF" Member

I highly reccomend Mathew Bain. He is in Miami Beach
http://www.matthewbaininc.com
hellraiser18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 May 2015, 10:14 AM   #512
EvanFulton
"TRF" Member

Watch: JLC Mark XI
My Vintage Shopping experience

My buying experience:

1) HQMilton.com: Jacek Kozubek is a fantastic dealer and probably one of the most reliable sources of vintage rolex/tudor in America. I had a great experience buying from him.

2) classicwatch.com: Zaf Basha is THE expert in vintage jaeger lecoultre. Even if you are not buying from him, he will guide you. I requested a JLC Mark XI from him, and he sourced the perfect one for me within 8weeks. Amazing source!

3) Watchestobuy.com: Derek Dier has a great collection of military RCAF watches and other vintage gems. He is very transparent about alterations to the watches. No surprises.
EvanFulton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 May 2015, 10:59 AM   #513
hche
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanFulton View Post
My buying experience:

1) HQMilton.com: Jacek Kozubek is a fantastic dealer and probably one of the most reliable sources of vintage rolex/tudor in America. I had a great experience buying from him.

2) classicwatch.com: Zaf Basha is THE expert in vintage jaeger lecoultre. Even if you are not buying from him, he will guide you. I requested a JLC Mark XI from him, and he sourced the perfect one for me within 8weeks. Amazing source!

3) Watchestobuy.com: Derek Dier has a great collection of military RCAF watches and other vintage gems. He is very transparent about alterations to the watches. No surprises.
Your info is useful. Thx.;)
hche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2015, 07:23 PM   #514
Jinzaina
"TRF" Member

Good Experience Wingate's Quality Watches

I have had two purchases from Wingate's Quality Watches in Texas. One in 1999 and the other just recently. Both transactions were perfect and I was happy with the watches.

http://www.tic-tock.com/wingates/

John
Jinzaina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 June 2015, 12:45 PM   #515
mysonsrolex
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5711
I just completed a seamless transaction with Jason at Sweeping Hand who shipped the watch down under. I note he is already a green star seller but just confirming his rightly place as one. Thanks.
mysonsrolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 June 2015, 09:19 AM   #516
ThorBob
"TRF" Member

HQ Milton

Just finalized a trade with Jacek at HQ Milton. Simply an outstanding experience; fantastic selection, extremely knowledgeable, helpful and patient. I could not have been happier. (And this also applies to Kazu and Jesse).

Highly recommended!

Thor
ThorBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 July 2015, 12:16 PM   #517
Motomike
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5513, 1016
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThorBob View Post
Just finalized a trade with Jacek at HQ Milton. Simply an outstanding experience; fantastic selection, extremely knowledgeable, helpful and patient. I could not have been happier. (And this also applies to Kazu and Jesse).

Highly recommended!

Thor
+1 on HQMILTON and Jesse.
Motomike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 July 2015, 02:51 AM   #518
el1125
Banned

Any feedback from Italian vintage dealers Marlon (Watches in Rome) or Elvio (Tempus Italy)?
el1125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 July 2015, 02:10 AM   #519
SubmarinerRolex
"TRF" Member

Watch: 2022 Gold Pres.
Hey

Hey it wont let me post.. What do you need to do to become a pledge member?
SubmarinerRolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 July 2015, 08:52 AM   #520
RGDJ1973
"TRF" Member

Another +1 for HQ Milton. Jacek was very pleasant and helpful over the phone and emails. I will buy from HQ Milton again!
RGDJ1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 July 2015, 09:28 AM   #521
DZA3000
"TRF" Member

where do you guys recommend buying parts? i'm looking for some pie pan dials for my 1601. is ebay truly my only option?
DZA3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 July 2015, 04:00 PM   #522
el1125
Banned

Collection-heure

Collection-heure.be in Europe aka VintageDaytona anybody dealt with them?
el1125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 July 2015, 07:31 AM   #523
nsumner
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5513
Hello All!
I would like to add our very own David Kim aka frogman4me to the list. David has just formed the company Watches With Patina LLC and made his status as a dealer official.

For those of you that don't know David...He is an active contributing member of this and other forums, an astute collector and now venturing into the sales side.

His reputation as an honest, strait shooting seller is beyond reproach. He's going to have some great stuff for sale.....personally I can't wait to peruse his listings.
nsumner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 August 2015, 07:36 AM   #524
cruvon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsumner View Post
Hello All!
I would like to add our very own David Kim aka frogman4me to the list. David has just formed the company Watches With Patina LLC and made his status as a dealer official.

For those of you that don't know David...He is an active contributing member of this and other forums, an astute collector and now venturing into the sales side.

