The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 6 February 2020, 03:17 AM   #91
Bigblu10
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitix View Post
This is a maxi dial so this looks like the Rolex 50th Anniversary Submariner 16610V Kermit from the 2006 or 2007
For the authentication i'm not an expert if is a fake or not
The watch is indeed confirmed fake. The serial # itself proves it.
Bigblu10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 February 2020, 03:23 AM   #92
David cote
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Watches etc
That watch is FAKE! And anybody that told you it was real, does NOT KNOW these watches.
David cote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 February 2020, 03:54 AM   #93
Bigblu10
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by David cote View Post
That watch is FAKE! And anybody that told you it was real, does NOT KNOW these watches.
Can you imagine an "Official Rolex Jeweler" proclaiming that POS to be a genuine Submariner? Jeez!
Old 6 February 2020, 05:14 AM   #94
GGGMT
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 79010sg
Looks fabulous!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GGGMT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6 February 2020, 08:51 AM   #95
Tools
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: GMT's
Quote:
Originally Posted by usling15 View Post
How could an AD not have the dies to remove the back ?
The watch is fake, they don't have Rolex case backs
Old 6 February 2020, 10:34 AM   #96
77T
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tools View Post

Exactly.

But they do have springbar tools and the OP would have been told it was a fake the moment they used them to see between the lugs.

Neither AD attested that the OP’s watch was genuine. They just didn’t get into an argument in their shop for good reason...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8 February 2020, 02:06 AM   #97
Handey0465
Banned

Watch: 126711CHNR
Quote:
Originally Posted by rroche1982 View Post
I'm not sure but they sure didn't, I would have thought that was a requirement for an AD

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Don't disappear...

I find it hard to believe any AD would be fooled by that watch....
Handey0465 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 February 2020, 02:16 AM   #98
rroche1982
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handey0465 View Post
Don't disappear...

I find it hard to believe any AD would be fooled by that watch....
I didn't just haven't brought it by the watch place yet. Haven't had time with work yet. The more I look at research I see what you guys are talking about. The second AD had serious doubts about it. It was only Lee Michael's that thought it was real. Anton's didn't have the tool, but told me the watch wasn't right. He said only way it was real is off someone took an all black submariner and changed the dial.

rroche1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 February 2020, 02:20 AM   #99
Tools

Quote:
. . .He said only way it was real is off someone took an all black submariner and changed the dial.
Please don't insult us.

The case is wrong, the bracelet is wrong, the dial is wrong... this watch is a replica throughout, there is nothing "real" about it.
Old 8 February 2020, 02:22 AM   #100
GLADIATOR
"TRF" Member

Watch: YMII,GMTII,DAYTONA
Quote:
Please don't insult us.

The case is wrong, the bracelet is wrong, the dial is wrong... this watch is a replica throughout, there is nothing "real" about it.
Old 8 February 2020, 02:30 AM   #101
rroche1982
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Please don't insult us.

I didn't realize saying this was an insult.......

"The more I look at research I see what you guys are talking about"

.....I'm practically agreeing with you Tools.... And the other members on this board.

All I was doing was quoting what the AD told me, and responding to another members post.
Old 8 February 2020, 02:34 AM   #102
SMD
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/PP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmt21 View Post
Y serials have been documented with pointed four inserts and Mark II dials.
It’s a misnomer that all early LVs are flat four and Mark I.
How many Y or early F serials MK1 have Swiss Made across three ticks?

EDIT: Noticed you addressed this later
SMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 February 2020, 03:05 AM   #103
rroche1982
"TRF" Member

Quote:
AD didn't not have the tool to pull the back off of a real Rolex, it does take a rolex tool and they did not have it. Fake watch, at this point I believe you, still needs the rolex tool to take the back off.
Old 8 February 2020, 03:15 AM   #104
Bigblu10
Banned

Quote:
AD didn't not have the tool to pull the back off of a real Rolex, it does take a rolex tool and they did not have it. Fake watch, at this point I believe you, still needs the rolex tool to take the back off.
You misunderstand what Tools said. Even with a Rolex case back removal tool, it will not work on your watch. Because it is a fake. And at this point in time, it is a moot point looking at the movement because the watch is 100% fake.
No ifs, ands or buts. Smash it to pieces with a hammer. Then save your money until you can afford to purchase a genuine Rolex Submariner. All you need is time and patience.
Old 8 February 2020, 03:48 AM   #105
Token74
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many!
How the heck has this got so many posts.

The OP said he thought it might have been fake because he was given it as a gift...

The only people that would give me a Real Rolex as a gift would be my employer (I don’t have an employer so that’s a big ask) or my parents (they couldn’t afford to do also a big ask)...but if I had an employer or wealthy parents, it wouldn’t cross my mind for a moment it was fake, because that would be a nasty thing to do!

If ANYBODY else were to gift me a Rolex, I would know it was a fake, because why would they give me such an expensive gift. And even this is suspect, who would gift someone a fake Rolex?!

Stop this nonsense now!

Patek Philippe Nautilus 5990 - AP Royal Oak 15300 - AP Royal Oak 15450 Blue - AP Royal Oak 15450 Silver - AP Royal Oak Offshore 26480 - Royal Oak Offshore 15710 - Rolex Sea Dweller 116600 - Rolex Daytona 116519 - Rolex GMT 126710 BLRO - Omega Speedmaster Reduced - JLC Reverso GMT Moonphase - TAG Microtimer - Dent Pocket Watch - JLC Atmos Phases de lune
Token74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 February 2020, 04:37 AM   #106
rroche1982
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Token74 View Post
How the heck has this got so many posts.

