The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 19 January 2017, 10:37 PM   #91
RW16610
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116710LN
The 360 is still a favourite of mine! This'll only get better in time.
RW16610 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2017, 11:35 PM   #92
Masteryacht
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16622,BLNR,116500
That sounds fantastic!
Masteryacht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2017, 12:03 AM   #93
Sherpa23
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpl20 View Post
+1
Same experience so far, Sherpa is spot on.......

Hey Sherp, any pics?
Sure. I'll post some. Mine is essentially a manual Challenge Stradale. I went through the CS and 360 and F430 Challenge parts catalogs and upgraded some things. It has F430 challenge wheels, the brembo big brake it, moton suspension, CS bumper and skirts, carbon interior including full carbon inner door cards I got from an F430GT2, F430 carbon sport seats, on and on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeTee View Post
I need to see your F40 pronto!
Do you still drive it on the streets? Definitely a boyhood dream car of mine!
I do but it's finishing a restoration with some serious upgrades and we will see how often I drive it when I get it back.

I'll put a pic.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2382.jpg (99.7 KB, 100 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1639.jpg (119.4 KB, 100 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3697.jpg (66.7 KB, 99 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3200.jpg (99.2 KB, 99 views)
Sherpa23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2017, 12:21 AM   #94
dreamcar88
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116334 dj blue dia
more than you can afford pal....

james_richardson88 instagram
dreamcar88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2017, 12:22 AM   #95
Sherpa23
"TRF" Member

Here are some crappy pics of the inner doors. But you get the idea. Between the F430 carbon seats and the F430GT2 carbon door cards, I bet I dropped over 100 lbs. With everything else I've done with it, it's probably close to 300 lbs lighter than stock.

Something that I'll say. When you really go through the 360 (and F430) you really get an appreciation for how well designed and well built these are. While I think that the F40 is the best car ever made, I think that the 360/F430 platform is the best platform ever from Ferrari. It is the best built car from Maranello. I think they went downhill in build quality with the 458.

I've owned 11 Ferraris over the years while trying to find the best three or four to own long term and I've owned as old as a Daytona and just about every v8 coupe they made, including rare ones like the 348 Challenge, and I have found there is definitely a sweet spot when they really made high quality, reliable, durable cars with a lot of character and driving magic that are worth really owning for the long term.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6680.jpg (73.2 KB, 96 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6691.jpg (99.4 KB, 97 views)
Old 20 January 2017, 12:54 AM   #96
jpl20
"TRF" Member

Watch: SUB TT BLUE 16613
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherpa23 View Post
Sure. I'll post some. Mine is essentially a manual Challenge Stradale. I went through the CS and 360 and F430 Challenge parts catalogs and upgraded some things. It has F430 challenge wheels, the brembo big brake it, moton suspension, CS bumper and skirts, carbon interior including full carbon inner door cards I got from an F430GT2, F430 carbon sport seats, on and on.

I do but it's finishing a restoration with some serious upgrades and we will see how often I drive it when I get it back.

I'll put a pic.
Wow, looks really Sherp, thanks! I was thinking of putting on a CS bumper as well......I would have loved it if Ferrari made a manual Challenge Stradale!
jpl20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2017, 01:09 AM   #97
J!m
"TRF" Member

Watch: this! Hold my beer
That IS a '71. I had one for a while with the air grabber hood. Originally a 383 hi-po car but it had a blown 440 when I got it. Slap stick auto... I never got to drive it...

The Ferrari is pretty spectacular too. Front engine V12 as it should be!
J!m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2017, 01:14 AM   #98
Sherpa23
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Wow, looks really Sherp, thanks! I was thinking of putting on a CS bumper as well......I would have loved it if Ferrari made a manual Challenge Stradale!
I think it's great but a few things of note.

First, you kind of need to do the skirts as well as the bumpers to make it look right. It's nothing you can't do but just know it is slightly more involved than just the bumper.

Second, your car is rosso fiorano. That's not only a rare color but very hard to match. You could certainly do it and stash your stock parts but it might be a bit of an ordeal getting the match of the paint exactly right, especially with the metal flake portion (size, quantity, density, etc).

That said, if you have a great paint guy, it's a great thing to do. I think it totally transforms the car and yours would look absolutely spectacular. It would be so fitting.
Old 20 January 2017, 01:21 AM   #99
jpl20
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by J!m View Post
That IS a '71. I had one for a while with the air grabber hood. Originally a 383 hi-po car but it had a blown 440 when I got it. Slap stick auto... I never got to drive it...

The Ferrari is pretty spectacular too. Front engine V12 as it should be!
Thanks Jim, the '71 was a slap stick as well, now it's a TCI 727 with a Cheetah reverse manual valve body, 2800 GER stall & a pistol grip, lol!

BTW the 360 is a mid engine V8 3.6L
Old 20 January 2017, 01:25 AM   #100
jpl20
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I think it's great but a few things of note.

First, you kind of need to do the skirts as well as the bumpers to make it look right. It's nothing you can't do but just know it is slightly more involved than just the bumper.

Second, your car is rosso fiorano. That's not only a rare color but very hard to match. You could certainly do it and stash your stock parts but it might be a bit of an ordeal getting the match of the paint exactly right, especially with the metal flake portion (size, quantity, density, etc).

That said, if you have a great paint guy, it's a great thing to do. I think it totally transforms the car and yours would look absolutely spectacular. It would be so fitting.
Good to know, where did you get the nose & skirts?
Oh, thought you would like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plYTjTxxNqQ
Old 20 January 2017, 02:08 AM   #101
Sherpa23
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Good to know, where did you get the nose & skirts?
Oh, thought you would like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plYTjTxxNqQ
The previous owner was the importer for novitec and capristo and he bought a wrecked CS from Germany and did the bumper. I got the skirts from a guy in England.

By the way, I got these diffusers from on of the challenge teams and they really go well with the car. My local race car fab shop did the hardware. It would be a worthwhile addition in the future if you were so inclined.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3893.jpg (40.7 KB, 84 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3820.jpg (107.2 KB, 83 views)
Old 20 January 2017, 07:52 AM   #102
DeeTee
"TRF" Member

Watch: Netflix
Quote:

I'll put a pic.

I salute you good sir!
DeeTee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2017, 10:05 AM   #103
Sherpa23
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeTee View Post

I salute you good sir!
Haha. Thank you.