His reputation as an honest, strait shooting seller is beyond reproach. He's going to have some great stuff for sale.....personally I can't wait to peruse his listings.
Thanks for the headsup mate, will add in the updated list.

Last thing I remember, I was Running outta sight
I had to find the passage back,To the place I was before.
’Relax,’ said this Rolex place,We are programmed to receive.
You can checkout any time you like, But you can never leave!
cruvon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 August 2015, 08:46 AM   #525
mineral
"TRF" Member

Hi friend,

Planning to purchase from cf Ken from hong kong.

Any comments or advices are greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Michael
mineral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 August 2015, 06:01 PM   #526
Blubarb
2018 Pledge Member

Can someone message me on how to contact David SW.

Cheers
Blubarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 August 2015, 03:46 AM   #527
loveit
"TRF" Member

I'm new here and just wanted to post how helpful this thread has been. I am a big fan of the vintage pieces-- thank you all for sharing your experiences and wisdom. You are all much appreciated!
loveit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 August 2015, 01:02 PM   #528
Scodbro
"TRF" Member

Derek Dier @ watchestobuy. I bought a very unique, pristine, all original 1956 Rolex & couldn't be happier with the watch. I've remained in contact with him several times since the purchase a couple of months ago (due to my OCD fueled inane, endless questions). He could not be more helpful or patient. Can't recommend him highly enough.
Scodbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 August 2015, 06:56 AM   #529
Kingface66
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 1966 Rolex 5513
I've been remiss in not doing this sooner. I'd like to offer a very supportive thumbs up for Philippe Capurro of http://www.exoticwatches.net. I'v purchased two watches from him, and he couldn't have been more attentive, honest, and an absolute pleasure to deal with.
Cheers!
Kingface66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 August 2015, 12:11 PM   #530
Boopie
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yachtmaster
Any knowledge of Sansom Watches in Philadelphia?
Boopie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 October 2015, 07:12 PM   #531
greg35
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1964 ref 1003
Anyone have dealings with Japan? i cant seem to find any recommendations, which must be a sign of not to deal with them?

greg
greg35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 October 2015, 10:51 AM   #532
Marrk
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5513
^^Greg, Gaijin lives in Japan. You might want to PM him.
Marrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2015, 03:45 PM   #533
greg35
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1964 ref 1003
thanx, Marrk!
greg35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 October 2015, 12:41 AM   #534
1badsho
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1966 Presidential
I own a 1966 Presidential that the band has been patched here and there but it finally broke. Who could I send it too to refurbish and I prefer to stay in the States if possible.
Appreciate the help!

don
1badsho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 October 2015, 05:14 PM   #535
rolstaff
Banned

Watch: GMT
Another big + for HQ Milton (Jacek, Scott and Kazu) !

Perfect guys !!!
rolstaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 October 2015, 10:17 AM   #536
cruvon
"TRF" Member

We have 2 new sellers added, welcome

David Kim(frogman4me on Rolexforums) Watches With Patina LLC

AND

Michael Morgan http://iconicwatchcompany.com

I have added to the list under Sellers awaiting 3 recommendations

Do continue to provide buyer recommendations, enjoy!

Vintage purchase experience Feedback List
************************************************** ************************************************** ********************************************

Note: A member making a recommendation (a member making recommendations should not be a commercial seller or dealer here or elsewhere) will require to have atleast 50 posts in the "Vintage Section" before recommending a seller they've made a vintage Rolex watch purchase from. This is to avoid fly by members making recommendations here. Offcourse a more accurate way to cross check fly by recommendations is by also cross checking who the members making recommendations are in the the "Purchase Reference List" to ensure that recommendations are from regular forumers/genuine buyers. Lastly, a reminder that while this list is an attempt to assist newbies entering the vintage Rolex world, it can never be 100% and should not be used as a shortcut for doing your own research for the best outcome with your purchases. Nevertheless, it's the best shot we have at putting a genuine list together with some checks and balances in place, enjoy!

Green Star status sellers:

Sellers awaiting one recommendation:
  • N/A

Sellers awaiting 3 member recommendations: [Sellers in this list below either have a) fewer than three recommendations or are b) Speculative with no prior proven forum member purchase history here and are yet to be tried and tested by forum regulars]

A green (*) against a dealers name indicates that atleast 2 forumers have purchased vintage watches from a dealer here, have received them and are happy. So if atleast 2 of you have purchased a vintage watch from any of the dealers in the list, have received it and are happy with the purchase please say so here so can update the dealers name with a green (*).Also note that a single forumer purchasing 2 or more watches from a seller will be considered as one reference and not two.