The OP said he thought it might have been fake because he was given it as a gift...

The only people that would give me a Real Rolex as a gift would be my employer (I don’t have an employer so that’s a big ask) or my parents (they couldn’t afford to do also a big ask)...but if I had an employer or wealthy parents, it wouldn’t cross my mind for a moment it was fake, because that would be a nasty thing to do!

If ANYBODY else were to gift me a Rolex, I would know it was a fake, because why would they give me such an expensive gift. And even this is suspect, who would gift someone a fake Rolex?!

Stop this nonsense now!

Agreed!!!!!

This watch was given to me by my Dad, it was given to him when he was working in high end race boat sales. He was selling offshore catamarans and such for Cobra racing boats, whom I think is out of business. It was given to him as a thank you for selling a bunch of boats(is that true? i have no idea)

Did he know it was fake? I have no idea

I questioned it because he was non existent most of life

did i think there was a small possibility it was real? yes

AD by the name of Lee Michael's said it looked real to them and they would be interested in buying it. I thought i would keep it so it would be a great gift to hand down to one of my sons.

Someone asked to buy it and I thought why not

so i came here because this site was talked about as the best place to get info on Rolex watches. so i created an account to get some info

Yes I am a little frustrated my Dad gave me a fake rolex but not suprised

What I am disappointing in, is coming here to get some advice on something I KNOW ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ABOUT. Either way, the way I have been treated by some people here is ridiculous. If I wanted to be made out to be an idiot, or someone trying to pass a fake off, or multiple other things on here, I wouldn't have joined. Also I have no reason to fabricate any of this, I have gotten those type of comments as well. That's just dumb, I'm not going to waste my time or yall's on a fabricated story. If any of yall need to fact check me I will be more than happy to provide you the phone number to AD they are easily accessible via google Anton's fine jewelry AD that doesnt have tool to take the back off the Rolex. Call and just ask "do yall have the tool to remove the back off a Rolex?" there answer will be no, just like they told me, by the way I have been shopping there frequently for 8 years they have a great reputation, no need for them to lie to me either. I'm done with this post

To those of you that offered me actual advice and reached out via PM to help I appreciate you and the time you took to help.
Old 8 February 2020, 04:42 AM   #107
Bigblu10
Banned

Are you going to purchase a real one so you have a family heirloom to pass down to your children? Or are you not interested in spending several thousand $$ on a watch? Just curious.
Old 8 February 2020, 04:55 AM   #108
rroche1982
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigblu10 View Post
Are you going to purchase a real one so you have a family heirloom to pass down to your children? Or are you not interested in spending several thousand $$ on a watch? Just curious.
Yes I would like to purchase 2, one for each one of my sons

Old 8 February 2020, 05:00 AM   #109
whatsthetime?
"TRF" Member

Quote:
What I am disappointing in, is coming here to get some advice on something I KNOW ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ABOUT. Either way, the way I have been treated by some people here is ridiculous.

If I wanted to be made out to be an idiot, or someone trying to pass a fake off, or multiple other things on here, I wouldn't have joined. Also I have no reason to fabricate any of this, I have gotten those type of comments as well. That's just dumb, I'm not going to waste my time or yall's on a fabricated story.

To those of you that offered me actual advice and reached out via PM to help I appreciate you and the time you took to help.
I agree with you 100% that there are many very immature people on this forum, especially for a Rolex forum! Some replies are just downright childish and condescending.

And I also agree that there are few who actually are willing to sincerely help you and reply in a respectful manner. I'm on many forums that I have interests in to learn and contribute, and I've never read such immature replies as I do on TRF.
Old 8 February 2020, 05:47 AM   #110
Bigblu10
Banned

Quote:
Yes I would like to purchase 2, one for each one of my sons

Fantastic
Old 8 February 2020, 06:23 AM   #111
Masteryacht
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16622,BLNR,116500
OP, I understand your point of view. I’ve participated in numerous forums through the years and TRF is BY FAR the toughest crowd. You do, however, get used to it. You sometimes need thick skin around here.
One thing to keep in mind though. There is a tremendous amount of knowledge on this forum and if you are in search of an answer to a question, you will most definitely find it.
Masteryacht is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8 February 2020, 11:05 AM   #112
Tools

Quote:

so i came here because this site was talked about as the best place to get info on Rolex watches. so i created an account to get some info

Yes I am a little frustrated my Dad gave me a fake rolex but not suprised

What I am disappointing in, is coming here to get some advice on something I KNOW ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ABOUT. Either way, the way I have been treated by some people here is ridiculous.. . . :
Usually we remove posts and pictures of counterfeit watches quickly as we are here to discuss and enjoy authentic Rolex, and other brand, watches.

We decided to leave this one of your threads you started, to let you know exactly what you have. We actually thought that you would like to know, and that it could be beneficial to you, before doing something that may cause friction.

We let you know several pages back that your watch was not an authentic Rolex.

We like to give good, solid, information as quickly as we can...……….. after that, we recommend Nomex suits.