Purchase Reference list: Besides the green star rating, for added green star rating accuracy, refer to this "Purchase Reference list" to get a feel of the quality of watches forumers here have purchased from their respective sellers. Forumers have kindly made recommendations here for sellers so that it helps newcomers here, thanks guys for that! Also this list can help confirm are genuine known forumers/buyers making buyer recommendations and you can do that by having a look at their historic posts here, feel free to use the search function to look up their historic threads for posted watch pictures. Though not 100%, the purpose of this purchase reference list is also to hopefully discourage proxy buyers who make fake recommendations on a dealers behalf so that they think twice before making a recommendation here since to prospective buyers, their thread history is only a simple thread search away. Finally, do make inquiries on the forum.

Jedly (Steelerfan65,bb3188,alanski,Vincent65,Mark020,Fro gman4me)
Eric Ku (ddrees,steelerfan65,skyedog,Beaumont Miller II, Vincent65,Frogman4me)
Ben (Jason71,yessir69,desfrie,inspires,lasavoldi,vkych oo,Frogman4me)
Jacek (ezinternet,Submarino,Mark020,shairan,psv,inspires , RLX-lvr, Beef)
Andrew Shear (Steelerfan65,Tcaviglioli,Beaumont Miller II,bluemartinfan,Skyedog,Buffy,inspires,Frogman4me , Mark020)
Ralle (florianw,Burswood)
Ian Blowers (DiamondJack, chiubak,Monobike)
Jason Graham (learningtofly,alanski,badastronaut)
Derek Dier (ezinternetr,Blassy,sryukon,CdnWatchDoc)
Nick Gogas (77T,Jason71,watchcrank,motoikkyu,bluemartinifan)
Mike Wood (Ross Povey,The Laird)

Beginner reading guide threads (Please feel free to suggest some more here)

1) Forum members here have helped create this extremely helpful vintage watch terms list http://rolexforums.com/showthread.ph...highlight=list
2) A forumer feedback generated vintage references list http://rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=180464 (Ignore the pricing info since the prices are just a range and might not be uptodate in all cases, are highly market condition dependent but gives a good understanding of the various Rolex references available, please feel free to sugest updates in this thread)
3) A vintage watch repairer list by country created with forumer input. http://rolexforums.com/showthread.ph...atch+repairers. Please reverify with forumers here before sending your watches to repairers on the list to make sure you get the latest update on them.
4) Most importantly, look up historic threads on this vintage forum, a wealth of knowledge there.

NB: While this list serves to collate all vintage watch dealers forumers have possibly dealt with (from fellow forumers comments above) in one place, it in no way is a measure of the quality/originality of the watches that are on sale with them. Please conduct your own due diligence before you make any purchases by asking questions on the forum, posting pictures, getting references, etc. Also please notify us of any concerns and if the forumers agree I can take them off this list.

VERY IMPORTANT: As always refer to the footnotes and do your due diligence when buying any vintage watch, even from sellers listed as having a green star, since past recommendations are not necessarily a ticket for positive experiences in the future. So ask questions and verify watches through the forum "before" you buy any vintage watch. This is a forumer purchase experience list aimed at helping newbies find a vintage from known sources and is not an official recommendation list or a substitute for doing proper research on watches and sellers before you buy.

Hacked Accounts: There have been some instances when sellers accounts (websites and emails) have been hacked into and used by criminals to dupe buyers. Please try atleast making a phone call to the dealer besides the usual email communication before sending funds out to reduce the risk of being duped and ensure you are dealing with the right person.

Footnote 2: Please note issues raised by drainaps,Kyle in the earlier sections http://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=180461, asking the right questions from this dealer necessary to ascertain originality since this dealer might not have the specific expertise catering specifically to collectors as some of the sellers here, has a 7 days no questions asked return policy.

Last thing I remember, I was Running outta sight
I had to find the passage back,To the place I was before.
’Relax,’ said this Rolex place,We are programmed to receive.
You can checkout any time you like, But you can never leave!
cruvon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 October 2015, 01:17 PM   #537
wehttaM
"TRF" Member

Bought my 1680 and bubbleback from John @alltiques and have also done multiple trades with him. He's a great guy, never have had any problems. He's only open from usually 2:30-5:30 from monday to saturday though and everything that is for sale is outside. :)
wehttaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 October 2015, 12:23 AM   #538
kakadu
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner
A BIG negative for Watches of Distinction - unless visiting.....take special care over net.
kakadu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 November 2015, 09:27 AM   #539
djmusicman
"TRF" Member

It seems nbTimes has recently been banned on rolexforums. How was this decision reached?
djmusicman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 November 2015, 09:43 AM   #540
Daytonaman799
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex, Patek
Tarrytown Jewelers (Westchester NY)

European Watch Co (Boston)

Art of Time (Miami)

tic-tock.com (Wingates) (Texas)

Tik Tik Vintage in London (Mark Gonzales)

all great transactions for me....
Daytonaman799 is offline   Reply With Quote